Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 07:32 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times

Advertisements

I seem to attract the guys that are fresh out of prison, high school drop outs, recovered addicts and or bipolar crazy.

I have only ever dated one guy that had a college degree, which he obtained while incarcerated. Not the same as just being a good guy and doing what you are supposed to right from the start.

Now don't get me wrong, I have attracted guys that are FBI agents or work for the government, but they were looking for fun and not a relationship. I already have more friends than I have time.

Why is this? I was raised by wealthy parents in a rural area. I was the rich kid in high school. I have traveled all over the world and don't come across as trashy in any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 07:36 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,043 times
It's all a numbers game. Are you in a city with a lot of single chicks, not many single dudes? (NYC, Boston, LA, etc) Move to the areas with lots of single dudes and you will be fine (Denver, Austin, Vegas)

Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
You're into bad boys (literally)

Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I was raised by wealthy parents in a rural area. I was the rich kid in high school. I have traveled all over the world and don't come across as trashy in any sense.
Obviously having money and having "travelled the world" doesn't make a difference.

From reading your other threads, I think you know that you attract "projects". Whether it's for drama, or some other reason, it's something that you need to work on if you want to change it.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Ignoring all of your other threads, where are you meeting these guys? Most people I know have professional jobs, most have gone to college, no one's been to jail (except for maybe protesting something.)

Old 10-25-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
It's all a numbers game. Are you in a city with a lot of single chicks, not many single dudes? (NYC, Boston, LA, etc) Move to the areas with lots of single dudes and you will be fine (Denver, Austin, Vegas)
No I live in the country, in a town with a population of 2000. I have lived here my entire life.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You're into bad boys (literally)
I think they are all bad. Or at least the ones around me.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Obviously having money and having "travelled the world" doesn't make a difference.

From reading your other threads, I think you know that you attract "projects". Whether it's for drama, or some other reason, it's something that you need to work on if you want to change it.
I do attract projects. I just don't have the patience anymore for project men. I have fixed a few that go on to be good men for the next woman. I am done being used.

Thankfully current bf is perfect the way he is, and he was me in previous relationships attracting the drug addicts. His kids mothers are frequently in jail so he gets it.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ignoring all of your other threads, where are you meeting these guys? Most people I know have professional jobs, most have gone to college, no one's been to jail (except for maybe protesting something.)
Met a bunch online dating, but I never went out a second time. The bf that I dated out of prison, I have known all my life as we grew up together.

I do not smoke, have no tattoos, never even tried drugs, nor have I been to jail.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:11 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
As soon as I saw the title I knew it was this poster. Haven't we been over this ad nauseam?

The financial and social status of your parents is irrelevant. As an adult NO ONE cares if you were the "rich" kid in high school. You are an adult with children of your own.

Most adults get over the conspicuous consumption and materialism that is frequently evident in your posts. (just mentioning your high school status is a prime example of this). That trait in and of itself is kind of trashy and appeals to a certain class of people. Many financially stable men would be turned off by this as it appears you are looking for someone to support you in the lifestyle you knew as a child. Ironically, because you talk like material things are very important to you, you're attracting men that are looking for someone to support them. Like attracts like in this instance.

Work on yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships