Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My comments about being judgy wasn't so much any one thing such as having tats... it was more of the complete combo that the woman had...she just looked silly...

It's like have the fake boobs, fine

Have the tats, fine

Have the super short man hair style, fine.

It was just the combo that sent me over the edge... LOL.....

I can bet she also had some serious hardware going on too (lip piercing, tongue, eyebrow, spike collar etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,276,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
I have always thought that wanting to have something on your body changed that's not a deformity is a bad idea. I get having moles removed or a hair lip fixed, but it just seems like breast implants or a face lift is changing who you are.

My GF currently wants butt injections, which is something I have heard a lot if bad things about. On top of that, she doesn't need it. She already has a really big butt. She's built like a less petite version of Kim K. She's going to look abnormal if she gets this done IMO. I just don't get it.

She says that she wants to fit into her close better, and she would like even more curves. She says that she already spends time in the gym working on her body, and that this isn't anything different.

I question if there isn't some an underlining mental issue going on, which makes me want to talk her out of this. She has always been what one could call an attention seeker in many ways, as well as a huge flirt. I'm not really the jealous type, and I've always trusted her, so it's never been an issue. My concern is why she feels she needs to alter her body. Especially a part of her body that doesn't need anything done that already draws a ton of attention.

Is this a bad sign? I would like to hear the opinions of other women, as I don't think most guys can relate to this stuff as well. Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."
This is my opinion as a woman, who like millions of other women and young girls have to deal with the pressure from social media about what does or doesn't look good.

She is self conscious and will more than likely continue further cosmetic enhancements in the future. For girls who starve for attention, they can never be satisfied. One man, one hundred men, one thousand... it's never enough. You as her boyfriend or husband can tell her she is perfect, beautiful, etc... but sadly, girls like her cannot hear you. It makes her feel good to get attention, that's why she flirts and tease, to remind herself that she looks good. She will continue this with or without your opinion.

Can you live with that? Surgery of any kind is risky. There are simple cosmetic procedures that kills patients, all for some free wrinkle promises and whatnot. The risks won't stop her. Your opinion does not matter to her ego.

My advice is that she will not change until she learns to break free from that social pressure to look any way. Accept her or leave her.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:37 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I seen those types of random bolt ons . I'm only looking not because they look in anyway attractive, but look so awful you cant help stare and wonder...why

I got some ink myself. I got them all done before the age of 17; when I was young and impressionable.
I worked with a woman who had those and it was oddly mesmerizing. She was super skinny mid age blonde, with these.... things attached to her chest. All clavicle and rib bones and BAM!! stretched skin and cleavage. I seriously had to concentrate on not looking.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-30-2015, 12:15 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I worked with a woman who had those and it was oddly mesmerizing. She was super skinny mid age blonde, with these.... things attached to her chest. All clavicle and rib bones and BAM!! stretched skin and cleavage. I seriously had to concentrate on not looking.
You said "blonde" so I assume she was a white woman and I know we can't really go too much into it, but why is it's always white women that do the boob and face plumping thing... you jus don't see women of other nationalities doing it as much as white broads... I just don't get it...

Whatever.. I don't want to turn this racial... but come one... let's be real here... you just don't see black women doing the same dumb **** to their faces/bodies that white women do.. and to say otherwise is just being overly PC....

Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
I'm built similar to your gf because I also have the Kim k body type, in fact according to her measurements my butt is as big hers. I also work out regularly and I'm into fitness. But I don't believe your girlfriend really had an overall healthy view of her body, because despite the fact that she likes her butt and her body and seems to just want just a little extra, even shelling out money to get injections(which are a large enhancement) indicates to me that she really doesn't have a healthy idea about her body the way you believe. If she did she would be fine with what she had. For instance I have never ever considered a butt surgery because I already have a big butt... There literally is no point unless I believed my butt wasn't big enough despite the fact that it's already big which means that nah I'm not seeing myself right. And you know this-this isn't the usual candidate that suffers from spongebob flat a$$ and would possibly make sense electing for this type of surgery, this is someone with a very big butt already... I think the body dysmorphia definitely applies to your gf, and that means that beyond the confident facade she's presented she's likely obsessed with how she looks and improving her body in any way she can even when it's obvious that she doesn't need to.

I have never ever considered getting butt injections because I actually do like my body and my a$$ and have a healthy view of myself that allows me to see that I'm already good in that department. Your gf, does not.

Now to be fair there is a big butt trend going on and so many women are jumping on board because it's a trend and because of the attention you get. I get a lot of attention and it is a huge ego booster, so I get it. The pressures to have the best biggest butt mixed with desiring even more a attention can make someone already slightly vain into a monster.
I think this is what is happening with your gf...

In terms of getting implants every guy I know says that once they touch an a$$ that has been surgically enhanced they can tell it's fake. It doesn't feel the same, jiggle the same, or look as natural. In other words in clothes it looks like a real real big booty, but once you tough it and see it unclothed you can always tell.
In her case because her butt is already big, it's going to look extremely fake if she got injections because it's going to look hugely disproportionate. Google blac Chyna for reference. Straight up ratchet and fake looking. She won't look good at all.

Not to mention there are so many cases lately of butt injections that have gone wrong. You can google them. They've resulted in deaths, in illness, in butt explosions etc. it's actually dangerous. The surgery itself is not very expensive to me but the risks are endless and not worth the costs IMO. Your girl sounds like she likes a lot of attention, and it's probably because she is use to it, and I can relate because I'm similar in that way. But I guess where the differences are is that I understand a healthy body image and I believe that she does not and that it will continue to manifest itself in other ways, regardless of the surgery, unless she comes into herself and gets a grip on reality. In the mean time there is nothing you can do, even if you disagree because it's all on her. She seems smart on other areas but that doesn't mean much until she gets smarter about body acceptance. S*** when I'm in moods where I want my butt to look bigger(which rarely happen) I know to do heavy weight ass to grass squats, heavy weight butt bridges, etc. but surgery really? Smh. Lol.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM

238 posts, read 222,672 times
Unless it's for a nose or something that would be practical. Meaning, their nose has a septum that needs fixing, jaw needs fixing, etc. If it's strictly for cosmetic I would suggest to them not to. Most likely, she has other underlying issues going on if she feels this particular need. It's psychological. Which makes the reason more absurd.

At the end of the day it is her decision though. If she does it, there most likely may be more surgeries in the future. Do you want someone who is never going to be happy with themselves? Her reasons are ridiculous at best. She most likely needs a shrink, not a plastic surgeon.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:55 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
I have always thought that wanting to have something on your body changed that's not a deformity is a bad idea. I get having moles removed or a hair lip fixed, but it just seems like breast implants or a face lift is changing who you are.

My GF currently wants butt injections, which is something I have heard a lot if bad things about. On top of that, she doesn't need it. She already has a really big butt. She's built like a less petite version of Kim K. She's going to look abnormal if she gets this done IMO. I just don't get it.

She says that she wants to fit into her close better, and she would like even more curves. She says that she already spends time in the gym working on her body, and that this isn't anything different.

I question if there isn't some an underlining mental issue going on, which makes me want to talk her out of this. She has always been what one could call an attention seeker in many ways, as well as a huge flirt. I'm not really the jealous type, and I've always trusted her, so it's never been an issue. My concern is why she feels she needs to alter her body. Especially a part of her body that doesn't need anything done that already draws a ton of attention.

Is this a bad sign? I would like to hear the opinions of other women, as I don't think most guys can relate to this stuff as well. Every guy I've talked to has said "she's bad news."
First thing first, in order to be a good human being, please tell her to do her own research. butt inject is another term for Brazilian buttock lift. The ONLY safe product to be injected is her own fat, anything other than that is illegal in the United States and it is dangerous. The cost is around $3800-$5200 depends on how many areas are injected. (I think this is my uncle told me, he is a plastic surgeon)

This being said, no, it is not a bad news or red flag. You can't change her desire, but she would most likely get more attention, and if this causes problems in your relationship, you might want to communicate with her.

best of luck

by the way, she needs to go through liposuction to get her own fat out of some areas of her body, then the doctors would be injecting the fat into her butt, it is an invasive surgery.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:01 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I'm built similar to your gf because I also have the Kim k body type, in fact according to her measurements my butt is as big hers. I also work out regularly and I'm into fitness.
ahem ahh ...pic? please?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:30 PM

273 posts, read 240,747 times
I don't get it. Butt injections, are you freaking kidding me? I've always had round booty even when I was super skinny. Plus my waist is way smaller so it makes it look even bigger. I finally accepted my shape and do the best I can with it.

She sounds obsessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships