Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:55 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I guess that is sort of a silver lining, isn't it? If I could have kept that single aspect of being shy and avoided the social, academic, and professional retardation.........well see now I'm not even being very accepting, am I? Obviously, my thoughts on this, especially at nearly 2 AM, are pretty sour.
Has your life really been so bad because of it, or did you overcome it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 01:05 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
I am in love with a married man,a nurse,a mormon guy and that's it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Now katie, you know you fall in love with everyone.....

Old 11-12-2015, 02:48 AM

348 posts, read 372,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
I am aware that many women complain about there not being any good men or are irritated by the "losers" (in their words) who approach them on a regular basis. Yet, they refuse to actually talk to the men that they like behind the guise of "it's a man's job to approach." Actually, I think it's because they themselves don't want to be rejected.

So my question is, if they KNOW that no one wants to be rejected, why do so many women write guys off for being shy with women or for "lacking confidence"? You would think that since they obviously have the same issue, they would have more sympathy and understanding, no?
Because being shy is a HUGE turnoff for most women along the lines of a lack of confidence and low masculinity. When women don't have "compassion" it's not a conscious decision - it's an autopilot response.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:07 AM

252 posts, read 187,985 times
Women are not attracted to men that lack confidence.

They're not approaching the shy guy holding the beer up to his chest like a shield because she's not attracted to that weakness.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:40 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Shyness is something that can be overcome. I was extremely shy and awkward when I was younger, in fact I never dated in high school. There were other factors for this, but the shyness was a big part of it. You just have to force yourself to be more proactive and with time it gets easier. Rejection is a part of life, whether dating, job hunting, promotion, etc. Not everyone will be compatible with you, in fact the majority won't.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:44 AM

241 posts, read 189,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I find most women distasteful but there are a few that are decent.
Looks like someone is about ready to start batting for the other team.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Women are not attracted to men that lack confidence.

They're not approaching the shy guy holding the beer up to his chest like a shield because she's not attracted to that weakness.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said. Men just need to be confident and they will have no problem getting women.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:48 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Lol, you didn't hear me the first time. Women don't approach relationships from a logical standpoint. They're not concerned about being fair, consistent, right. A woman responds to you based on how you make her feel.
Oh, please. Dating isn't logical, and no one's (female or male) romantic life is a charity. If I date someone, it's going to be because I think he's cool and fun and attractive and I want to spend time with him, not because I feel bad for him and he deserves a chance. That's not how it works for most people. It's not lacking compassion.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
no one's (female or male) romantic life is a charity. If I date someone, it's going to be because I think he's cool and fun and attractive
Agreed.

Any man who believes that women should give him a chance simply for existing will be waiting for a VERY long time. Women want men who are attractive, funny, popular, charismatic, successful, and a host of other qualities that don't involve wallowing in self-pity 24/7.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, please. Dating isn't logical, and no one's (female or male) romantic life is a charity. If I date someone, it's going to be because I think he's cool and fun and attractive and I want to spend time with him, not because I feel bad for him and he deserves a chance. That's not how it works for most people. It's not lacking compassion.
I like the underlined, and came to post something similar. Without trying to sound antagonistic, my answer to the OP's question is, "why should they"? Since we're speaking logically, what motivation does a woman have to "give a shy guy a chance" when there are plenty of other guys willing to pick up the slack?

It's not just the case with shy vs. not shy, this applies to anything one looks for in a relationship. If what you want is readily available, there's no need for you to put additional effort in to finding more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships