Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Sounds to me like you're jealous of him. Either that or you're an angry angry person. I hope for his sake that he keeps his distance from you.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What makes you so sure she settled for this guy?
What makes you think I said that? Oh, forgot.

My comment was to the notion Missclutterbuck might have expressed suggesting that since it's common for women who have really ****ty options to settle for any old schmoe, her words, that potentially being said schmoe meant that those men had some really desirable options.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:58 AM

311 posts, read 292,744 times
What was the point of this post again?
You are putting your own brother down based on things that are outside of his control?
Does that make you feel better about yourself?
I guess winning the genetics lottery isn't enough to me one happy. Oh well.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:01 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Who needs enemies with friends (or in this case, family) like you? If you are so dismissive and disparaging of your own sibling, I cannot imagine what your approach to enemies is.
I got to say, that was my initial reaction reading the OP as well.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:32 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

You must not hang out here much to hear the arguments that young, cute girls supposedly have their pick of anyone. No it's not true, but it sure helps to dispel such myths when faced with specific accounts.
You will never convince the bitter loser guys who blame women and society for their relationships woes that they are living in self-imposed misery.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:49 AM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
Op, you really come across as a jerk in this post.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
If he can find someone to marry him, let alone date him, then almost any guy can.

He is homely, broke, lives with his parents, is not very bright (sadly he was born premature although not intellectually handicapped...just plain ol' stupid), is barely average height, and has the personality of Beavis and Butthead.

Yet, some younger, slender, cute girl (by far the prettiest he has ever dated) just MARRIED him. I don't think it will last, but seriously, someone was WILLING to marry him.

Yeah, she must not be very bright either, especially to do so on a whim in Vegas....but goodness knows she probably could've done better according to most people's theories on "leagues" and whatnot.

In fairness to my brother, he can be sweet and very loyal.

*Let me note that we are not blood-related siblings.

This really is a positive thing though. It should give hope to everyone.
I know a couples guys pretty much just like what you described, maybe minus the beavis and butthead but close. So yep, I cant really muster any sympathy for some of these guys who woe is me, I cant find a woman.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:09 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I think just about anyone can find someone. But most people don't just want someone.

By your own admission, OP, they won't last very long. Probably not the best anecdote to make your point.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Oh we are not friends. We are only siblings by marriage and have no relationship.
I found this out on FB weeks after the fact.

This thread is not about my relationship with him, so keep those comments to yourself.

It wont last because it was impulsive, which is another trait of his. I dont wish bad for him, but I am realistic.

I said this was a good thing in some ways...someone likes him for "who he is".
So he is your step brother?

You don't get to pick and choose or tell people how to respond. You did some job on badmouthing him, people will comment.

Don't want to hear it? Don't post on a public forum.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

This really is a positive thing though. ...
Congratulations to your brother.

[]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships