Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 06:24 AM

1,082 posts, read 829,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
"He who quotes the bible while cussing and ripping the majority of the posters in the same thread, has a soul filled with his own troubles." The Book of Spartanacus 11:20
Oh dang, ya got me

Old 11-21-2015, 06:51 AM

6,334 posts, read 4,836,145 times
Do you have a hand held shower attachment? Maybe that's what she's doing in there.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:05 PM

61 posts, read 79,926 times
In order for me to assist you with your thread problem, i'm going to need some resources and evidence, such as videos of your girlfriend showering to get the most accurate diagnoses to your solution.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
My girlfriend has many wonderful qualities and I love her. But being that we are in a drought, I find her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer, pretty unconscionable. Last night after another one of her marathon showers, I said you know we have a severe drought. 45 minutes is too long. And while I take 5 min showers, I do realize women have more to do in there. She said "I'll shower as long as I want." And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."

Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent, since I earn much more than her. I was really put off by her comment. I don't like to find arguments but I'm really turned off by her selfishness in this regard. It makes me wonder if she even knows how bad a drought we have? Not that her actions alone are using up all our water, but it's still not right in my opinion.

By the way, we're both in out 40s.
Thoughts?
Something tells me she's doing a great deal more in the shower besides showering.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:15 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,110,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
This is too funny. She is almost certainly doing something pleasurable that she would rather not talk about (but that the rest of us would love to see a video of), so she is getting defensive. Why don't you guys figure out how she can "relax" without bankrupting you and running down the water supply for the rest of us?
Actually I wasn't going to bring this up but since there are so much talk about her doing sexual "stuff" in the shower.... Another possibility is that she's been sexually assaulted in the past. Seriously, one thing women have done after such situations is take excessive showers.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,381,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
My girlfriend has many wonderful qualities and I love her. But being that we are in a drought, I find her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer, pretty unconscionable. Last night after another one of her marathon showers, I said you know we have a severe drought. 45 minutes is too long. And while I take 5 min showers, I do realize women have more to do in there. She said "I'll shower as long as I want." And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."

Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent, since I earn much more than her. I was really put off by her comment. I don't like to find arguments but I'm really turned off by her selfishness in this regard. It makes me wonder if she even knows how bad a drought we have? Not that her actions alone are using up all our water, but it's still not right in my opinion.

By the way, we're both in out 40s.
Thoughts?
Dude WHY are you sitting here complaining instead of reminding her were in a drought and in order to conserve water you shower together. What's the matter with you?

But here is a thought. Go outside and shut off the main. Then go back later and turn it on. Do it randomly just to make her mad like a wet hen. Hopefully you get her mid shampoo, mid soap or Mid rinse. Do it. Do it.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,381,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
This thread is useless without a video.

Or at least a blurry iPhone pic,

Old 11-22-2015, 12:41 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,018,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Actually I wasn't going to bring this up but since there are so much talk about her doing sexual "stuff" in the shower.... Another possibility is that she's been sexually assaulted in the past. Seriously, one thing women have done after such situations is take excessive showers.
Yeah, my first thought was some sort of psychological issue, for reals.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,383,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Whoa......

Not for nothing but didn't you feel gross ?

I am friends with someone who is in his 50's and he's got no idea about hygiene. He brushes his teeth once a day never flosses doesn't wash clothes for weeks at a time and doesn't care if his house is dirty.

He is a peace neck from San Francisco.

I shower twice a ***day
Brush my teeth 3 times per day/ Floss at night
Change underwear and socks everyday
Cologne twice a day (after shower)
Deodorant twice a day
Talc powder on privates and feet twice a day.
Mouthwash at night before I hop into bed.

The ladies down in Tijuana tell me " Hueles Muy Bien Mi Amor , No Como Los Otros Hombres Que Apestan De Mal Olor "

Just so you know, ladies don't really like talc powder on your privates. Just saying.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:39 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
Get rid of the detachable shower head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships