Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,507 times

Advertisements

Say you never really noticed that person until he or she started giving you attention. Would you become more attracted to that person for that reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_panda View Post
Say you never really noticed that person until he or she started giving you attention. Would you become more attracted to that person for that reason?
Not if they are outside the realm of what I consider attractive.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:38 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
It all depends on interaction. People are busy with their everyday lives. Some people are more observant than others. I am so observant that I would notice that person even before they became attracted to me. My antennas are always up. BUT, many have social blinders that don't always see this even if it staring at them.

So to provide more end result to your question- the feeling may be more of an embracing feeling. Sort of like an appreciation of being noticed. It's a happy feeling that may or MAY NOT always translate into a deeper affection and or returned attraction by the other person. It can just simply mean surface lust or attraction.

Only continuous interaction can determine whether or not you will become attracted to that person on a deeper level.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
It all depends on interaction. People are busy with their everyday lives. Some people are more observant than others. I am so observant that I would notice that person even before they became attracted to me. My antennas are always up. BUT, many have social blinders that don't always see this even if it staring at them.

So to provide more end result to your question- the feeling may be more of an embracing feeling. Sort of like an appreciation of being noticed. It's a happy feeling that may or MAY NOT always translate into a deeper affection and or returned attraction by the other person. It can just simply mean surface lust or attraction.

Only continuous interaction can determine whether or not you will become attracted to that person on a deeper level.
This. I've developed attraction to one, maybe two people after noticing their attraction towards me. In one instance, it became a FWB- thingee.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:58 PM

238 posts, read 222,852 times
Not if they are not attractive. If someone doesn't do anything for me, then that is most likely not going to change because they show interest.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I probably find people more attractive when I know or sense that they are attracted to me. But that doesn't mean that I would date someone just because they were attracted to me.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
If I'm not attracted to her, then no.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
I think there is research in this area that shows attraction can be increased or even started by finding out someone else is attracted to you.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Good question

Yes I think so in a way because as you've not paid much attention beforehand as soon as you realise they like you it's then on your mind and you can't help but think about or notice them....

I think what the above poster said is correct though that you must be in the least slightly attracted and Im definitely not saying I would date them but I do think it's possible that I would be more interested

Old 11-19-2015, 01:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but in many cases when I get the suspicion that a woman is into me, then I am more likely to be attracted to her... as long as she is reasonable... I can even do certain kinds of crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships