Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Agreed with the above if your happy then crack on mate.

I'm similar in many respects ( apart from the bragging ) I'm completely upfront with women when I meet them as to my intentions as I hope you do?.I'm not changing just yet, however I would eventually love to settle down and I'm sure you will at some point.

There's always one woman out there that WILL grab your heart and you will not see it coming!!!.

Enjoy yourself for the mean time of course

But jasper jade is right why are you asking strangers to validate it for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 11:04 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,706 times
I feel that same way you do TC. I love being able to have my freedom and my alone time or time with my daughter but also having my casual relationships here and there. I just can't live with a woman on a day to day basis but a few times a week is fine. Do what makes you happy. Serious relationships and marriage are vastly overrated and not necessary in life.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 AM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911cedric View Post
Just curious if some of you feel the same;

I'm a 33 yrs old guy, decent looking, fairly successful with women, but i notice the older i get, the more pointless relationships seem to me

Still horny and kinky as i as i was in my 20s, i always love to hang out with girls, laugh, have great talks and have casual sex, but then after spending a night or an afternoon with a girl, i always feel the desire to leave and feel great once by myself;
I just love the way things are as sex friends.
I meet many extremely nice girls, great material for wedding and family, but just have no envy to build anything; to me raising kids and dedicating myself to just one woman is giving up on one of my favorites things in life which are traveling freely and meeting new girls, not exclusively for sex, but for their personalities and the interesting experiences we can have; it would also be giving up on my lovely chaotic and aimless life

I obviously rarely hang like this with girls of my age, as they tend to be either second choice, weirdos, desperate to have children or getting married; i refrain myself to hang with great girls i meet in my age range as i respect them and don't want to waste their time

I had many relationships long and short before, but i just don't feel the enthusiasm i used to have as i was younger. I hold no grudge against anybody; some were good, some bad. I realize that should one of my past relationships had worked out, i could maybe be married today; but i feel i missed that train and lost the innocence and magic i had. I remember very well how strong my heart used to beat for girls as a teenager, but all this is gone, and nothing seems to bring it back

Are there other people feeling like this? Or should i quit being weird and shut my mouth?
I'm curious then as to what age range of women you think are worthy of being "disrespected" & having their time "wasted" ?! What you are doing is only problematic if you're not upfront with these women BEFORE sex. Women of all ages generally don't appreciate being manipulated or used just for sex. But you will be surprised the amount of woman who are still into having a good time ~ as long as it is not under false pretenses. Honesty is key here. Always (always, always) give a woman the opportunity to decide for herself. You're no Casanova if the woman regrets going to bed with you afterwards, lol.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I feel that same way you do TC. I love being able to have my freedom and my alone time or time with my daughter but also having my casual relationships here and there. I just can't live with a woman on a day to day basis but a few times a week is fine. Do what makes you happy. Serious relationships and marriage are vastly overrated and not necessary in life.
Was that a TC or did you mean LC??

If LC then yes absolutely I'm nearly 31 and still doing the same things as I was when I was 18

I can go out when i want with whoever etc , I've only ever lived with one woman ( except mum lol ) and that was my ex, we were seeing each other casually or " not exclusively " is my favourite terminology I've learned from the C-D fraternity for years until we decided to have a go and move in together, it was great but we realised we wasn't for each other so..........

As for serious relationships and marriages being overrated I'm not so sure to be honest mate, yes I love my freedom and it sounds great being out most nights on the pull BUT I was actually happiest when I was coming home to my ex you can't beat going home to the one you LOVE every night .

That said as I was pretty cut up at the time of us splitting and ive loved being single so it would take someone very special to settle down with at the moment.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Was that a TC or did you mean LC??

If LC then yes absolutely I'm nearly 31 and still doing the same things as I was when I was 18

I can go out when i want with whoever etc , I've only ever lived with one woman ( except mum lol ) and that was my ex, we were seeing each other casually or " not exclusively " is my favourite terminology I've learned from the C-D fraternity for years until we decided to have a go and move in together, it was great but we realised we wasn't for each other so..........

As for serious relationships and marriages being overrated I'm not so sure to be honest mate, yes I love my freedom and it sounds great being out most nights on the pull BUT I was actually happiest when I was coming home to my ex you can't beat going home to the one you LOVE every night .

That said as I was pretty cut up at the time of us splitting and ive loved being single so it would take someone very special to settle down with at the moment.
Sorry. TC = Topic Creator

Whatever makes you happy. I like you have only lived with one partner and I just wasn't happy. I don't think I'm built to be with just one person for the rest of my life. There's too much temptation out. I want to try women of different cultures and ethnicities. That feeling of meeting someone new is so exciting and that feeling always goes away if you stay stationary with just one person.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry. TC = Topic Creator

Whatever makes you happy. I like you have only lived with one partner and I just wasn't happy. I don't think I'm built to be with just one person for the rest of my life. There's too much temptation out. I want to try women of different cultures and ethnicities. That feeling of meeting someone new is so exciting and that feeling always goes away if you stay stationary with just one person.
Topic creator!!!! Not OP LOL

I've had previously a few make the typo so.......

Old 11-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Topic creator!!!! Not OP LOL

I've had previously a few make the typo so.......
Yes, that's just me trying to be different haha

Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's just me trying to be different haha
Awkward sod!!!!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:38 PM

18 posts, read 27,703 times
Thing is i am perfectly fine as i am;
Questions come because society, family, friends getting married and having kids,... Some are asking why i don't settle down etc... All that put a great deal of pressure on us, and i'm curious about how people cope with that

i never lie and bs girls about how i feel and what's my lifestyle
This is why i avoid girls of my age as i have no intention to waste their time. I know 99% of them have marriage and kids in mind, and i think it's not fair to hang if i don't share the same aspirations. Younger or older girls than me tend to be in a more liberal and casual mindset and are fine with how it goes;
i Have great respect for all women,

My relationships are not only based on sex and i really enjoy women company for taking them out, doing cool things and having interesting talks; i really have affection and do care for the girls i know and enjoy to help as much as i can when they need something. i'm just not interested in having a couple relationship, as having a family is not the future i foresee for me for now

I'm not saying things won't change one day; i'd be surprised if they would. But well i like to be surprised

Old 11-04-2015, 03:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911cedric View Post
Thing is i am perfectly fine as i am;
Questions come because society, family, friends getting married and having kids,... Some are asking why i don't settle down etc... All that put a great deal of pressure on us, and i'm curious about how people cope with that

i never lie and bs girls about how i feel and what's my lifestyle
This is why i avoid girls of my age as i have no intention to waste their time. I know 99% of them have marriage and kids in mind, and i think it's not fair to hang if i don't share the same aspirations. Younger or older girls than me tend to be in a more liberal and casual mindset and are fine with how it goes;
i Have great respect for all women,

My relationships are not only based on sex and i really enjoy women company for taking them out, doing cool things and having interesting talks; i really have affection and do care for the girls i know and enjoy to help as much as i can when they need something. i'm just not interested in having a couple relationship, as having a family is not the future i foresee for me for now

I'm not saying things won't change one day; i'd be surprised if they would. But well i like to be surprised
Nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Your outlook is actually refreshing.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 11-04-2015 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships