Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 07:46 AM

167 posts, read 167,883 times

Advertisements

my wife is a college football fanatic. She loves the Gamecocks and HATES Clemson. If you are thinking "I know people like that"....no, you don't, she's a nutcase when it comes to this. Anyway, we have neighjbors that moved here around a year ago from PA. We exchange pleasantries and are in general, decent friends and good neighbors. Being from PA and liking football, I guess they decided to pick a southern team to like and they chose Clemson. The male made a FB post about hoping Clemson would win, my wife posted something about how much she hates Clemson to which he replied "Does SC even have a team this year?" Honestly, I couldn't have gotten a more violent reaction out of her if I told her I was having an affair with a 15 year old. She ranted and raved and threw things and wished his death and i mean it was CRAZY. I had to send him a text asking him not to post anti-gamecock material on FB anymore. I told her I was embarrassed by her behavior. She said a good husband would stand by her no matter what. I said I was sorry but can not and will not condone idiotic behavior like that.
What do you say, side with your spouse NO MATTER WHAT or side with righteousness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 07:51 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Based on the question in the title, my answer was going to be yes, always take her side in public. And if you disagree, you can talk to her about it in private.

However, as much as I love my (currently pathetic) college team, inability to be civil and have some perspective is part of a bigger issue. This isn't about whether or not you should agree with her or take her side. This is about some emotional problems and immaturity that she has. It's two different questions.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:52 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
It's one thing to take her side regarding your family or your home or something that's actually important. And like stan said, to keep a united front in public. However, she's losing it over football, not a life or death situation. Your neighbor probably thought he was having a little friendly fun with some harmless trash talk, and you were not wrong to tell her privately that she needed to tone it down.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,103 times
Agree with you on her bad behavior and rudeness. He meant to be humorous and she went mean. Thats something most men wouldnt even start. The neighbor needs to block her from his facebook page. Not a fan of Facebook nor most other social media as many times it ends up a problem for many.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Well for some of us, football is dang near life and death. If my wife came home rocking a Steelers jersey or a Ravens hat, she would be getting divorce papers the next day for example. Now psycho football behavior DOES need to be kept in check, ESPECIALLY online. You will never win over football, but the fact that your wife is on this level should be a turn on, chicks into sports on a fanatical level is hot.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Sports chicks are hot. Bat crap psychos are not.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:25 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
As a life long Gamecock fan / sufferer, I understand her pain. But to call her reaction bizarre doesn't even do it justice.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:29 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Why are people so obsessed with football and facebook? We once hunted the mammoth and now people have regulated themselves to emotional validation through football and Facebook.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
my wife is a college football fanatic. She loves the Gamecocks and HATES Clemson. If you are thinking "I know people like that"....no, you don't, she's a nutcase when it comes to this. Anyway, we have neighjbors that moved here around a year ago from PA. We exchange pleasantries and are in general, decent friends and good neighbors. Being from PA and liking football, I guess they decided to pick a southern team to like and they chose Clemson. The male made a FB post about hoping Clemson would win, my wife posted something about how much she hates Clemson to which he replied "Does SC even have a team this year?" Honestly, I couldn't have gotten a more violent reaction out of her if I told her I was having an affair with a 15 year old. She ranted and raved and threw things and wished his death and i mean it was CRAZY. I had to send him a text asking him not to post anti-gamecock material on FB anymore. I told her I was embarrassed by her behavior. She said a good husband would stand by her no matter what. I said I was sorry but can not and will not condone idiotic behavior like that.
What do you say, side with your spouse NO MATTER WHAT or side with righteousness?
You should be able to tell your wife or significant other where they are wrong at.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:38 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,489 times
I don't think you need to jump on the crazy train to prove your loyalty. Your wife's behavior is decidedly odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships