Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:34 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I've worked with people who were dating and never saw any negative fallout. I worked with two of them for almost a year and had no idea because they kept it so quiet. I saw a couple of marriages, including those two.

My biggest worry would be the potential for an awkward situation if thing go south. Asking someone out is not sexual harassment. "But I know a guy who read a story on the internet about this dude whose brother's best friend heard that this other guy got FIRED ..." Please.
I've never heard of anyone slapped with sexual harassment except for those that were actually sexually harassing someone. And, yeah - asking someone out is not sexual harassment.

I have seen some negative fallout - but when you work in the performing arts - that's not that rare. Especially on tour - when you are around everyone almost 24/7 - there are going to be hook ups, relationships, fights, falling outs, etc. My roommate hooked up with the bass player for awhile and when it went south, they would get into fights on the bus in front of everyone. It was kind of funny. But nobody got fired. We just told them to shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 09:35 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
If the both of you aren't going to work together for the rest of your life, who cares? There is far more to gain, than lose. The only time it's a bad idea is if you're in the same department and one of you is a boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships