Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 AM

8 posts, read 14,336 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry for the rant but I had a lot to say and I didn't make every point but this is as complete and I could make it but I tried.

My husband and I just got married recently. We are both kind of young. I'm 22 and he's 25. We are so happy with each other, anyone would say we are a match make in heaven. But when my husband was 18 he got married and had a kid.

I will be the first one to admit I don't like kids. So I never interacted much with his kid. We realized fairly early that there was just no way I was going to get along with his ex wife and kid. When he asked me to marry him we knew this came with a huge decision on what to do about his kid.

My husband being tied down to the city because of a kid and me wanting to travel the world and teach wasn't going to work. In the end he is going to sign over all parental right to his ex wife and wont be paying child support. (Ex wife agreed to this condition on account they don't get along and been trying to find a new father figure for his son anyways and has been yelling at him to abandon his son for years)

I know his family hates me just for marrying him and having a simple dislike for kids. They say "I will always be nothing" and " nothing I ever do will be as good as his first son." (I just stay away from the whole situation. But I did try to get along with the kid in the beginning) My husbands family will most likely disown us when he signs the papers. I have been told over and over again that I'm evil. As much as this is not ideal I don't think I deserved to told I'm nothing the day before my wedding and continuously reminded nothing I ever do will be good enough.

Not many people know the feeling of being hated so much for loving someone. I want nothing more then to make my husband happy and so far I have been doing a great job. But I also know my faults and would rather admit them then hide them. I did not force my husband into the decision he made. I said I would walk away at anytime if his son would make him more happy.

I know everyone says put the kids first. But in a first marriage no one wants to be put on the back burner right off the bat. A first marriage isn't supposed to be so soul crushing.

I in no way regret the outcome of this situation and our decisions.(other then maybe my in-laws hating me with a passion) But I would like to hear other peoples opinions on this situation. Am i evil for loving someone who has a kid but also wanting to like my life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
How sad for this poor child...

So he's going to sign away his kid to please you, because that's what it's about, no?

You don't want kids, you Hate them, you said it yourself...

You knew he had a child, before you married him. Yet you married him anyway...

Quote:
I know everyone says put the kids first. But in a first marriage no one wants to be put on the back burner right off the bat. A first marriage isn't supposed to be so soul crushing.
A Child isn't a Throwaway...........

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 AM

I want kids of my own. My own family.
And yes I married him. I can't say I'm sorry for loving my husband. And I said I would walk away if that's what he wanted.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi275 View Post
Am i evil for loving someone who has a kid but also wanting to like my life?
Love ? Hmmm..............

Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 AM

Seems like everything is about YOU..

You want Your Own Kids - considering you said in your OP you HATE Kids

You want to travel the world..You want to Teach....

It's all about You, You, You...

He's given up everything for You...

It's his decision - It's HIS child... So why would you regret it. I bet your dancing in your boots.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 AM

It is my post and my feelings so ya its a little about me. I won't deny it. I think this is a difficult situation and I know my opinions and feelings are a more or less rejected social norm.

But I have also extensively talked it over and continually talk about it with my husband. I don't want him to do anything he'll regret or hate me for. He had said he would like the chance to start everything from the beginning and do it right.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
His kid should be the #1 priority in his life. You should walk away and do it now.

Shame his Ex and you are making him not be involved with the kid. I'd bet someday he will be your Ex also.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 AM

Well if the Hubby is willing to give up the son, because of the OP, he's a loser...

They both deserve one another....

This poor child - They're going to ask Their Mommy: Why didn't daddy love me"?

The mom is going to say "Because your stepmom didn't like kids and wanted to travel the world and do teaching...

So pathetic & sickening....

Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
The child is only 4-5 years old? Imagine if your stepdaughter was 15 or 18, with an attitude. Or 22 with the "it's all about me" attitude. Step-parenting is not for the faint of heart. A mature woman would know she'd have to be a second fiddle when it concerns his husband and his kids. Not everyone can do such sacrifice. And nothing wrong with admitting you are not cut out to be a stepmother. But on the grand scheme of things, the parent-child relationship is above this parent's second/third/etc. marriages.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
This is the most self centered situation I've read in here for a while. In fact, given the whole situation it's downright pathetic. You're not evil, just self centered. Too self centered to ever call what you are doing as love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships