Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times

Advertisements

I wrote the full story in a different thread, but I turned down a proposition for a three-way with two ridiculously hot cam models (bonus: who happened to be AVID video gamers....a HUGE plus) because I mistook them for hookers (this was when I lived in Las Vegas). Just thinking about it make me want to punch something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 12:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
none and no regrets on not pursuing anybody. I usually take what I want.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
No regrets on not following up. If I have any relationship regrets, it's staying in one cruddy relationship a bit too long, but as others have said, what's in the past is in the past. It's long over, and life is pretty good, so I only look forward, not backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I wrote the full story in a different thread, but I turned down a proposition for a three-way with two ridiculously hot cam models (bonus: who happened to be AVID video gamers....a HUGE plus) because I mistook them for hookers (this was when I lived in Las Vegas). Just thinking about it make me want to punch something.
They probably were hookers. It's just that you didn't get to the part where they ask you for money because you turned them down in the first place. Better for them to let you believe they don't charge.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:37 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
I met a guy last October at speed dating who was a match. Neither of us contacted each other (typical post-speed dating response in this area) and I wish I had done so and at least tried to have a cup of coffee with him.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
They probably were hookers. It's just that you didn't get to the part where they ask you for money because you turned them down in the first place. Better for them to let you believe they don't charge.
They weren't...they weren't even from Vegas, it turns out. It's an off-topic story, but the short version is: by the time I found out they weren't actually hookers, the offer wasn't exactly on the table anymore. It turns out that implying that non-hookers are hookers can turn some women off. Shocking, right?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:43 PM

282 posts, read 219,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
When I was in high school, there was mutual interest between a very attractive girl and myself who had a wonderful personality at the time as well. She asked me to go to her senior prom with her, and I didn't, and I don't even remember why now. It's a big "what-if" I should have chased.

What do you regret romantically that you didn't pursue?
It will always be that boy that made my heart jumped out of my chest and ran to him at age 10. We were both 10. I did pursue him, he rejected me, I think. He didn't directly coz we never talked. People were saying he isn't into me and I believed them.

Do I regret not pursuing those girls and women I met on my lesbian phase. A few of them, yes. Actually I even had a dream about one of them recently. And I am already married to my husband and not living in our country anymore. Just, surreal.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:46 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
No real regrets on those that I didn't pursue, but I do have a few regrets on those that I did pursue.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Do I regret not pursuing those girls and women I met on my lesbian phase. A few of them, yes. Actually I even had a dream about one of them recently. And I am already married to my husband and not living in our country anymore. Just, surreal.
If I remember, I may try to pick your brain about this later. I have a friend who's probably like a Kinsey "2" who's potentially about to enter this same stage of regret in the midst of passing up opportunities because she's dealing with her own sexuality. I really sympathize with her challenges at the moment.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I've got one from college. Mutual crush, but neither of us admitted. One day we were holding hands on the way to a party, then when we got there (and walked in the door) I stopped. He felt rejected and kinda ignored me the rest of the night.

There is more to the story, but this was one of many missed chances with this guy! And now well over a dozen years later we still have chemistry, but he lives far away. Oh well. It wouldn't have worked out forever, but it would have been good for a while.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:27 AM

1 posts, read 681 times
10 years ago, I was in Tulsa, OK for job training for a couple of months. There was an attractive colleague I liked so much who were giving all signs but I was too naive I guess to recognize she wanted us to go out. Few weeks ago I looked her up in facebook and found out she's married with a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships