Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times

Advertisements

Bottom line, OP, is that your wife doesn't trust you. It really does not matter if other women are interested in you, flirting, or more aggressively coming on to you, if you are ignoring it, not responding, or not even aware of it. If YOU do not respond, whatever THEY want or do does not matter. You wife either does not trust you, or is very insecure about your love for her. The latter may be something you can work on, if true - even if it's irrational. If she doesn't trust you - and has no good reason for that - then her (and your) problem is a lot deeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 09:29 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,808 times
@Taoistdude. That would make sense if she acted consistently like that. She doesn't. Most times when we socialize, I can chat it up with anyone (and vice versa with her) and it's not a problem. But like I said-it was these two instances that really, really got under her skin. And that was what prompted this discussion. Why did she not like me talking with just ONE co-worker-at the table? Why did she not like me talking with just that one gal? Again, let me remind you. When we were at the party, there was one woman (tall late 20's/early 30's blonde who was very attractive) who joined me for a beer and a smoke over in the 'smokers corner' at the party. Wife couldn't care less about that one. But that one gal really bothered her.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Tell her your radar is broken and if you guys are out for her to let you know which one you shouldn't be talking to and you will make sure it doesn't happen.

There. It's on her now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
Yes, women can usually tell, OP.

I don't know about your company Xmas party example, but I think you crossed a boundary with the second example with the teen, even if you truly didn't realize it. I suspect that a lot women would have had an issue with that kind of situation, including those who aren't particularly territorial.

When interacting with other women or teenage girls, particularly those you've just met...I suggest you learn the art of smoothly injecting your marital status into the natural flow of the conversation, even if it was about sports or beer or a movie or whatever. Do it properly, and it won't feel forced, but the woman will likely still get the hint.

That said, the way your wife is reacting to these incidents (the FB stuff, etc), especially for weeks and months afterwards, is concerning. She seems very insecure. I think you two need to communicate...perhaps she can give you a better idea of how to avoid crossing this boundary in the future.

And BTW, most men can usually tell if another guy is interested in their GF or wife. Men ain't perfect with this "sixth sense" stuff, but we aren't as dense as you are portraying.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:45 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Yes, women do know and have a sixth sense.
No they just think they know. It's a 50/50 shot. I deal with lots of jealous women and I never want their men. I find their behavior exhausting. Just because a woman can have a conversation with a man, does not mean she is attracted to and wants him.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:53 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No they just think they know. It's a 50/50 shot. I deal with lots of jealous women and I never want their men. I find their behavior exhausting. Just because a woman can have a conversation with a man, does not mean she is attracted to and wants him.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't you have a respiration for dealing with sketchy men and you live in a small town?

Old 11-15-2015, 05:56 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't you have a respiration for dealing with sketchy men and you live in a small town?
I live in a town of 2000. Of course there are surrounding towns, but I have always lived in the same area yes. Yes I have dated some guys that have been in prison, but I knew them long before they went. But that has nothing to do with jealous women.

Dating a good guy now!

Old 11-16-2015, 01:51 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Well, most women have very sensitive feelers when it comes to their men and other women around him lol. So yes, even if the situation isn't obvious at all we can smell a rat from miles away, but to react to it or not is another story.

Also, women can sense what type appeals to their men and whether these women are "potentially unsafe". Your wife got upset in those two cases and not others because she saw them as "unsafe" and "potentially" your type. Note that "your type" doesn't mean that they have to be very attractive, which explains why she is "inconsistent". She's not buying whether you're interested in them or not, but potentially what it could be.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 PM

483 posts, read 691,700 times
OP, is it possible you lit up a little extra around this teen girl and didn't notice? I believe you that you weren't actively interested in this girl, because I've never had feelings for teen boys even when I was a teen girl - they always looked like unbaked lumps of dough to me - but I think it is a universal perception problem, that some men (and women!) have been trained to think that 'younger is always better', and 'age is no deterrent if she is nubile and hot'.

That said, it's your wife's issue, as I don't know how many times you can say "I consider underage girls a strictly hands-off proposition". Maybe you should try asking her "I feel like this can't possibly be the real problem; what is really bothering you about these women?" Maybe she's thinking you think you wish she were more interested in sound equipment, or how much you would have enjoyed meeting a teen like this one when you were age appropriate.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Yes, women do know and have a sixth sense.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
And men are generally clueless lol.
because many times, they think with the smaller head. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships