Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 08:54 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,682,624 times

Advertisements

I don't think there is a guy in real life. We've been played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 09:11 AM

140 posts, read 86,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Do you have the ability to use your brain? Because if you do then this is just...common sense!

Maybe you deserve him since you cannot figure this out on your own.
So he does it because he's traditional and wants to be the one to bring up everything on his own? Because if he didn't want those things with me eventually, then he wouldn't have ever started dating me, let me move in, take me to work parties or friends' weddings, etc. earlier this year we went to his buddy's wedding and the couple didn't meet till after we did. He reassured me "our time will come soon- NOT this year, but, soon sometime"

Old 11-28-2015, 09:12 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,884,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_bls View Post
But look, he always does this temporary dumping thing. After being together 1 year I asked "hey have you thought at all about us living together?", which resulted in him shouting, ripping up and throwing a card at me that had contained a spare key to his apartment as a gift (he clarified that he was not asking me to move in, but it had been a "step"), and broke up w me. He only took me back after a full day of me sobbing miserably. And then he wouldn't talk about the issue, just tried to pretend everything was normal. Why????
Ok, this adds another dimension. Make sure you are crying when you ask him what he wants you to do. Tell him you will do anything he wants for as long as he wants. Do not mention anything about what you want. You need to make everything about him from now on.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Well I'd just love to know why my simple conversation about moving in together after a year resulted in him blowing up like that. This is what I mean, he dumps me every time there's commitment or emotion expressed by
Me
So, what have you learned from this? What you should have learned is that he doesn't want to talk about what you want. Why can't you get that through your head?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:13 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,039,019 times
Quote:
So he does it because he's traditional and wants to be the one to bring up everything on his own? Because if he didn't want those things with me eventually, then he wouldn't have ever started dating me, let me move in, take me to work parties or friends' weddings, etc. earlier this year we went to his buddy's wedding and the couple didn't meet till after we did. He reassured me "our time will come soon- NOT this year, but, soon sometime"
LOL just lol do you believe everything you are told? I have been through so many women like this and all I could think in my head was god these women are truly dumb. I could literally say anything and they would believe me.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:

There ya go. He doesn't want you to bring any of your wants or needs into this. Again, if you want him back, you need to make it all about what he wants. Never tell him what you want. Only ask him what he wants and what you can do for him.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:23 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,342,752 times
This can't be real.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,632,455 times
Quote:
Id rather have him back as long as I can actually trust that he isn't just stringing me along when he says "I will marry you eventually when I decide the time is right as long as you stop asking/Pressuring me about it. And I have no approximate timetable to give, and if this isn't good enough for you, then do what you have to do & leave."
You were good enough for a time and drug you around to show off his eye candy to friends and family to show he could do it. You were flattered thinking he was so in love with you!! Thats the pathetic part as he was getting sex,throwing flattering comments your way and you were a bad girl for bringing up marriage when he asked you not to. Does that sound like a committed relationship? What other things will you not be allowed to talk about? Your very insecure and needy as heck and that is also burning him up. It worked for him and now he probably has another one conning her also. You should be lucky to have him out of your life but knowing you, you will apologise profusely,grovel,and beg and he will tell you to get lost and leave him alone as your too whiney! Your thread is either a con or your seriously in need of a good therapist. By the way how did he find out about the car accident? Whats next a tree limb falling and giving you a concussion? Choking on a piece of food? Either way most of us are done with it. Bah bye!

Last edited by luv my dayton; 11-28-2015 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-28-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I do know a guy whose brother lived together with a girl for more than 10 years and never married. He is Persian and his family wants him to marry to Persian. While the girl he lives with is an American, non Persian, satisfies his sexual need but he was unable to marry her. So just because some one lives with you there is no guaranteed that he will marry you.
You here this in the news, the girl who played in Black Swan, Natalie Portman, she married a guy who was already living with somebody else.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
You were good enough for a time and drug you around to show off his eye candy to friends and family to show he could do it. You were flattered thinking he was so in love with you!! Thats the pathetic part as he was getting sex,throwing flattering comments your way and you were a bad girl for bringing up marriage when he asked you not to. Does that sound like a committed relationship? What other things will you not be allowed to talk about? Your very insecure and needy as heck and that is also burning him up. It worked for him and now he probably has another one conning her also. You should be lucky to have him out of your life but knowing you, you will apologise profusely,grovel,and beg and he will tell you to get lost and leave him alone as your too whiney! Your thread is either a con or your seriously in need of a good therapist. By the way how did he find out about the car accident? Whats next a tree limb falling and giving you a concussion? Choking on a piece of food? Either way most of us are done with it. Bah bye!
I have my doubt about the eye candy part. But hey I'm gorgeous, if you can believe everything you read on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships