Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 03:28 PM

220 posts, read 174,684 times

Advertisements

If you've read any of my other posts than you would probably know that I was heartbroken and still obsessed with my ex. We dated for two years and she had an emotional affair at the very least and dated him immediately after. When I found out about the real reason's, and not the lies she told me I was torn up. I emailed her to let her know that I knew and wished her a happy life. Fast forward and she responded.

For some reason she blamed me and went on the attack, accusing me of things I never did. Basically fishing for an apology for thigs I never did. At that very second I lost any respect and feelings I had for her. It clicked and somehow in an instant I move on.

Not responding is the icing on the cake for me. I get to move forward innocent with my head held high while she has to deal with how she treated me and her transgressions. Not owning up to her actions really helped me gain perspective and made me excited to be single and ready to meet someone better.

I'm in such a better place than I was a month ago, and to everyone else who is heartbroken, it does get better. Just give it time and don't contact them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:45 PM

906 posts, read 712,666 times
Love isnt about winning.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:05 PM

565 posts, read 432,996 times
Good. Now you can block her and never spend another second of your life thinking about the cheater.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:25 PM

238 posts, read 222,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
If you've read any of my other posts than you would probably know that I was heartbroken and still obsessed with my ex. We dated for two years and she had an emotional affair at the very least and dated him immediately after. When I found out about the real reason's, and not the lies she told me I was torn up. I emailed her to let her know that I knew and wished her a happy life. Fast forward and she responded.

For some reason she blamed me and went on the attack, accusing me of things I never did. Basically fishing for an apology for thigs I never did. At that very second I lost any respect and feelings I had for her. It clicked and somehow in an instant I move on.

Not responding is the icing on the cake for me. I get to move forward innocent with my head held high while she has to deal with how she treated me and her transgressions. Not owning up to her actions really helped me gain perspective and made me excited to be single and ready to meet someone better.

I'm in such a better place than I was a month ago, and to everyone else who is heartbroken, it does get better. Just give it time and don't contact them.

I broke up with my ex a few months ago. I won't go into anything specific. But she lied too. She was also a narcissist. I moved on. She tried to contact me four times since then. I ignored all of her calls. I still care about her to some degree, but it would have never worked. You can't make it work with a narcissist. It's all about them. I took the high road and beyond calling her what she is, I never tore her apart. I met someone in church a month ago. We were always starring at each other. Last weekend, I asked her out and she agreed. We spent two nights straight together. We aren't "together" officially, but we have a lot of chemistry and have the same wants in life. So far, so good. But I am skeptical by nature, so that's all I'll say at this point.

It's best to move on regardless of how you feel if you know deep down that it would never work. Otherwise, you are just beating your head against the wall time and time again. I don't know if this new person will work out, but I'm sure it will help me heal. As selfish as that may sound. I'm already and have been thinking of her (the new girl). You know, the "what if's" in the mind.

Your ex doesn't sound good and I think that you should keep your distance and stay the course. Some people are complete soul suckers. However, you have to take part for them to suck your soul out. I should have left my ex sooner. We were together a few years, and I did love her. But her constant lies and complete narcissism took too much from me. A bad relationship if your honest with yourself will suck the life out of you. Can be more draining than anything in life. I have no idea what my ex is doing, and personally I don't care. That's a pretty good sign in my book.

Smart move on your part and good luck.

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 11-16-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 04:26 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Yea, an ex would have no way of even getting hold of me electronically after a breakup.

Folks, if you really want to truly move on...eliminate all contact whatsoever; you will feel empowered.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:38 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,976 times
As said in "Frozen"....LET IT GO

Old 11-16-2015, 04:44 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
That "empowerment high" is temporary. Continue healing in a positive manner if you don't wanna be on your knees again before the month is over..lol. Good luck man!

Old 11-16-2015, 04:46 PM

238 posts, read 222,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That "empowerment high" is temporary. Continue healing in a positive manner if you don't wanna be on your knees again before the month is over..lol. Good luck man!
Agree. That's why you have to truly move on for your own sake. Not to hurt her or to get back at her. If you feel the relationship would never work, then truly take the right steps to move on period. Not to get back, and certainly not to punish.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post

So you ignoring her makes you feel better? Do you seriously believe this action is going to hurt her or the satisfaction you get from ignoring her is going to be long lived?
You should have blocked her from the moment of break up, revenge is never good, especially when you are the only one who knows about it.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yea, an ex would have no way of even getting hold of me electronically after a breakup.

Folks, if you really want to truly move on...eliminate all contact whatsoever; you will feel empowered.
Exactly. It is much easier that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships