Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:46 PM

199 posts, read 294,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It sounds like a lot of work to keep a boyfriend. What does he do to keep you in return?
I don't think so

-Spoils me
-Gives me love and affection ( Kisses me and touches me a lot)
-Decent Humor
- Open Minded
- Explore each other hobbies
- Take silly pictures
- Makes time to see me
- appreciates me as a gf
- doesn't disrespect me ( extremely rare)
- Hard worker
- Gives me space when needed ( pretty rare)
- Understanding about occasions when we can't see each other ( Family event, final exam week,) So this gives us some space
etc well you get the point.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 04:48 PM

199 posts, read 294,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you are both human this is not possible, everyone gets angry at some point no matter how loving, caring or giving you are.

I could not stand such a dull relationship that is so one sided and

the theme park nirvana....
Its actually very rare thou I think I was just angry at him the last time for ...
um I forgot
I guess when he didn't put enough ice on my drinks.

Last edited by Haeley_Ramirez; 11-21-2015 at 05:19 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 04:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
Yes we do I want to give him a good massage and bubblebath this weekend.
But yes we do many things together especially go to theme parks. ( Disneyland pass)
But I posted this thread because I heard of couples who their relationships peak down after a couple years.
But to be honest, I don't want this relationship to die thou I do want to keep it always as exciting and not let it die.

I don't withdrawn sex from him, I don't ever get angry at him nor does he at me.
But thanks to everyone on this thread for the help I always appreciate more advice
In all fairness you sound perfect and again he's a very lucky man

Old 11-21-2015, 06:10 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Quote:
I been with my boyfriend of several years i dont see him leaving me or me leaving him anytime soon
But I want to know several things I can do to keep the relationship ever lasting.

First off im reasonable in giving space to him as he does as well. I dont want to suffocate him

Second we try to have lots of sex and affectionate in our relationship i also like to look good for him and touch him a lot so he does not miss out on being loved

Third I try to communicate and spend as much time with him as I can before the weekend ends. Its rare we argue and we laugh at each other jokes and even if he has a bad day i try to cheer him up

So now im curious what else we can do I do to keep our relationship alive
Im seein some people have relationships issue after many years have passed so how can we continue to keep our relationship alive?
I think you nailed it with having a healthy balance of showing attention/affection and giving some space when needed.

Men are simple creatures really. We do need intimacy and this includes the sexual stuff to be taken care of. Other than that just be faithful to him and be there for him.

A lady that's good to her man should have a return ten fold.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:32 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,710,396 times
Respect yourself. Respect him.

Communication, loyality, humour

From both of you. A relationship is a two way street.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:41 PM

8 posts, read 5,577 times
I'm 28 and in March I will have been married for 9 years, the reason why my wife and I are still happily married is Communication and Honesty.

Open communication allows each person to feel like they are being heard and respected in the relationship. I would be lying if I told you that my wife and I never fought, we actually disagree quite often but after every fight we sit in bed and talk and figure out what the others point of view is and we try to put ourselves in the others shoes. Most fights erupt from miscommunications and each other assuming things about how the other was thinking/feeling/reacting to a given situation.

For example if my wife and I haven't had sex in a while. I might start to think and make an assumption that maybe my wife isn't attracted to me anymore or that she doesn't love me anymore while in all reality it's just she is stressed out from a new project at work or the kids crazy schedule. If we didn't communicate we would start to make further assumptions and thing would get compounded quickly.

Remember humans can't read minds and the other person probably doesn't fully understand why you are mad or upset or acting the way they are acting. In this situation I would tell her how I Honestly felt and she would tell me what she has been feeling and thinking so that we are both on the same page. Then we would come up with a solution that both of us like and are happy with. Most of the time this involves both of us compromising a little bit to make each other happy. So for the above situation a compromise might be that she agrees to make intimacy more of a priority and I would do more chores around the house or help more with the kids and their crazy schedule. As long as you view each others needs and wants as equal to your own needs and wants and you communicate with each other you can last forever.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:09 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,904 times
Sounds like a great relationship. I think most relationships fall apart when one of the three isn't there or when something new pops up and either one of the couple can't deal with it (ie: a new baby, a death in the family, if a more attractive person comes along, if one of the partners gain weight and the other one isn't attracted anymore, etc.) I think some people also get bored after a while, but that depends on the couple and the underlying problem of the boredom and that ties back into communication.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Yes we do I want to give him a good massage and bubblebath this weekend.
But yes we do many things together especially go to theme parks. ( Disneyland pass)
But I posted this thread because I heard of couples who their relationships peak down after a couple years.
But to be honest, I don't want this relationship to die thou I do want to keep it always as exciting and not let it die.

I don't withdrawn sex from him, I don't ever get angry at him nor does he at me.
But thanks to everyone on this thread for the help I always appreciate more advice
*though* not *thou*

Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,290,084 times
I always found that the best relationships happened naturally, so self policing never crossed our minds. Because of the strength of our relationship, we naturally did all the things you listed without having to remind ourselves to do them. Was it perfect, no. But the few times there was a problem we openly communicated without blame. What ended those relationships...bad timing...unfortunately, sometimes we have to move on, from the best of partnerships.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:20 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
I don't think so

-Spoils me
-Gives me love and affection ( Kisses me and touches me a lot)
-Decent Humor
- Open Minded
- Explore each other hobbies
- Take silly pictures
- Makes time to see me
- appreciates me as a gf
- doesn't disrespect me ( extremely rare)
- Hard worker
- Gives me space when needed ( pretty rare)
- Understanding about occasions when we can't see each other ( Family event, final exam week,) So this gives us some space
etc well you get the point.........
I get it but this happens naturally as in any good relationship. I'm not supposed to be doing anything differently to keep it up. Maybe the thread title confused me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships