Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:00 AM

404 posts, read 366,690 times

Advertisements

I have been doing online dating, and so far so good. I can get numbers...but thats where it stops..

I get the number and then the woman and I start texting ...and the conversation is INCREDIBLY one-sided. I ask a question, she answers, I ask another question, she answers. I then ask ANOTHER question..she answers..no questions back..this had happened to me several times already..I don't know why this happens. If this girl doesn't want to talk to me, then why even give me her number?

Is there something I can do to avoid this? Or are these just examples of a decent guy meeting crappy people online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 11:02 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I don't know about other people, but I'm not interested in getting to know someone over text.
It's childish and annoying.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:03 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Why not pick up the phone and talk?

Old 10-24-2015, 12:07 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Because at the stage the OP is talking about, he doesn't have the woman's phone number yet. It's only her first response to his message to her. And women doing online dating don't hand their phone number out right away, anyway. Most need to vet the guy, first.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:50 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
I have been doing online dating, and so far so good. I can get numbers...but thats where it stops..

I get the number and then the woman and I start texting ...and the conversation is INCREDIBLY one-sided. I ask a question, she answers, I ask another question, she answers. I then ask ANOTHER question..she answers..no questions back..this had happened to me several times already..I don't know why this happens. If this girl doesn't want to talk to me, then why even give me her number?

Is there something I can do to avoid this? Or are these just examples of a decent guy meeting crappy people online?
I can't speak for others, but I loathed texting during dating and especially OLD. I didn't typically give out my number until we made a plan to meet, but even then, if a guy started texting me it was a turn-off. I had no interest in getting to know someone that way.

You asked "If this girl doesn't want to talk to me, then why even give me her number?" Well, maybe she does want to TALK to you, but isn't interested in TYPING to you.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because at the stage the OP is talking about, he doesn't have the woman's phone number yet. It's only her first response to his message to her. And women doing online dating don't hand their phone number out right away, anyway. Most need to vet the guy, first.
He says he has the number, and if it is texting, he would have the respondents number right there.

OP, stop texting and call, make some small plans to meet for a drink or lunch.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:36 PM

404 posts, read 366,690 times
Thanks guys, i did and it worked!! Thank you so much!

Old 10-24-2015, 02:37 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
She is probably not interested in you.

Do not call her unless you ask her if she wants you to call. I can tell you I hate phone calls. I amat work during the day and texting is easier. At home I have two kids that would be very disruptive to a phone call. Texting is all the way around easier.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:42 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:

Sounds like they give out her numbers to lines of people and just want to find the suckers with the most money who are willing to support them. No other rational reason to give out your number and not chat.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:35 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:

Yes, there is. You are being vetted by a "princess" type. Stop replying and try another "hit", and so on, until you find one that does seem more interested in you than herself.

The ones that don't ask questions will almost assuredly turn out to be failures, if you ever do decide to go out together.

Who wants to date someone who can focus only on themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships