Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:30 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times

Advertisements

Just curious. Or say "I Love You" to the woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 03:17 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
in ur in a FWB situation, the guy probably doesn't like u enough to make u his gf to begin with. Harsh but true

Old 11-12-2015, 03:37 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
in ur in a FWB situation, the guy probably doesn't like u enough to make u his gf to begin with. Harsh but true
Agreed with this. FWB is someone you like, respect, and can be genuine friends with. But for whatever reasons, you don't see them as a potential romantic partner. I have heard some guys stating they only do casual relations with women they don't see as girlfriend material.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
This happened to me! The first time I tried FWB. Ugh. I met the guy. We went out, he was like I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I was like, well that is what I want right now. It turned out I was too busy for one. He reached out, we went out again. He basically started talking about wanting a relationship. I told him he was a bad fit for me. (And he was) I was open to hanging out with him as we had amazing chemistry. He agreed to my terms.

He also lived in a geographically inconvenient location. He was a not very frequent companion. At some point I was too busy for him and did not return his requests to meet up.

Then he reached out after 6 months to hang out. At that moment I was available enough to be open to meeting up. We did actually hang out in a true "friend" situation. So sometimes we went out to eat and the like. We ended up meeting for 2 weeks in a row, and that was the downfall. On that second weekend he told me he loved me, wanted to move to my city so we could be closer, hang out every weekend, I was perfect for him blah blah blah.

I ended it with him then. It wasn't going to work because he wanted different things. It was very strange to me as we found out early on we didn't have compatible goals but over time he kept wanting to make it work.

I realized then FWB was not for me. Too complicated.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:06 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
I love them as a friend. In rare cases, perhaps it could be more, but then it's no longer FWB, is it? So far, all my FWB situations have been mutually agreeable and beneficial, with no disparities in hopes and expectations.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:41 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Yeah, in one case, I did in fact love a FWB. We were friends a little over a year and she got a job offer in another state. I missed her for a while.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post

Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I loved them as a friend and they are still my platonic friends after I got married. I was never one to enjoy casual relations but I always loved my time with my close friends/FWB. I'd go above and beyond for them if necessary. I would also never consider them for a FWB if it meant a risk to our friendship.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:48 PM

299 posts, read 316,488 times
I'm not a man but I'll reply anyway. Nothing is written in the stone. Some married couples started off as FWB. Sometimes people become fck buddies and develop emotional bond even if they didn't plan to.

Years ago I met this guy who I thought was awesome, we started having sex and I really really wanted to be with him, he didn't want to date me though. Eventually I broke things off as I didn't want to get hurt but we remained friends and in some weird way became like really good friends.

Recently he told me he has made a mistake and would love to have me as his gf. Too bad in the meantime I've gone off him and now see him as a friend only. Sometimes people are so scared of commitment they let a really good thing pass them by.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:55 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Absolutely not.

If I did, she would be girlfriend... or wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships