Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I have showed him this thread actually. He agreed with me about a lot of things. He also reiterated his Lust versus love dichotomy he's fixated on. Nothing I said about EA surprised him, but he did say he thinks I need to let it go and stop talking about him. He's not interested in getting on a forum. He said that's my thing.

This is really weird (to me). Has your husband always been so.... accepting?

Seriously, my husband probably would have all but divorced me. More over the thinking I was in love with someone I've known a month and never met, than the EA.

The fact that you're husband is ok with all this, AND has read this thread........ It is definitely a type of relationship I am unable to relate to.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 AM

308 posts, read 446,071 times
Quote:
I have showed him this thread actually. He agreed with me about a lot of things. He also reiterated his Lust versus love dichotomy he's fixated on. Nothing I said about EA surprised him, but he did say he thinks I need to let it go and stop talking about him. He's not interested in getting on a forum. He said that's my thing.
That's one thing we can all agree on. OG needs to be completely out of your life.

And my wife is the same way about forums. Her feeling is that she's on a computer all day for work, she doesn't want to be in front of one at home.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:02 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
. Sex is just too private a topic for him. I'm not giving up on him though. I owe him that much. I'll keep asking him to go to couples therapy with me until I'm blue in the face and I'll keep seeking out an affordable non religious counselling service. Like I said, being the the Bible belt is making it very difficult to find affordable therapy that isn't "Bible based." It's like walking in the door and already being told how they plan on approaching every issue. It makes me very uncomfortable going to a "Christian Counseling " service of any kind since that is why he approaches Sex the way he does anyway.
You're not giving up on him...until he bends to your will and accommodates your libido, frequency and preferences? Are you even trying to fix your marriage, atone for your mis-steps with the EA, your past issues, or is it all about finding ways to push him to fulfill your sexual desires so then everything can be fine? He is okay with "vanilla" sex several times a week, stress causes him to not want sex, and you think you can magically change that? I really don't feel you have any respect for him at all. I don't often say this but I don't think this marriage is salvageable.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:02 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
@mikala

He has been. Again it's his wholehearted embrace of his Faith. I don't quite understand it either, but I can only believe him.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're not giving up on him...until he bends to your will and accommodates your libido, frequency and preferences? Are you even trying to fix your marriage, atone for your mis-steps with the EA, your past issues, or is it all about finding ways to push him to fulfill your sexual desires so then everything can be fine? He is okay with "vanilla" sex several times a week, stress causes him to not want sex, and you think you can magically change that? I really don't feel you have any respect for him at all. I don't often say this but I don't think this marriage is salvageable.
Of course I'm doing all those things. You want every single detail? This thread would be 10 times as long.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:52 AM

What happened to the odd/even day agreement?

Old 11-10-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
What happened to the odd/even day agreement?
That's been going strong for 3 weeks not, approximately. We are making progress, just seems to still be a mental block on his part I'm trying to break through. Mostly it's his inability to relax and enjoy the moment when we have sex. He's afraid to let himself fully enjoy everything about it, the intensity, the lust, plus the emotional bond he prioritizes and idealizes. He stays up for 30 min to an hour without finishing because he won't let himself release. It's strange. He finishes maybe once a week at the most. Most of the time he goes for so long he gets exhausted or numb and can't finish. I know some women wouldn't complain about this, but his enjoyment is a big turn on when it happens and a big let down for me when it doesn't.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Oh ok, for some reason I was starting to think that wasn't still going.

Sounds like you guys have a bit to work through. Are there any physical issues that he doesn't always finish, or are you sure it's all mental?

Old 11-10-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
Oh ok, for some reason I was starting to think that wasn't still going.

Sounds like you guys have a bit to work through. Are there any physical issues that he doesn't always finish, or are you sure it's all mental?
I think it's all mental. He has no problem getting the equipment working. I've never heard of delayed ejaculation being a medical issue

Old 11-10-2015, 12:36 PM

It seems it is largely psychological and it is often caused by shame induced by religious views on sex. Well dang.
Delayed Ejaculation: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships