Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 12:27 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
It actually happens all the time, but you not being a man wouldn't get it.
Yes, because I have a vagina, I couldn't possibly understand.

Just out of curiosity though, what does "all the time" mean? Any numbers to back up what you're saying?

Quote:
Do you know what number one advice for guys, who have discovered their woman cheating and are about to confront and/or men who want to bring up divorce? Always have a voice activated recorder in your pocket, because you have about a 50/50 chance of being falsely accused of domestic violence or sexual assault/rape. Without a recording, you might as well start getting ready to serve time in prison.
In a lot of jurisdictions, it's illegal to do these sort of recordings without a warrant or a court order. (ETA: or the consent of the other party.)

Though, again, I would LOVE to see references of this 50/50 chance of being brought up on charges. Bonus points if these numbers show the "false accusations".

Quote:
Pendulum has swung too far the other way, and there will be hell to pay for all of us. Weak wussified men is only a small, initial consequence. Keep your eyes open.
Poor, poor men who are too "terrified" to get into relationships.

I've never met a man who had an issue with this. Then again, I tend to attract men who know what they want and go for it. Maybe that's the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 12:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timemachineman View Post
In reality, most introverted, "awkward" men have morals, and try to start relationships in ways that are MORAL and LOGICAL, thus treating women with respect. I don't see how it could be interpreted any other way. How do I know this? I'm one of them. I've discussed this topic with many others like me, and they all say the same things that I'm telling you now. We expect maturity like ours. I guess you don't have it.
What's ironic about this is that I'm supposedly very attractive. Women stare at me everywhere I go. I try talking to them a lot, but they just blow me off. I've helped friends start businesses, written papers on abstract Physics concepts, been very successful with stock market investments, and am working on a B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science. I don't trust women my age, and that's because of the ones like you (OP). What's really sad is that your kind are becoming more and more common.
Basically, I'm expressing frustration at the fact that we try to do what's right, and we just get blown off. Many young women just expect every little thing they do to be understood, and have huge egos; so they assume they're doing nothing wrong, no matter what. Open your eyes and start thinking about other people besides yourself. Mature, successful men who work hard do the same for you.
I am just like you. I am an introverted and somewhat awkward. A lot women call introverted men weak those are women I want nothing to do with or interact with. I have found out that many of my ex's friends called me weak because I'm the laidback type. Guess what? I stopped dating them. Some men just can't win with women.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:29 PM

20,381 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timemachineman View Post
Why don't you try communicating in a more obvious way, not every situation's going to involve something as obvious as the example you gave. It's well-established that many different things people say and do daily are misunderstood. I'll bet you don't like hearing the truth like that, do you?

Are you supposed to have got my goat there or something? Really not sure of the point of that last sentence...I assure you, I have no personal investment in whatever you consider to be "the truth" one way or another, there, random internet guy.

I told the man the rather explicit details of a rather graphically sexual dream I had about him. If he had any nervousness whatsoever about escalating to intimate contact, all he had to do was say, "May I?" and he would have found out very quickly just how much he may.

The entire point of the story is that sometimes guys wind up cast in disadvantageous social dynamics with women, because they seem to really lack the ability to read social cues. Men who are good at reading social cues and inferring when nonverbal, or less than obvious consent, is being waved in their faces, are often the ones bold enough to step forward and press their chance, and they do not wind up in the "friend zone." And I have known some VERY bold men...and I've yet to meet one in person who had been falsely accused of rape or sexual assault. Not saying it never happens, but I think that it's actually infrequent enough that one shouldn't live one's life around it. Rather learn how to read people, so that you'll know if a woman wants you to step up and engage, or back away and leave her alone.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:00 PM

192 posts, read 249,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundiata View Post
I'm multi dating. A man I'd been on several dates with seemed to be really taking me for granted. He acted like a relationship with me was a foregone conclusion and that I likely wouldn't have any options beyond him. He never initiated a "talk" about exclusivity and whatnot. He just assumed, wrongly it turns out, I was his for the taking.

Finally the talk came (initiated by me) about whether either of us are dating other people. It's only been about 5 dates. At first he sent this strange passive message that went "I am not concerned about other men. I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I don't feel a need to even discuss these things because I can tell from your behaviour that I don't have any competition. We have clicked and it's so hard to meet people these days."

He said he's not dating anyone else. I told him the truth, I'm seeing other men. He was so surprised. And now he has resorted to simply sending passive-aggressive text messages.

Overally, he is very passive and weak. Will this ever change?
LOL. NO. He sounds like a complete jerk to take you for granted after that little amount of time. And he thinks he doesn't have any other competition?? So he insults you and then expects you to stay with him?

Cut off all communication with him now and focus on other men you're interested in.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:38 PM

241 posts, read 223,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Really? Just in your general everyday life?

Are you sure that this isn't something that you're projecting? (Honestly, I'm not trying to be callous or flippant here- something like this just seems very extreme to me.)

What I mean by that is if there is a fear of someone bringing you up on charges of harassment, perhaps you are picking the wrong people to be around.

Honestly, I don't understand being "terrified" of this happening, because it's really not that common.

I sleep comfortably each night next to a guy who I met online (except when he snores- but that's a different thread...). Why? Because I trust myself enough to choose someone that I am not afraid of. My "picker" is pretty good. Which is not to say that he couldn't kill and dismember me. But, is it likely? No. Just like, if you pick the right gal, it's not going to be likely that she'll bring you up on harassment charges.
No, this does happen to me daily. I'm a college student without a running vehicle, so I have to walk everywhere. And it's possibly more common than you think, for there to be men that live their lives like that. A lot of them just move out in the country/rural areas and keep quiet about it; a lot of other criminals, convicts, offenders, etc. do the same thing. And I was exaggerating when I said "terrified"(that wasn't explained very well). I'm not even close to terrified, just cautious.

Last edited by Timemachineman; 11-06-2015 at 04:53 PM..

Old 11-06-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wecaredalot View Post
LOL. NO. He sounds like a complete jerk to take you for granted after that little amount of time. And he thinks he doesn't have any other competition?? So he insults you and then expects you to stay with him?

Cut off all communication with him now and focus on other men you're interested in.
You don't seem mature enough to handle someone like that. Go back to 7th grade.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Are you supposed to have got my goat there or something? Really not sure of the point of that last sentence...I assure you, I have no personal investment in whatever you consider to be "the truth" one way or another, there, random internet guy.

I told the man the rather explicit details of a rather graphically sexual dream I had about him. If he had any nervousness whatsoever about escalating to intimate contact, all he had to do was say, "May I?" and he would have found out very quickly just how much he may.

The entire point of the story is that sometimes guys wind up cast in disadvantageous social dynamics with women, because they seem to really lack the ability to read social cues. Men who are good at reading social cues and inferring when nonverbal, or less than obvious consent, is being waved in their faces, are often the ones bold enough to step forward and press their chance, and they do not wind up in the "friend zone." And I have known some VERY bold men...and I've yet to meet one in person who had been falsely accused of rape or sexual assault. Not saying it never happens, but I think that it's actually infrequent enough that one shouldn't live one's life around it. Rather learn how to read people, so that you'll know if a woman wants you to step up and engage, or back away and leave her alone.
There's a reason I said "not every situation's going to involve something as obvious as the example you gave".

Old 11-07-2015, 01:48 PM

565 posts, read 432,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post

In a lot of jurisdictions, it's illegal to do these sort of recordings without a warrant or a court order. (ETA: or the consent of the other

That is true, it is illegal. however, it is not illegal to have surveilance of your own home, for security purposes. Many smart men will break this law in order to proyect themselves, and it will often save them from going to prison because some entitled princess decided to once again falsely acuse. Smart men are also now recording all sexual encounters, for the very same reason.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundiata View Post
I'm multi dating. A man I'd been on several dates with seemed to be really taking me for granted. He acted like a relationship with me was a foregone conclusion and that I likely wouldn't have any options beyond him. He never initiated a "talk" about exclusivity and whatnot. He just assumed, wrongly it turns out, I was his for the taking.

Finally the talk came (initiated by me) about whether either of us are dating other people. It's only been about 5 dates. At first he sent this strange passive message that went "I am not concerned about other men. I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I don't feel a need to even discuss these things because I can tell from your behaviour that I don't have any competition. We have clicked and it's so hard to meet people these days."

He said he's not dating anyone else. I told him the truth, I'm seeing other men. He was so surprised. And now he has resorted to simply sending passive-aggressive text messages.

Overally, he is very passive and weak. Will this ever change?
I haven't read through all however many pages of this thing - but I don't really understand. How is he weak? I don't get that from this post.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well dear one, after five dates I've prob'ly blown about $400 and 20+ hours of my precious time on you. Seems to me that you're just using him for some good meals and decent wine.

Do him a favor and drop him.

Precious.
If you really think that women are some sort of homeless bums who need to hook up with men to get a hot meal I don't think you'll be very sucessful. No wonder you're bitter.

This strange view seems to have spread lately like gunpowder among frustrated young males. I guess they get those daft ideas from 'the manosphere'.

It may be part of the Aspergers literalist way of thinking. When they think of a meal they literally think of getting nutrients.

Last edited by Perfect Stranger; 11-11-2015 at 05:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships