Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 06:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I was actually looking for the word 'creepy'.

Whats also funny, is that none of the guys (including myself) didn't think it was creepy
Ya, all you men were all, "Bend over! Daisy dukes!"

YOU even had names for it I had never even heard before.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
I was actually looking for the word 'creepy'.

Whats also funny, is that none of the guys (including myself) didn't think it was creepy
There were several guys who thought she was out of line.

Having some older, insecure woman who is going to live around the block doing a bunch of internet searches on a guy and then coming online and talking about how shallow he is seems pretty creepy to me also.

Can you say potential bunny burner?

Old 11-27-2015, 07:20 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
^^^^^Boiled, the bunny was boiled not burned in the original film (Fatal Attraction)

I think OP was desperate and pathetic and misguided, not creepy so much.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:39 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
^^^^^Boiled, the bunny was boiled not burned in the original film (Fatal Attraction)

I think OP was desperate and pathetic and misguided, not creepy so much.

Again, I hear what you are saying, but I've been around this forum far far too long, and I gotta say, flip the script and there would have been plenty, oh plenty of women saying "he" was a creep for that post.... I'm not mad or even cranky about it, it's just part of the typical disparity between the sexes... I mean there's plenty of examles, not just this one........ just sayin......

Old 11-27-2015, 10:06 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,482 times
The saddest thing here is that you have a daughter. I can only imagine what she will turn out like. I'll pray for you both.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:37 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Again, I hear what you are saying, but I've been around this forum far far too long, and I gotta say, flip the script and there would have been plenty, oh plenty of women saying "he" was a creep for that post.... I'm not mad or even cranky about it, it's just part of the typical disparity between the sexes... I mean there's plenty of examles, not just this one........ just sayin......

Oh I see what you mean now, you're talking about reverse sexism.

Well sure females get away with stuff males are vilified for all the time...same with whites, heterosexuals vs any minorities, these days.

Ex: male teacher "molests" young student vs female teacher "has affair" with young student, comments under news articles of both type confirm what you are saying.

Ex: White police manhandle black criminal scum who is fighting them, criminal gets huge monetary settlement, big news story, cop's life ruined. How many white criminals/black cops does this happen to?

Ex: Bruce Jenner just got some award for being woman of the year? WTEffingF is that about when female surgeons in Doctors Without Borders, missionaries (NOT the sicko Duggars, I mean the women working with HIV+ orphans in the mission field), animal rights activists in the trenches HELPING vulnerable living beings for NO PAY didn't get it but he did? *top of my head blowing off*

It's some crazy attempt to make up for past wrongs of oppression I guess. I don't like it cuz it twists reality to soothe and pander to oversensitive PC types, and scumbags benefit from this mentality. But that's our screwed up norm these days.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 11-28-2015 at 04:01 AM..

Old 11-28-2015, 10:29 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Oh I see what you mean now, you're talking about reverse sexism.

Well sure females get away with stuff males are vilified for all the time...same with whites, heterosexuals vs any minorities, these days.

Ex: male teacher "molests" young student vs female teacher "has affair" with young student, comments under news articles of both type confirm what you are saying.

Ex: White police manhandle black criminal scum who is fighting them, criminal gets huge monetary settlement, big news story, cop's life ruined. How many white criminals/black cops does this happen to?

Ex: Bruce Jenner just got some award for being woman of the year? WTEffingF is that about when female surgeons in Doctors Without Borders, missionaries (NOT the sicko Duggars, I mean the women working with HIV+ orphans in the mission field), animal rights activists in the trenches HELPING vulnerable living beings for NO PAY didn't get it but he did? *top of my head blowing off*

It's some crazy attempt to make up for past wrongs of oppression I guess. I don't like it cuz it twists reality to soothe and pander to oversensitive PC types, and scumbags benefit from this mentality. But that's our screwed up norm these days.
There is a whole lot of stuff that is screwed up, but it is what it is, especially concerning the media, there isn't any actual journalism and fact reporting anymore, the 24 hour news cycle has sort of turned legit news sources into rag mags just to get eyes and ears and of course advertising revenue drives all of this nonsense.

LOL, just take what you hear and with a grain of salt, as like I said so much bias from either side, just depends on the news outlet.

Political correctness is another thing is really starting to becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Just some update. This happened after my last post. My assumptions about him was based on his public FB posts. Based on those posts, he doesn't seem like the nicest guy.

I sent him a quick message on OLD and told him I was one of his neighbors. My first message had no open ended questions, just a quick message to let him know who I was and how I found him. I didn't think he would reply, but one day later he replied, and he was the one who actually asked me two opened ended questions. I replied and asked him some more questions, but he hasn't responded even though he's been active online.

At this point, I figure he is not interested, so I'm moving on. At least I tried. Who was I kidding? He could probably get any girl he wants, which is why I was surprised to find him on OLD at all. I wouldn't had bothered if I didn't think he was somewhat attracted to me based on how he looked at me at the gym. I won't feel embarrassed if I run into him in person because I only asked him questions about the neighborhood, how he liked it, etc., and he decided not to reply back. He probably made a FB post mocking me already. Oh well.

Maybe 2016 will be a better year for relationships. It was nice to dream a little bit, but back to reality now.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
Just some update. This happened after my last post. My assumptions about him was based on his public FB posts. Based on those posts, he doesn't seem like the nicest guy.

I sent him a quick message on OLD and told him I was one of his neighbors. My first message had no open ended questions, just a quick message to let him know who I was and how I found him. I didn't think he would reply, but one day later he replied, and he was the one who actually asked me two opened ended questions. I replied and asked him some more questions, but he hasn't responded even though he's been active online.

At this point, I figure he is not interested, so I'm moving on. At least I tried. Who was I kidding? He could probably get any girl he wants, which is why I was surprised to find him on OLD at all. I wouldn't had bothered if I didn't think he was somewhat attracted to me based on how he looked at me at the gym. I won't feel embarrassed if I run into him in person because I only asked him questions about the neighborhood, how he liked it, etc., and he decided not to reply back. He probably made a FB post mocking me already. Oh well.

Maybe 2016 will be a better year for relationships. It was nice to dream a little bit, but back to reality now.
Did you want an actual relationship with this guy or just wanted to have sex?

Old 11-30-2015, 10:53 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Quote:
Did you want an actual relationship with this guy or just wanted to have sex?
I may have said it here, but I'm really not that kind of person to only want sex. I would've been happy even if I made a new non-romantic friend as I don't know many people in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships