Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 AM

11 posts, read 7,360 times

Advertisements

How do married couples handle situation if the one spouse hates going to in laws for thanksgiving. Let's say he puts up a refusal to go the night before .

Or if they go to the in laws , a confrontation starts at the table and if your kids are with you and are small kids. Does grandma or grandpa flip out of you arguing with the in laws like brother or sister In law.

This did not happen to me , just want to ask because I heard my co workers about thanksgiving being a hell season for getting family together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 07:41 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Both people in the romantic relationship tell their respective families that they'll just be spending the time together during Thanksgiving and not visiting outside family members. Then they are about their lives.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Both people in the romantic relationship tell their respective families that they'll just be spending the time together during Thanksgiving and not visiting outside family members. Then they are about their lives.
Well will they eventually go to a family get together? Because in laws not necessarily get along. Brother and sister in laws are usually the ones who can't get along.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:00 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Funny this doesnt happen to you, but you are wondering about all these specifics.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:01 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
My ex's family was a bunch of nut cases, and it was all he could do to keep it together during holidays. Note: I was fine, because I was raised to have proper social etiquette even around annoying people; he wasn't, because he was raised by these nut cases, and couldn't stand them.

So, we would politely tell people that we were staying at home for one holiday, and spend a small amount of time with family during another holiday.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Funny this doesnt happen to you, but you are wondering about all these specifics.
Well thank goodness. I just hear the stories from co workers at work while having my morning coffee

I am shocked that my co workers would bring their home problems to work with them. Some of them are grandparents already. It would be interesting to see what goes on when the arguments erupt at their houses for thanksgiving. I would have to make sure to buy the super size bucket of popcorn before the show begins

Old 11-26-2015, 08:15 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Million dollar sedona View Post
Well thank goodness. I just hear the stories from co workers at work while having my morning coffee
You (and others) are working on Thanksgiving morning?
Sorry to hear that!

Old 11-26-2015, 08:16 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Million dollar sedona View Post
I am shocked that my co workers would bring their home problems to work with them.
No worse than a coworker putting others' concerns on the internet....

Old 11-26-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You (and others) are working on Thanksgiving morning?
Sorry to hear that!
No I am not working on thanksgiving. You probably are. Why aren't you in the kitchen getting the turkey ready?

Old 11-26-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
No worse than a coworker putting others' concerns on the internet....
Well the co worker needs to learn that the work place is not a place to bring their home problems to. They are paid to perform for the company .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships