Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 12:24 PM

220 posts, read 174,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, you would be weak for not asking her to be exclusive and take dating to the relationship level. You would not be weak for "allowing" her date 4 other guys. Because it's not your call.

Just curious. What other things would you not "allow" an adult you are dating to do? And how would you stop this adult from doing them?
I'm not saying allow in terms of being controlling. A grown adult can do whatever they please including cheat. I'm saying allow in the sense of if it were to happen than I would leave them and let them continue to do as they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 12:27 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And it was assumed after how many dates? One? Three? You got home from the second date and just decide he's your bf, take down your profile, even if he never asked to be or said anything to indicate he wants to be?

I don't get that, sorry. I'm certainly not, as a woman, put my heart out there like that and sleep with a guy just assuming we are exclusive, as I was burned that way several times in my younger years. IMO assuming ANYTHING in dating is a losing proposition.

I did not put a number to the amount of dates but if we have AMAZING chemistry after three I would guess he should drop everybody else.

My current bf of 11 months, we met on a Monday at a bar. He apparently fell in love right there, I didn't. Met him again on Wednesday,where he brought me flowers, and then it hit me, too. We had a 3 hour deep talk about a possible future and he seemed very honest and sincere. So yes, I ASSUMED. Met him again on Friday and since then we are inseparable. Never even crossed his or my mind that there could be others.

I took my profile down a week after I met him. He couldn't remember his password so it took him two weeks.

I would have been deeply disturbed if he told me after two weeks that there are still other women in his life.

I actually just told him recently after a few beers that on that Monday, I had another first date 2 hours before my first date with him and he acted very surprised and called me DOUBLE DATER for a while

Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Question picks and chooses his LTR partners, and when not in an LTR has several young beautiful women that are competing for his attention. Question has also been an AFC for much of his life, where he had zero success with women. He sounded EXACTLY like most male posters here and in public.
I think that if you really were that self possessed, you wouldn't need to show so much contempt for people who may be struggling. "Stay thirsty, my friend."

Old 11-05-2015, 12:36 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Because you are not a top 10% guy. Those guys get exactly what I'm talking about
Look out boys, we've got a wild bad boy keyboard warrior

Everyone on the Internet is 10 foot tall and bullet proof, apparently.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:39 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I wonder what a top 10% guy looks like. Is that the modern day version of Ed Hardy wearing (who is the equivalent now?) spray tan body builder types? I have no idea.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:44 PM

565 posts, read 432,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Look out boys, we've got a wild bad boy keyboard warrior

Everyone on the Internet is 10 foot tall and bullet proof, apparently.
No, not at all. I'm here to help younger guys figure it out in time. A lot of dating advice here is awful and only insures they fail at dating.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think that if you really were that self possessed, you wouldn't need to show so much contempt for people who may be struggling. "Stay thirsty, my friend."
I only have contempt for those who knowingly give terrible dating advice, effectively eliminating younger men from the dating scene. ITs sort of like women wanting a man who gets them, without being told. If he doesn't naturally and intuitively read their minds, he should be ignored by all women. its just a shortcut.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wonder what a top 10% guy looks like. Is that the modern day version of Ed Hardy wearing (who is the equivalent now?) spray tan body builder types? I have no idea.
Well if that's top 10% I'll be happy to be in the other 90% LOL

Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Top 10% guy takes care of his appearance, wears clean and pressed clothes, works out regularly: all in pursuit of being the best man he can be. As far as physical appearance, height and other things he has no control over, he looks just like any average guy. Its what is between his ears, that truly makes a difference.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:52 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Top 10% guy takes care of his appearance, wears clean and pressed clothes, works out regularly: all in pursuit of being the best man he can be. As far as physical appearance, height and other things he has no control over, he looks just like any average guy. Its what is between his ears, that truly makes a difference.

You think 90% of guys aren't like that? I'm as average as average can be and that covers me and most every professional single guy I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships