Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,989 times

Advertisements

As opposed to your post on dating women who are too educated and independent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM

238 posts, read 222,794 times
I don't know what's wrong with this site, because I have only been on it for a short time. I've never heard of it, until I was looking for advice on an issue. I will say that it is enforced unfairly from what I can see. Some posters are always rude and never seem to get in trouble. Some, do one post and are banned. It's a joke from that respect.

I once made a post and almost everyone was rude to me. So, I just kindly gave it back and then was warned and given an infraction. I was like, "really", and their not being rude?" This site censors far too much. I also think that there's like a "women's crew" who flock to be rude to many male posters without disregard and with impunity. Never a fraction, never a warning. It's as if they are saying, it's ok, they are part of a "crew." A crew of what, who knows-mean spirited angry people perhaps?

I really don't care, because at the end of the day, I will speak my mind. The united states if free for that, but this site isn't? I am however, not afraid to get banned, because this site does not mean that much to me. So, you really can't censor me, nor scare me. You can ban me. Which I am sure will come sooner than later, because I refuse to get in line like a cow.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:48 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
As I've only joined up 3 months ago this is the normal for me

I think from a pure entertainment point of view there have been some classic threads , however I have been dumbfounded with the lack of common sense of a few people, as well the lack of communication.

The relationship forum I think is quality regardless of trolls stirring the pot as again it does wonders for the entertainment industry

Old 11-19-2015, 10:48 AM

565 posts, read 432,774 times
I think a lot of good posters got banned, because their opinions didn't align with what is acceptable or their opinions bothered some of the more PC crowd. So what you end up with, is bunch of PC posters that are patting each other on the back and agreeing on all topics. God forbid someone got upset because you hold an opinion different from theirs.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
I think a lot of good posters got banned, because their opinions didn't align with what is acceptable or their opinions bothered some of the more PC crowd. So what you end up with, is bunch of PC posters that are patting each other on the back and agreeing on all topics. God forbid someone got upset because you hold an opinion different from theirs.

Exactly what I see. Like some creepy cult. I thought American was free. This site sure isn't. People get banned for nothing from what I see. You would think that they want "more" People, not less. It would only make sense. I will refrain from being rude or personal attacks, but I will always be honest from what I see. If that warrants a ban, so be it.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:59 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
you say that but there are disagreements on pretty much EVERY thread and more often than not between a few regulars,

Off the top of my head I can only think of one long term poster that good banned, I only liked him as I loved winding him up!!! but he was the biggest nightmare going!!

( our " favourite " from Northern Ireland if your wondering who )

Old 11-19-2015, 11:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
Exactly what I see. Like some creepy cult. I thought American was free. This site sure isn't. People get banned for nothing from what I see. You would think that they want "more" People, not less. It would only make sense. I will refrain from being rude or personal attacks, but I will always be honest from what I see. If that warrants a ban, so be it.
This site is a privately owned product meant for public use and is not government run therefore it is allowed to enforce any policies and procedures it wants to.

Your right to free speech protects you from being censored by the government. It does not protect you if you are in a privately owned establishment or are using a privately owned web site like this one. If they don't like what they say they have the right to censor you because it's their website/establishment.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This site is a privately owned product meant for public use and is not government run therefore it is allowed to enforce any policies and procedures it wants to.

Your right to free speech protects you from being censored by the government. It does not protect you if you are in a privately owned establishment or are using a privately owned web site like this one. If they don't like what they say they have the right to censor you because it's their website/establishment.

I guess you told me! I could have saved you all of that. I'm not dumb, and I know how things are run. I also know the difference between country and cooperation's. But thank you anyways.

The contradiction was that this is a country of "free speech" and that this is a medium from which we express that, yet aren't given that right to freely.

Last edited by johnnyb1980; 11-19-2015 at 11:25 AM..

Old 11-19-2015, 11:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
I don't know what's wrong with this site, because I have only been on it for a short time. I've never heard of it, until I was looking for advice on an issue. I will say that it is enforced unfairly from what I can see. Some posters are always rude and never seem to get in trouble. Some, do one post and are banned. It's a joke from that respect.

I once made a post and almost everyone was rude to me. So, I just kindly gave it back and then was warned and given an infraction. I was like, "really", and their not being rude?" This site censors far too much. I also think that there's like a "women's crew" who flock to be rude to many male posters without disregard and with impunity. Never a fraction, never a warning. It's as if they are saying, it's ok, they are part of a "crew." A crew of what, who knows-mean spirited angry people perhaps?
You will never see who has an infraction or warning and who does not. All you might see is a status line of "Not a member," and even that can be only temporary.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Most people come looking for what they want to hear and get upset when they do not receive it or receive it in the way they wanted to hear it....or for that matter in a way they can understand.

Some take things way too personally because they cannot disassociate themsleves from the issues they face and want input on.

Like someone will say in regards to something someone is contemplating doing "don't do that that is stupid" and the person asking for input will become offended and take the a huge left turn in order to defend what they just felt was an attack.

That is a stupid vs you are stupid.

These are not the same things, but God be damned whatever the thread was about is now about how offended that person feels and will turn in to defending their position for however long the thread stays alive.

You're going to get different opinions here, as you would anywhere online. It is Something you have to take in to account before you post.

You're going to get the good AND the bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships