Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times

Advertisements

Not in the sense you are thinking...

It's just pure facts in terms of social engagement. People don't realize that while we applaud the progress women have made in terms of equality, education, and independence, men have been following tradition since the dawn of day. Men haven't had to try to win over their independence, fight inequality, or rights to be the bread winners. Men have always been called upon to be the providers of their women and children. Now, the tables have turned in a sense.

In today's climate- women are totally ok with mult-dating (traditionally a man's game). Women now have foregone their early courtship in pursuit of their careers. But having reached their 30s, many are starting to feel the grind and want to settle down. However, men have retained their traditional thoughts of courtship presented by their parents and society. These career women on the other hand haven't had any experience dealing with men and now lack the ability identify various social cues. They don't know what a man really wants- as oppose to a man that is going off traditional ways. Women are now totally ok with multi-dating and will straight up tell you in your face like "blah, I am multi-dating 5 dudes my G"... But, they are surprised to find that the man doesn't agree with his potential woman seeing other men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM

579 posts, read 432,843 times
I'm not sure I understand all of that. But I believe my experience differs.

Why do you think that career women "haven't had any experience dealing with men"?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

It's just pure facts in terms of social engagement. People don't realize that while we applaud the progress women have made in terms of equality, education, and independence, men have been following tradition since the dawn of day. Men haven't had to try to win over their independence, fight inequality, or rights to be the bread winners. Men have always been called upon to be the providers of their women and children. Now, the tables have turned in a sense.

In today's climate- women are totally ok with mult-dating (traditionally a man's game). Women now have foregone their early courtship in pursuit of their careers. But having reached their 30s, many are starting to feel the grind and want to settle down. However, men have retained their traditional thoughts of courtship presented by their parents and society. These career women on the other hand haven't had any experience dealing with men and now lack the ability identify various social cues. They don't know what a man really wants- as oppose to a man that is going off traditional ways. Women are now totally ok with multi-dating and will straight up tell you in your face like "blah, I am multi-dating 5 dudes my G"... But, they are surprised to find that the man doesn't agree with his potential woman seeing other men.
I'm not entirely sure what this says, but I think you mean that women now have all of the control and just do whatever they want all the time, whereas men used to be able to do that. I absolutely agree with this.

I also agree that women often multi-date because it's easy for them and because they can. However, I disagree that women don't know what a man wants. Dating is very easy for women. Even during their careers, they are able to attract and discard men with ease. So dating will be very easy for them.

Even so, as a society, we are taught that men are disposable and must cater to women. So women don't really need to know what a man wants to be successful anyway.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:13 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:

Tradition was often in men's favour. Women are just catching up. Career women are getting married everyday! If a man struggles with someone multi-dating then they should bring up exclusivity earlier on.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:13 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I'm not entirely sure what this says, but I think you mean that women now have all of the control and just do whatever they want all the time, whereas men used to be able to do that. I absolutely agree with this.

I also agree that women often multi-date because it's easy for them and because they can. However, I disagree that women don't know what a man wants. Dating is very easy for women. Even during their careers, they are able to attract and discard men with ease. So dating will be very easy for them.

Even so, as a society, we are taught that men are disposable and must cater to women. So women don't really need to know what a man wants to be successful anyway.
You are on the money.

But I will argue, I am in DC, the mecca of educated women, and I see it all the time. 75% of DC residents are single. Women tell me that they couldn't be where they are today if they had been married with children. This certainly goes to show that they neither have had long term relationships. Therefore, with strict pursuit of their careers, they haven't had time for men until now.

If a man hasn't dated in 10 years because he was married, he can't simply go out and be on his game first run. If you don't use it, you lose it- same for women. However, women are trying to speed things up in doing what men have been doing for years plus without having to change. We can't expect that things have changed but everything stayed the same....

Women have been graduating from college at a higher rate than men going back to the early ‘80s, and at a much higher rate than men going back to the ‘90s. These college graduation rates and gender ratios have spilled over into the post-college dating market.

The Dating Market Might Actually Be Worse For Educated Straight Women

Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
You are on the money.

But I will argue, I am in DC, the mecca of educated women, and I see it all the time. 75% of DC residents are single. Women tell me that they couldn't be where they are today if they had been married with children. This certainly goes to show that they neither have had long term relationships. Therefore, with strict pursuit of their careers, they haven't had time for men until now.
I can't personally say what things are like in DC, but I have a friend that lives there that does amazingly well with career-oriented women.

He's tall, good-looking, and has his PhD. He also has a 6 figure job. He's currently engaged and is also sleeping with multiple women on the side. He does very well with those women (however, I will note that the women he dates and sleeps with are never good-looking....he's not known for his standards lol).

Quote:
If a man hasn't dated in 10 years because he was married, he can't simply go out and be on his game first run. If you don't use it, you lose it- same for women. However, women are trying to speed things up in doing what men have been doing for years plus without having to change. We can't expect that things have changed but everything stayed the same....
I do agree with you that women want it all. From what I've seen (as an educated professional that works with many educated professional women), many women that spend their 20s chasing a career and sleeping around either do not end up having kids or are unable to by the time they hit their 30s. Unfortunately for them, biology has not caught up to sociology in "equal rights".

Quote:
Women have been graduating from college at a higher rate than men going back to the early ‘80s, and at a much higher rate than men going back to the ‘90s. These college graduation rates and gender ratios have spilled over into the post-college dating market.

Agreed. One good thing that I've found is that women are more open to giving me a shot (albeit a small one) because I'm as educated (or slightly less educated) than they are. So I can't say that I'm really opposed to this particular shift since it benefits me.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 PM

579 posts, read 432,843 times
Here in Seattle, where there are tons of tech jobs, there is a disproportionate number of single MEN. Just head over to the Seattle forum. They complain a lot about it.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
Here in Seattle, where there are tons of tech jobs, there is a disproportionate number of single MEN. Just head over to the Seattle forum. They complain a lot about it.
I hear the women in Seattle aren't exactly the cream of the crop either....lol.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:33 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
You are on the money.

Uhh just because someone focused on their career does not mean they never had time to date along the way. Some women are actually in long term relationships whilst pursuing a career. Gasp! They just might choose to have kids later on. The title of your article says "might actually be worse" implying that it's one of a few possibilities and not a foregone conclusion!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:18 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Tradition was often in men's favour. Women are just catching up. Career women are getting married everyday! If a man struggles with someone multi-dating then they should bring up exclusivity earlier on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Uhh just because someone focused on their career does not mean they never had time to date along the way. Some women are actually in long term relationships whilst pursuing a career. Gasp! They just might choose to have kids later on. The title of your article says "might actually be worse" implying that it's one of a few possibilities and not a foregone conclusion!
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships