Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:08 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker65 View Post
Wow, OP. You sound more jealous than anything else. What's your problem? What's the root cause of this post? Why would you care if your brother married a woman out of his league? Is it because you yourself are unable to do better?
I think her point was simply to provide a real-life example of a non-alpha, non-good-looking, non-rich, average to below-average guy who has a relationship with an attractive woman.

This was intended as inspiration for the guys who don't venture out into the real world and are always complaining about how a guy like this would never be able to be with an attractive women.

She's wasting her time, though. The basement dwellers would rather attack her, rather than admitting that this could actually happen in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
A lot of bad things were caused by feminism....whether or not you'd like to believe that. And it ultimately hurts men as a whole.
Haha. Yeah right. Sure it does.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:15 PM

914 posts, read 764,174 times
Quote:
A lot of bad things were caused by feminism....whether or not you'd like to believe that. And it ultimately hurts men as a whole.

Now, you're just being silly! The right to vote, own property, work, go to school, where skirts above the ankle, be treated as equal under the law....Oh yeah I'm hurting sooo bad right now

Old 11-11-2015, 04:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,054,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I think her point was simply to provide a real-life example of a non-alpha, non-good-looking, non-rich, average to below-average guy who has a relationship with an attractive woman.

This was intended as inspiration for the guys who don't venture out into the real world and are always complaining about how a guy like this would never be able to be with an attractive women.

She's wasting her time, though. The basement dwellers would rather attack her, rather than admitting that this could actually happen in real life.
Nobody says that it CAN'T happen. However, it's very unlikely to happen.

How many couples do you see where the women is taller than the man? How many white men do you see dating black women? How many white women do you see dating Asian men?

Not many. However, I don't doubt that you've seen a few such couples in your lifetime. However, they are not the norm.

Not everything is about leagues....but there is A LOT of nuances in this society that many people seem unable (or unwilling) to see. Doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Now, you're just being silly! The right to vote, own property, work, go to school, where skirts above the ankle, be treated as equal under the law....Oh yeah I'm hurting sooo bad right now
Don't forget that women are far more promiscuous than they used to be and cheat more. Women are more willing to dissolve marriages for no reason ("my feelings have changed"). Women are also far more picky and require way more effort from men than they used to.

And, of course, women compete with men for jobs now, making it more difficult for everybody to find work.

So, yeah, life has gotten much worse for men directly because of feminism.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:24 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,864 times
Quote:

You seem to love spending your time attacking these basement dwellers even though if you actually cared to read the thread they are not the ones attacking her.

The OP should know how C-D works. She would've gotten a lot better response if she didn't tear this guy down to make her point.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Don't forget that women are far more promiscuous than they used to be and cheat more. Women are more willing to dissolve marriages for no reason ("my feelings have changed"). Women are also far more picky and require way more effort from men than they used to.

And, of course, women compete with men for jobs now, making it more difficult for everybody to find work.

So, yeah, life has gotten much worse for men directly because of feminism.
Oh, so women can cheat as much as men have always done... poor men.

Women can get divorced as easily as men can now... poor men.

Women can be picky like men have always been... poor men.

Women are able to start companies and create jobs so there are more jobs for everyone... poor men.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:27 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You seem to love spending your time attacking these basement dwellers even though if you actually cared to read the thread they are not the ones attacking her.

The OP should know how C-D works. She would've gotten a lot better response if she didn't tear this guy down to make her point.
She was completely vicious in the OP and this is supposed to be a family member she's talking about??? Like someone else said, I'd hate to see how she treated enemies.. LOL....

Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, so women can cheat as much as men have always done... poor men.

Women can get divorced as easily as men can now... poor men.

Women can be picky like men have always been... poor men.

Women are able to start companies and create jobs so there are more jobs for everyone... poor men.
My point was that things have gotten A LOT worse for men than they previously were....which you seem to acknowledge in backhanded, passive-aggressive manner (which would be an unsurprising way for a male feminist to react).

Maybe I would have been okay with it if I actually got to experience the time when men were in power, but I've only been alive during the time when women have all of the power in just about everything.

Does this mean that I can't work? No. Does this mean that I can't date? No. But it does mean that there will always be a power imbalance to that of the woman.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:35 PM

Women are far from having all the power.

Do they have more power than they did 50 or 100 years ago? For sure. And that's a good thing.

Do white American males not have as quite much power as they did in the past? Probably. That's also a good thing overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships