Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times

Advertisements

Kindness.

Honesty.

Knowing that I'm the first person he thinks about in the morning and the last he thinks about at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 10:10 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Every woman is different and every man is different but personally I don't put any labels on anything.
I don't have to have a checklist of anything.

If I am attracted then I am attracted and I wait and see what happens naturally.

This one. I wish there was one answer, but there isn't.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My love languages are affection and attention. So I feel valued when you are 100% focused on me when we are together. I like lots of hugs and cuddling.

I also need you to remember (listen actively) little things and show me you do. So let's say I told you my favorite cupcakes are yellow cake with chocolate frosting. If you saw one and got it because they reminded you of me, that's a lot of points.

And creating unique shared memories and experiences we can refer to later.
This, and showing interest in my work or interests or causes and opinions, achievements, whatever. In a nutshell, being into me for my mind, not just my body.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Time to myself as I make myself feel valued since I value myself.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:11 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Exactly that, what makes you feel valued, special in a relationship ? Especially a new relationship.

My X wife told me this from time to time and now I just ended a 4 month relationship because she brought this up for a third time. I felt like I was giving her 100%, but apparently not.

So what does your guy do, say etc that makes you feel valued ?
You are keeping score. Who cares HOW many times a subject is brought up. It must be important to her if she brought it up 3x. Yes?

You're not listening!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Exactly that, what makes you feel valued, special in a relationship ? Especially a new relationship.

My X wife told me this from time to time and now I just ended a 4 month relationship because she brought this up for a third time. I felt like I was giving her 100%, but apparently not.

I'd say this is more of a communication issue than it is an issue of specific things that you can do to make a woman feel valued.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Every woman is different and every man is different but personally I don't put any labels on anything.
I don't have to have a checklist of anything.

If I am attracted then I am attracted and I wait and see what happens naturally.
Pretty much this.

Relationships, chemistry, romance, etc. are not some kind of formula you can solve like math equation. Sounds to me that you both weren't compatible.

It happens. Keep calm and carry on.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:49 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:

I tried to read this to understand but missed it. You ended a relationship with your wife b/c she brought it up 3x or your ex brought it up twice and now a new GF has also brought it up? Either way, you're not listening and that's the fastest way to make a woman not feel valued. Why don't you ask her/them what is it you're not doing? If you don't get this straightened out you'll always struggle in your relationships.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Plutonium?

Old 11-10-2015, 04:50 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
I need your time, attention, and affection. Those things make me feel valued and loved .

I normally don't want or need gifts, but throw in an occasional bouquet of flowers (as I'm a sucker for them...even carnations!), and I'm putty.

It doesnt take much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships