Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Sending her alternating funny texts with sweet ones.
I second this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:31 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Something is amiss. I think, deep in your gut you can feel it, ergo, this thread.

Once every two weeks doesn't sound like she has time (or interested) in a quality relationship.

It's your BBQ, do as you will. Good luck, great hooplah.
I made this thread because I would like to see this go somewhere.

She is definitely interested and shes reassured me in this regard. I just see something here with potential that I want to pursue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, but you should be honest with yourself.

Don't text her all day long. You are already placing WAY too much importance on this woman and the potential, when the reality doesn't look very promising.

Be encouraged, but be realistic.
I am not texting her all day long she keeps the conversation going she is always the one with the last text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It wasn't hard to commit to seeing each other. Then again we really clicked in a lot of ways: it's uncanny how much we are alike as far as interests, values, opinions, etc go. There was just something "different" and "familiar" if you know what I mean and things moved quickly like we'd always known each other. If we didn't have that, it might not have lasted because it was a lot of effort to see each other early on.
Mind if I shoot you a PM if this gets rolling? Might need ongoing advice in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I second this!
What type of sweet messages?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
What type of sweet messages?
I don't know. If the weather's nice - maybe just something like - Hope you get the chance to enjoy some of this beautiful day! Or - Hope you get to put your feet up today! Or - Oreos or Twix? (The correct answer is both). I don't know - just anything lighthearted just to show you are thinking of her.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:05 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Not sure how old either of you are, but I only get to see my SO once a week or sometimes once every two weeks (and then we get a whole weekend together). It's hit an miss due to both of our schedules.

We call more so than text (although we text too). We are both over 40 so texting doesn't hold an appeal fro "real" communication so much as jokes, checking in with each other (like good morning texts), etc. In fact, we call every night, but we are beyond the first date thing, so I wouldn't overdo it too early on. Along with that, we Facetime. Another thing we do are "short" dates just to see each other. Usually lunch together.
Like, TMBG, I dated a guy a few years back that I typically only saw once a week, and on occasion we did overnights. The lack of frequency wasn't an issue since we had our own things going on and he lived 45-60 minutes away. We communicated regularly, usually through texts, but found other ways to stay connected while we were apart. We're both gamers, so gaming together was one of the ways we stayed connected and engaged. We also did movie nights where we did synchronized movie-watching, which was always really fun. We Skyped on occasion as well. This went on for 9+ months.

I've also been in LDR and made it work no problem. With my husband, whom I also met via OLD (as well as other SOs), I was in the process of moving near his area when we started talking. I still lived in So Cal and was due to move in a few weeks. We texted throughout the day, everyday, from the time we started talking, and Skyped nightly within the few days of talking. And after I moved to Nor Cal we still lived just over an hour apart and saw each other 1-2 times a week. When we didn't see each other we texted, talked on the phone, and Skyped.

P.S., TMBG, I wouldn't have guessed you're in your 40s. I kept thinking late 20s or early 30s, likely because you don't come across bitter and angry like some of the other late 30s+ men that frequent CD-R.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't know. If the weather's nice - maybe just something like - Hope you get the chance to enjoy some of this beautiful day! Or - Hope you get to put your feet up today! Or - Oreos or Twix? (The correct answer is both). I don't know - just anything lighthearted just to show you are thinking of her.
Ah I see!

Yeah, I am really cognizant of the position shes in I've prolonged the next dates time because I wanted her to rest a bit. Otherwise I could have seen her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Like, TMBG, I dated a guy a few years back that I typically only saw once a week, and on occasion we did overnights. The lack of frequency wasn't an issue since we had our own things going on and he lived 45-60 minutes away. We communicated regularly, usually through texts, but found other ways to stay connected while we were apart. We're both gamers, so gaming together was one of the ways we stayed connected and engaged. We also did movie nights where we did synchronized movie-watching, which was always really fun. We Skyped on occasion as well. This went on for 9+ months.

I've also been in LDR and made it work no problem. With my husband, whom I also met via OLD (as well as other SOs), I was in the process of moving near his area when we started talking. I still lived in So Cal and was due to move in a few weeks. We texted throughout the day, everyday, from the time we started talking, and Skyped nightly within the few days of talking. And after I moved to Nor Cal we still lived just over an hour apart and saw each other 1-2 times a week. When we didn't see each other we texted, talked on the phone, and Skyped.

P.S., TMBG, I wouldn't have guessed you're in your 40s. I kept thinking late 20s or early 30s, likely because you don't come across bitter and angry like some of the other late 30s+ men that frequent CD-R.
What sort of texts did you send? She lives closer so if she has free time we can spend it in person. I think she will make a little bit more time as we start getting more involved with each other. I'll definitely suggest grabbing a quick bite to eat here and there so it won't be so bad. Did you feel like you could build a connection in that environment?

Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM

I just reread some of her texts to me and honestly I am in good shape. It's just me...I need to get my **** together.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,497 times
Great Hoopla,

Little did you know that I would find this thread!!

You are paranoid! Listen to me on CD if you won't in real life. Lighthearted texts are the way to go.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Great Hoopla,

Little did you know that I would find this thread!!

You are paranoid! Listen to me on CD if you won't in real life. Lighthearted texts are the way to go.
Oh queen of CD! I did not mean to hide from you. You are my chief adviser in life and you know that!

I ought to pay you a salary for what you put up with from me.

UPDATE: Things are going real swell right now and I am definitely seeing her see this as something possible now.

For the right girl I am okay with doing almost anything. Not sure if shes the right one for me yet off course but that's how I am viewing the scheduling conflicts. Why would I want to miss out on an opportunity on a girl that's been awesome so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships