Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 03:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This would tell me they didn't read the part of my profile that says I don't drink.

I'm allergic to both yeast and sulfites. If someone is sitting next to me with a glass of red wine, I will get a headache just from smelling it. I can drink vodka and gin but since I also have alcoholic tendencies (and rampant alcoholism on both sides of my family) and really can't stand the taste of vodka or gin, I choose not to drink at all, other than Thanksgiving when I might have a cocktail with my best friend's mother - though I've learned not to let her make them! (And no, my profile does not go into this much depth over it).
Awwwwwww

Well yes that aside of course ( however if the OP did target alcoholics and so on and he took my advice he would have a stampede of dates coming his way ).

But seriously I'm pretty sure that would go without saying regarding women's profiles, but in general my advice is good and I know it works as I've done it for years and years with success and in real life not OLD .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:13 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Awwwwwww

Well yes that aside of course ( however if the OP did target alcoholics and so on and he took my advice he would have a stampede of dates coming his way ).

But seriously I'm pretty sure that would go without saying regarding women's profiles, but in general my advice is good and I know it works as I've done it for years and years with success and in real life not OLD .
Truth be told, I've considered changing mine to say I'm a social drinker to see if that makes a difference.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Truth be told, I've considered changing mine to say I'm a social drinker to see if that makes a difference.
I would bet £100 it would!!!!

Infact I don't do OLD and if I saw " social drinker " I'd assume that they were more of an out going happy person which in turn would make me a lot more interested

Honestly give it ago

Old 11-05-2015, 08:21 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I would bet £100 it would!!!!

Infact I don't do OLD and if I saw " social drinker " I'd assume that they were more of an out going happy person which in turn would make me a lot more interested

Honestly give it ago

Whats the point of that if they don't drink?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well naturally it won't!!!

Unless someone specifically says they don't drink then the chances are they would fancy meeting up for a few drinks.

All that I've mentioned is from my experience of dating not OLD but real dating so i can't speak for everyone of course

Old 11-06-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
This fake Italian guy would probably disappear before the first date.
The fake Italian suddenly learned how to write English fluently after I sent him the message in Italian. I didn't respond.

Quote:
Research. See how much of a difference it makes, if any in profile views. If a guy is sitting at home on Wednesday night (seems to be the peak OKC time here) looking to possibly set up drinks for the weekend, my profile isn't going to come up if he's browsing for "social" drinkers.

When I meet someone, we can laugh over how I don't drink and he's nowhere close to 5'10."

Old 11-06-2015, 10:36 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Research. See how much of a difference it makes, if any in profile views. If a guy is sitting at home on Wednesday night (seems to be the peak OKC time here) looking to possibly set up drinks for the weekend, my profile isn't going to come up if he's browsing for "social" drinkers.

When I meet someone, we can laugh over how I don't drink and he's nowhere close to 5'10."

Yeah, I mean, each to their own, but I don't think that type of research is cool. These are real people on the other side not consenting to be research subjects (except to the sites themselves).

Old 11-06-2015, 10:56 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
In the two and a half years I explored OLD I went on zero coffee dates. I don't think I was ever asked out for coffee. Drinks, lunch + dinner, dinner, movie + dinner, ice cream, dinner + walk in the park, hookah cafe, etc. It really depended on the date and how long it was. If there was little or no chemistry, 1-2 hours, and chemistry, even if transient, 3-10+ hours or overnight.

I'm big on movies and lunch or dinner.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 AM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
A visit to the red cross so as to screen her for diseases.

Actually, I dont date. Thats stupid. I do what Im doing and she can choose to be there or not.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, each to their own, but I don't think that type of research is cool. These are real people on the other side not consenting to be research subjects (except to the sites themselves).
Fair enough. I am typically one who believes in honesty in profiles. However, I am a real person trying to figure out why the hell my profile views are practically non-existent. I can't fix the problem if I don't know what it is.

Yeah, I can understand if someone reads my profile and decides I'm not their cup of tea for whatever reason. Lord knows I've done more than my fair share of that. But in order to make that decision, they have to view it in the first place and I only get 2-3 profile views a day on a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships