Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:45 AM

199 posts, read 294,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yes but for some people building a connection takes a while and if it's the connection they need before they have sex then chances are if it is taking a while to build the connection they want then that means more time waiting until they have sex. Now obviously this isn't a prerequisite for everyone, and a lot of people have sex without it but for some it is important.
But i think most people hate it when someone in the relationship puts a timeline on sex i think it makes someone want to get laid from someone else if they are not getting some?

Last edited by Haeley_Ramirez; 11-17-2015 at 11:00 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 10:47 AM

565 posts, read 432,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
In my opinion
It really depends on the woman you meet.
When I was single and casually dating, I don't even remember an instance where a woman had an issue with sleeping with me the first evening we met. And its not as if I had to try much at all. I'm sure that's possible, just rare in my experience.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
I guess it depends on the scenario. Like if my husband died, I can't imagine that getting laid would be on my radar for quite some time. But for the sake of discussion, I suppose I'd start to get twitchy after a couple of months. If for no other reason than for the physical contact that you don't get when going solo.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
But i think most people hate it when someone in the relationship puts a timeline on sex i think it makes someone want to get laid from someone else if they are not getting someone?
I think the timeline things works both ways. Putting a timeline when you have to wait and a timeline when you have to have sex can ruin things.

I tend to be ready before anyone I've ever dated, so I just wait until we are both ready and it feels natural. The timelines vary by individual, it's just when both are comfortable really. No one putting pressure on one person to do things sooner or another making someone artificially wait. No game playing either way (and don't mistake it, making someone wait or putting "must put out by X number of dates are both the techniques of those who play games or see dating as a game with winners and losers).

Then again, I also tend to date those who end up in LTR/Committed relationships with me (really good and fun relationships too... and I like that). I like that comfort of a "friend and lover" and find it worth waiting for. I seem to meet quality people that way (well, with the exception of one who used me until someone with more money came along, but nothing is perfect I suppose and there is an element of risk to any trusting relationship).

Old 11-17-2015, 10:54 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
I can only speak for myself but I never have sex with a man that I haven't known for a while. No man has ever gotten sex from me between dates 1-4. Ironically they always end up believing I dislike them or that I'm not attracted to them because I won't sleep with them. This prevents many potential relationships from moving forward because when they feel like I'm waiting too long they start seeking it from girls that will put out faster. Not a problem with me-to each their own. If a man cannot respect that I do not want to have sex with him after we've only been on a few dates then he can feel free to move on. I sleep fine at night and do not feel like I've missed out on anything because to me 3-4 dates is still someone I don't know very well, so I can't mourn that loss.

As much as I crave the "d" and feel strong attraction to the man in question I've never felt compelled to have sex with a man on the first few dates... I just don't. It's hard to explain but I need to know you before I let you in, if that makes sense. I've never had sex with a man I didn't know very well so I have no idea what that's like or if it's good. Some of my friends have and they all have had mixtures of good and bad experiences. It's a toss up it seems.
The same could probably be said for waiting but it's what I feel comfortable with for many reasons that are important to me.

The kicker is this: nearly every man I meet assumes I'm a freak that's been with a good amount of men and I have not at all. They do not believe me when I lay out the condition of when I have sex. I've been told I give off a vibe. In any case once it becomes clear that I've stuck with what I've said they still only believe that I am either not attracted to them or that I didn't make other guys wait but made them wait even though my sex partner count is so low that ugh nvm. I find it strange that men always assume that if a woman isn't interested in having sex right away that she isn't interested or is only making that man wait and didn't make others wait. Thankfully there are men that are open minded enough to understand that for some women building emotional intimacy is important before sex so they focus on that and wait before pressuring her into sex. These men are becoming rare though.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:57 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
If I'm in a relationship with a woman, if she does not put out in 3-4 months, safe to say she ain't interested in sex with me and I end the relationship.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 AM

199 posts, read 294,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If I'm in a relationship with a woman, if she does not put out in 3-4 months, safe to say she ain't interested in sex with me and I end the relationship.
3 weeks to 2 months max
Here

Old 11-17-2015, 11:02 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,428 times
It depends. I've met men with whom I felt immediate chemistry and sexed quickly (within 1 to 2 months). Others, I waited because something felt "off" about them and I didn't feel comfortable. I need to feel a connection in order to have sex with him.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:02 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

3-4 mos???

That isn't dating. That's hanging out with a buddy.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:05 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Months? If I was seeing someone and there was genuine chemistry sex was happening within one to three dates, usually within the first few weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships