Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:20 AM

62 posts, read 35,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The difference with them is unlike the OP, the guys don't feel like they are wasting their time by having a friendship with the opposite sex and it is allowed to grow organically.

OP is bias to his own agenda. He claims what he wants is one thing but purposfully allows himself to become involved in the opposite of ways. He understands by being forth coming that it will limit his chances of getting what he wants so he attempts to play it along until he feels comfortable introducing his intentions and the other shows similar intentions

If it goes along and it doesn't work out this is the result.

He is allowing himself to be strung along by putting himself in a place to be strung along.

If all you want is to not waste people's time, start dating. Don't play the friendship roulette and come away a miserable mess becuase you feel like everything you did to get ahead was a total waste of your time.

You're right. I'll tell girls I want to !@*% them the moment I meet them for now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM

11,759 posts, read 11,964,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWilde View Post
You're right. I'll tell girls I want to !@*% them the moment I meet them for now on.
Extremes much?

If you like someone, you ask them out on a date, you don't become their BFF instead and expect it to magically turn into a dating relationship.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:32 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,266,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
She sounds like a user.
Honestly, some women just don't understand some of the hangups of dating someone outside of their race. I had it with an ex-girlfriend twice around this time last year. She came back a second time wanting to try, and I was nervous about it, but I liked her a lot so I tried it. She broke up with me again the day after Christmas. She mentioned that being out in public and feeling like people were staring at us made her uncomfortable. All I've ever done was date interracial, so it doesn't bother me at all. For her, I was the first black man she ever dated. At the end of the day, it was just too much pressure for her. We had some other issues in our relationship as well.

Now, she's happily married to a white man and expecting her first child in April. One thing I've been pretty good at is getting my ex's married. They'd break up with me and then quickly settle down with someone else. Maybe I showed them the error in their thinking that they could date me, and they went back to what always worked for them? Truly, I don't know. I just know that most women don't date interracially because of how they feel, but they ultimately don't do it because of how their family and friends will react to it. Like my ex, her Mom was heavily against it. That's obviously going to be an influence, since her mom was a big influence in her life.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it OP. For some women, and men, just talking to a person is harmless. Even if you spend most of your day talking to them. In hindsight, the person feels like someone has their back, even if they know that they'd never date them or things would never work out. It tends to work in their favor if they're having a dating dry spell or just not much luck in the dating world period. As Chris Rock would say, "You were a d#ck in a glass case."

Old 10-26-2015, 11:36 AM

565 posts, read 431,092 times
Quote:
You would be amazed how much more successful you would be with women, if you did that. But then again, you don't have the balls to find out.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:39 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,092,098 times
Quote:
You're such being difficult now. Although you'd probably have better luck doing that than what you're doing now.

What you do is tell them you want to take them out on a date the moment you meet them. Or very soon thereafter. Be patient about getting in their pants and get to know them as a person, sorta like you thought you were doing BUT making it clear from the outset that you are not looking for a female BFF.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Extremes much?

If you like someone, you ask them out on a date, you don't become their BFF instead and expect it to magically turn into a dating relationship.

I don't appreciate her trying to paint me out as some evil guy.

She was a tease. Point blank. Your boyfriend or your fiancé would not be okay with you talking to another guy until 12 in the morning every other night. Stop it. If it was just an innocent friendship, this would be completely acceptable but, it obviously wouldnt be to most guys.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:51 AM

311 posts, read 291,590 times
OP,
I'm sitting here laughing because that sounds exactly like something I dealt with back in college.
On top of everything else, this girl asked me twice if I had a girlfriend.
Lean your lesson and don't do it anymore.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,884,261 times
Quote:

She was a tease. Point blank. Your boyfriend or your fiancé would not be okay with you talking to another guy until 12 in the morning every other night. Stop it. If it was just an innocent friendship, this would be completely acceptable but, it obviously wouldnt be to most guys.
You are the problem here. You are the one who let things go on too long before doing something about it.

If she has a boyfriend, that is between them. If she doesn't (and it doesn't sound like she does), there's nothing wrong with what she did.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,415,784 times
Quote:

Single people so no other responsibilities in the world but themselves are a different beast than committed people guarding their relationships from outside sources of influence.

Even at that...not everyone has similar situations or needs so judging others based on your own perceptions of what "should be" wont help you get results you want.

You gotta follow your own beat and do what's best for you, not what you feel others want from or for you.

I certainly wasnt painting you out to be a bad guy, just pointing out where your own responsibility in the process was causing you problems.

Live and learn, it's all we can do.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-26-2015 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-26-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You're such being difficult now. Although you'd probably have better luck doing that than what you're doing now.

What you do is tell them you want to take them out on a date the moment you meet them. Or very soon thereafter. Be patient about getting in their pants and get to know them as a person, sorta like you thought you were doing BUT making it clear from the outset that you are not looking for a female BFF.

Sorry lol....I can take constructive criticism. I just become defensive when people attack me and there's a lot of people in here doing that. But I do think you're right. I could've handled things a lot better. I waited too long to make my move. In the future, I'll be very certain to make my intentions more clear. Lessons are a part of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships