Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 12:34 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
You can't really know this from the internet.
Nope, the only information that any of us know is what she has written. My impression from it is exactly what I've said.

Quote:
I think it is a valid concern if she is not getting the love/attention from her lover. It's quite possible that she is needy and might be overbearing, or possible her husband is neglecting her and not giving her something she needs.
"Validity" is very subjective. Again, my impression is that she needs to look more at her own words and actions rather than trying to be "validated" by a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with meeting needs of the person you love.
Nope, there's not, in theory. But when it becomes an expectation that the other person cannot (or doesn't want to) fulfill, we have an issue like the one in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 12:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
On the one hand, I understand the need to have your husband think you are the hottest thing around. On the other hand, it seems like your husband might think that you are so full of yourself that he doesn't want to make things worse. Only he knows for sure what is going on.

I wouldn't be happy with someone that didn't think I was hot stuff - but I also wouldn't want to be with someone that always went on about how hot they were.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:03 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
I get that the OP seems full of herself, but when she stated that he doesn't even look at her when she is naked that got my attention. How many men do you know who wouldn't look and make some type of positive comment? It almost seems that he is trying too hard to make her work for it. Ugh. Yes, it is hard to know from the internet exactly what is going on, but if she truly is needy didn't he know that when he married her? Shouldn't he try to assuage her insecurities if he loves her?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:12 PM

273 posts, read 240,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I get that the OP seems full of herself, but when she stated that he doesn't even look at her when she is naked that got my attention. How many men do you know who wouldn't look and make some type of positive comment? It almost seems that he is trying too hard to make her work for it. Ugh. Yes, it is hard to know from the internet exactly what is going on, but if she truly is needy didn't he know that when he married her? Shouldn't he try to assuage her insecurities if he loves her?
Completely agree.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Maybe he is being realistic, I mean I am guessing he is not channing tatum. Maybe all the women he thought were stunning were not into him? Kind of takes cooperation on both sides to have a romantic partnership.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Maybe he is being realistic, I mean I am guessing he is not channing tatum. Maybe all the women he thought were stunning were not into him? Kind of takes cooperation on both sides to have a romantic partnership.
Huh?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:37 PM

I am saying why is it necessary that he thinks she is the most attractive thing around? Maybe she is the woman he settled on because he was striking out too much with the women he wanted. He obvoiusly thinks she is attractive enough to sleep with so I dont see what the issue is.

Not all guys get what they want so they take what they can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Huh?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I am saying why is it necessary that he thinks she is the most attractive thing around? Maybe she is the woman he settled on because he was striking out too much with the women he wanted. He obvoiusly thinks she is attractive enough to sleep with so I dont see what the issue is.

Not all guys get what they want so they take what they can get.
I can't speak for anyone else but I would never marry someone who settled for me. Likewise, I would never marry someone who I was settling with. I could never make a marriage work under those circumstances.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:47 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I can't speak for anyone else but I would never marry someone who settled for me. Likewise, I would never marry someone who I was settling with. I could never make a marriage work under those circumstances.
That poster is projecting

Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 PM

Depends on how long you are single and how much you strike out. I am sure there are some people that could live a life of celibacy (or a bunch of cats) in liu of a relationship but not many. Its pretty rare to hear of an actual crazy cat lady, most people settle until they find someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships