Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 06:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I went on a first meet and I was running a little late, about 10 minutes. He beat me to the coffee shop and had settled into a table. I grabbed some coffee and found him at the table. He was busy working on his computer and stuff. I noticed one of those travel mug things on the table.

A few minutes after I sat down, he got up to get more tea. He then explained to me, that he just goes to coffeeshops and asks for hot water and bring his own tea so he can use their wifi and not buy anything.

I immediately realized we are not compatible, as he is one of those seat hogs that doesn't patronize the business. And this really bothers me even more in an indie coffee shop. And yes, that means he is extraordinarily cheap.

I stayed for a little while longer, and as we were leaving we parted ways. I headed to the bus stop, as I lived about 2 miles away. He was like "why don't you save your money and walk."
Quote:
I agree, I always buy something. At Starbucks I'll buy one thing the whole time, mostly because I feel like I have been enough without hogging the space and they don't need my revenue. At an indie place, I'll buy at least 1 thing per hour, because I want the indie place to stay open.

No. And he was just shocked. He thought the date went so well! Meanwhile I was just trying to hide my shock.

Not to mention he was just weird. He kept asking me if I liked being tickled. Like more than a few times. One time is probably weird. 4 or 5 is cuckoo.
Quote:
Oh thank you for reminding me! I went out with another winner who asked what my bra size was. I was like um, what the heck, what does that even tell you, you are looking right at me. Are you buying me a bra in 10 minutes?
Quote:
I thought of another hilarious story, not on a date, but when I was out at a bar. A guy wanted to buy me a drink, but there was no table service. Instead of going up to the bar to order drinks, he just gave me his credit card so I could buy the drinks. I bought a round for me and my friends. This guy was a douchebag. And dumb. Probably should have taken his card and left. LOL.
How comes you get all the luck jade?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 07:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
How comes you get all the luck jade?!!!
I think it is part of the problem with my resting nice face. I mean seriously I have the face that makes people just encourages them to be very open.

On the up note, at least they did this nonsense right away so I didn't waste any more time.

Oh you just reminded me of another lovely guy. During our entire first date (over drinks), he kept asking me when I was going to sit on his face. And he was meaning the very very loosely veiled sexual reference. I was like um never.....why do you ask this of a woman you just met. What on earth do you think would happen, she would say "right now, let's go to the bathroom?"

Old 10-25-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I think it is part of the problem with my resting nice face. I mean seriously I have the face that makes people just encourages them to be very open.

On the up note, at least they did this nonsense right away so I didn't waste any more time.

Oh you just reminded me of another lovely guy. During our entire first date (over drinks), he kept asking me when I was going to sit on his face. And he was meaning the very very loosely veiled sexual reference. I was like um never.....why do you ask this of a woman you just met. What on earth do you think would happen, she would say "right now, let's go to the bathroom?"
Well he gets my vote out of all your ' winners'

To be honest I'm a very approachable and a down to earth fella and have turned out to be a shoulder/ear on a few dates, women do feel very easy around me.

There was one ( first date ) that I met in a club and she had literally broken up with her bloke the night before, so I gave her my number and told her to go out with me for a drink when she was ready......

The next day she rang asking what I was up to etc, anyway I met her and within 10 mins she started to cry ( about her ex ) now!!!! We are in central London on a Saturday night and every one was looking at me like I was a scumbag!!!!

In the end I put her in a cab and bolted in another cab behind LOL ( still to this day I'm surprised I didn't get my head kicked in!!! )

Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,494 times
I have two more first dates lined up as of today. One tomorrow night and another next week (wish it could be sooner, but we both have kind of hectic schedules). Hopefully, I won't have to add a new one to this thread haha

Old 11-11-2015, 06:40 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
He was already drunk when I met him at the bar.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam33 View Post
he was already drunk when i met him at the bar.
:d

Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
He was already drunk when I met him at the bar.
Should've been on time

Old 11-11-2015, 07:44 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
I forgot this one, but one time on a first date I fell asleep. Yep, it was me that messed up. He took me to see some artsy movie with subtitles, and I was out like ten minutes into the movie. At the end of the night, I told him we should just be friends. I mean I figured if I didn't find his company interesting enough to stay awake for we wouldn't make it. Oh and another first date took me to a club to dance, and this girl that thought I was interested in HER kept dancing around and around me wiggling her tongue at me. It was strange, and neither my date or I could stop laughing. She would circle her lips with her tongue and throw her hair around. I think she thought it was really sexy, but it was kind of like Tina Fey doing it in a comedy gig.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 PM

39 posts, read 29,725 times
First meeting: After walking me to my car after dinner, he slapped my butt as I opened the door. And not a light tap, either. A full on slap that made it a bit uncomfortable to drive home.

He was very confused as to why there would be no second date.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
She reached onto my plate and took some of food. I always test women to see if they would do that and they always do! I hate that because it shows me you have no manners. Last woman who did that to me I chose not to ask her out again and never called her again. I have no problem with sharing but ask first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships