Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 03:01 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

In any romantic relationship, if you act like you did when you were first trying to attract them, you stand a good chance of it lasting a long time.

If you get too comfortable and take them for granted (inattentive, start being rude, etc), then you'll wind up with more problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 03:10 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Like women, guys loves to feel appreciated.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:15 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Respect
Communication
Honesty
Don't get lazy in the sack
Don't take each other for granted
Don't b*tch about each other to other people

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 11-20-2015 at 03:47 PM..

Old 11-20-2015, 03:26 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Like women, guys loves to feel appreciated.
Tell me if I'm wrong, hc, but I always figured what guys want boils down to three things:

Affection
Admiration
Sex

Works for me, too.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Tell me if I'm wrong, hc, but I always figured what guys want boils down to three things:

Affection
Admiration
Sex

Works for me, too.

Throw in some good food and you're on the right track.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:40 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
I been with my boyfriend of several years i dont see him leaving me or me leaving him anytime soon
But I want to know several things I can do to keep the relationship ever lasting.

First off im reasonable in giving space to him as he does as well. I dont want to suffocate him

Second we try to have lots of sex and affectionate in our relationship i also like to look good for him and touch him a lot so he does not miss out on being loved

Third I try to communicate and spend as much time with him as I can before the weekend ends. Its rare we argue and we laugh at each other jokes and even if he has a bad day i try to cheer him up

So now im curious what else we can do I do to keep our relationship alive
Im seein some people have relationships issue after many years have passed so how can we continue to keep our relationship alive?

Being, and displaying, affection goes sooooo much further than what people realize. It's the essence of intimacy. The trust that is built, or not as most of us know, is directly correlated to this one somewhat simple display of affection. Not fawning mind you but, true intimacy and affection.

It will serve both parties well in the darkest hours and toughest times be they monetary, domestic, or work. Tough times are a certainty. Keeping this alive above all will help ease the fading of the more physical pursuits with time.

Tends to keep each other from "pursuing other interests". So many lack it. I know I do and have for quite some time. When I look back at the most successful relationships I've had, all had one common denominator. Affection. It makes me wonder how I let that get away.

If you want to build trust and truly build a relationship, this is where it must start and maintain to do so. Without it, you are simply marking time.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Affection
Admiration
Sex

Works for me, too.
You're not wrong, stan. Unfortunately, for most couples, those things tend to wane over time. It takes a mature couple to keep a relationship bond strong. As mentioned in this thread: communication, honesty, affection, sex< glue to keeping it all together.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:28 PM

For me, it's commitment. All the advice given so far are sound, but it's one thing to know what it takes to keep a relationship strong, and another thing to keep that way. It takes two (not just one) that's on the same level of commitment to keeping their relationship happy. IMHO, a lot of couples fail because they're on two different levels.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:37 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Give me my space, sex, food, no drama, and don't fart or poop around me.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:42 PM

68 posts, read 59,128 times
Lots of BJs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships