Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:44 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You are on the money.

Women have been graduating from college at a higher rate than men going back to the early ‘80s, and at a much higher rate than men going back to the ‘90s. These college graduation rates and gender ratios have spilled over into the post-college dating market.

The Dating Market Might Actually Be Worse For Educated Straight Women
I can't thank you enough for this link. I have found that so many of the men my age on OLD who are available fall into the red-neck, uneducated category. I feel like all they talk about is sports, fishing, riding their Harley and partying down with booze. Most of these types have a nasty looking beard and post photos of themselves holding a fish while standing atop a boat and often are wearing sunglasses in their profile picture. Ugh, just ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:46 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I can't thank you enough for this link. I have found that so many of the men my age on OLD who are available fall into the red-neck, uneducated category. I feel like all they talk about is sports, fishing, riding their Harley and partying down with booze. Most of these types have a nasty looking beard and post photos of themselves holding a fish while standing atop a boat and often are wearing sunglasses in their profile picture. Ugh, just ugh!
Must be regional. I have never seen even a hint of that where I am.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:56 AM

565 posts, read 432,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Men havent had to fight for "equality" your right, instead we are too busy fighting for our jobs and to provide for families as we keep getting laid off for outsourcing or trying to be able to afford anything with stagnant wages, especially for those coming out of college
Not to mention, fighting in actual wars and dying by thousands. I love how certain women are so stuck on equality of outcomes, instead of focusing on equality of opportunity, and are trying so very hard to be like men. Here is a secret ladies, men like women, not other men.

Dating always has been different for men and women. While many things have changed socially and in the dating market, these differences will always remain for the simple fact that we are attracted to very different things, and have very different needs and wants as to what to get out of a relationship. Equality isn't sameness. Men want women because of their femininity and women want men because of their masculinity. Both are the very base of our nature.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:05 PM

769 posts, read 829,838 times
I think that what a lot of women are finding is that they are putting off relationships until their mid-late 30's and realizing too late in life that, hey, their looks have passed them by and that's what a lot of guys are into.

So mid 30's career woman who let herself go in favor of her career is short of options in the dating pool.

Sorry, but this is a fact. I've dated a few. They are the ones that get SUPER upset with you when you are truthful about things like this with them.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
I think that what a lot of women are finding is that they are putting off relationships until their mid-late 30's and realizing too late in life that, hey, their looks have passed them by and that's what a lot of guys are into.

So mid 30's career woman who let herself go in favor of her career is short of options in the dating pool.

Sorry, but this is a fact. I've dated a few. They are the ones that get SUPER upset with you when you are truthful about things like this with them.
No doubt. But very few will admit that they are most desired in their youth, perhaps 18 to the mid 20s. This is the prime time for them to find a lifelong partner, because it is a time when they can find the best quality guy for what they have to offer. I love reading dating profiles of mid 30s career women, who spare no effort to boast about their academic achievements or how financially secure they are. AS if any man ever born really cared about that. haha

Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Since men and women are not equals, there's no reason to assume that they would be equal in dating.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:32 PM

579 posts, read 432,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
I love reading dating profiles of mid 30s career women, who spare no effort to boast about their academic achievements or how financially secure they are. AS if any man ever born really cared about that. haha
Actually, I find that quite a few men now expect women to be able to support themselves. These men do not want to support women, and think any women who desire that are just lazy, leeches, etc. Would you seek out a woman with no academic or work history?

There are also a lot of men who think intelligence is sexy.

But such accomplishments maybe don't make the best introductory dating site material.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
Actually, I find that quite a few men now expect women to be able to support themselves. These men do not want to support women, and think any women who desire that are just lazy, leeches, etc. Would you seek out a woman with no academic or work history?

There are also a lot of men who think intelligence is sexy.

But such accomplishments maybe don't make the best introductory dating site material.
Every human being should be able to support themselves. However, this is not a highlight for what men find attractive. Physical looks, youth etc etc. is what really matters. A georgous young woman doesn't even have an online dating profile, because she has men of all ages chasing her nonstop. Not very of them hold it against her, that her degree is from a community college or that she currently is making a low salary. Lets be real about this. Women spend billions of dollars each year to enhance the way they look, because they get it.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Every human being should be able to support themselves. However, this is not a highlight for what men find attractive. Physical looks, youth etc etc. is what really matters. A georgous young woman doesn't even have an online dating profile, because she has men of all ages chasing her nonstop. Not very of them hold it against her, that her degree is from a community college or that she currently is making a low salary. Lets be real about this. Women spend billions of dollars each year to enhance the way they look, because they get it.
I don't know how old you are, but you sound like some old guy who grew up in the 50's, hasn't been able to adapt to the modern era, and yearns to get those "good old days" back.

Here's news for you though. Modern men find women who have their own careers, ambitions, and interests highly attractive.

Looks are very one dimensional. Lasting attraction comes in a full package of attributes.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Here's some advice for all you men who are soooo bitter about women trying to be equal.

DEAL WITH IT!!!

Newsflash: a lot of those women would prefer to pursue their own goals and dreams than cater to your sorry asses. Maybe if you weren't so pathetic, women would give you second glances.

The problem isn't that these women want careers. The problem is that they don't want YOU!!! They want real men, and real men respect strong women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships