Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:28 PM

220 posts, read 174,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So you ignoring her makes you feel better? Do you seriously believe this action is going to hurt her or the satisfaction you get from ignoring her is going to be long lived?
You should have blocked her from the moment of break up, revenge is never good, especially when you are the only one who knows about it.
Ignoring her does make me feel better. Post-breakup I still couldn't come to terms with the fact that she treated me poorly when I did noting but show her affection.

After all these realizations I finally understood that I could get somebody better. I'm not trying to punish her, I could care less what she is doing right now and what she is thinking. I would never take her back and it's a great feeling, especially considering how irrational I was early in the breakup.

It's just a great feeling having moved on and not succumbing to her level with personal attacks and accusations. I've deleted every shred of contact info I have on this girl. I hope she can be happy with this new guy, as they are similar types of people.

I feel like I reached the tipping point and rediscovered myself as an individual, and I know that I will never lie or disrespect any future partners that I may have.

I'm taking all the steps to move on healthily and they are finally starting to pay off. I've made new friends, do new things, go on trips all the time now and so on. While I'm having a blast she gets to stay stuck in a relationship with someone just like her. I'm not seeking revenge against her, I'm empowering myself, for myself, without her.

She's fading away as a distant memory and it feels tremendous being out of the post-breakup depression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Love isnt about winning.
I'm not trying to compare myself with her. I'm just excited that I've been blessed with the opportunity to find someone more compatible with me, who won't lie to me or disrespect me.

I'm starting to relish being single. I can play the field again and not be tied down with dates, meet-ups...etc

Before I was with her it was my early college years. At the time I was in a fraternity and had a blast meeting so many new women every week. What I was doing wasting time with her I'll never know.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:33 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
When someone you love hurts you, you shouldn't want to hurt them back. You should try to understand why they did what they did to gain some perspective and grow.

I know you're hurting though, so I see where you're coming from. I was there too when my first love broke my heart almost 30 years ago. We were together for just over 2 years too and she's still with the dude that she dumped me for. It still stings ever so slightly if I allow myself to dwell on it. Today is actually her 50th birthday (I was younger) and I thought about contacting her to say hi and wish her well. Not today, though. Perhaps another day.

You'll find someone and be happy again. Happier, even. That's a fact. It took me a year to meet my real soulmate and life partner.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
You haven't gotten over her. Far from it. You will only begin to start getting over her when you have zero contact with her (that means her contacting you also) and can stop talking about her. From then you will have a minimum of 6 months.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
I'm not trying to compare myself with her. I'm just excited that I've been blessed with the opportunity to find someone more compatible with me, who won't lie to me or disrespect me.
What you are doing is comparing the potential next girl to her.

Do yourself and the next girl a favor. Don't even think about getting with someone else until you can stop thinking like this.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You haven't gotten over her. Far from it. You will only begin to start getting over her when you have zero contact with her (that means her contacting you also) and can stop talking about her. From then you will have a minimum of 6 months.
At least I have made tremendous progress. I don't miss her and I don't want to be with her. I'm not trying to hurt her as well, I'm just not responding to her and she has no way of contacting me anymore.

I don't think it's going to be another six months, especially now that I know she isn't what I thought she was.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What you are doing is comparing the potential next girl to her.

Do yourself and the next girl a favor. Don't even think about getting with someone else until you can stop thinking like this.
All I'm saying is that when I do find another girl, I hope she doesn't do the same thing to me again. I think I'm ready to start meeting new girls anyways. If she can move on to someone in a day than I don't see why I can't in 2.5 months.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 PM

I posted this not because I was still thinking about her, but because I'd believed that I made a few great steps. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people on this forum who have seen my last posts would think I would have made no progress anytime soon.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:09 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,277,311 times
Don't worry about finding someone.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
All I'm saying is that when I do find another girl, I hope she doesn't do the same thing to me again. I think I'm ready to start meeting new girls anyways. If she can move on to someone in a day than I don't see why I can't in 2.5 months.

See how you are still comparing yourself to your ex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships