Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:03 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlowersX View Post
I was hoping I was wrong and that he was actually a real guy hoping to get to know me. The more people commented on here, the more I realize it's probably not legit.

I am really confused, you are gaining all of this "He's not legitimate" information from one brief email and posts from random strangers on a public forum who don't know either of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 01:39 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times
I think the real question is, why the hell would he message someone who lives four hours away?

No one's that hot.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:34 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,884,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
People on here (myself included) aren't actually involved in this interaction...you and this guy are...so why not just wait to hear back from him and if he seems legit, you can go from there, keep talking, see what develops...?

People can chime in with their own experiences, suspicions and so on but we don't really know this guy's deal so if you feel he may be for real, I don't see much reason to convict him without a trial. Personally, I would just wait and see.

Exactly. I don't see any huge red flags, so just wait and see. Maybe it was a generic message. Maybe he wants nudes. (Well, he's a post-pubescent dude...OF COURSE he wants nudes!) Maybe it's a scam. Maybe he's married. Maybe he's lying about being a doctor. Or maybe he's just a guy who is hoping for a date with a woman who piqued his interest. No way to know until things unspool.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
This is what happens when people act like "sending nudes" is no big deal. Now people don't even know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

Continue to message a guy that is 4 hours away if you want, but focus on meeting real-life people where you already live. And don't send people naked pictures of you.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:31 PM

347 posts, read 425,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlowersX View Post
I have like 8 pictures up of me. I look the same in all of them. As far as him not being a real doctor, I suppose it's possible. He does have a picture of himself in a medical office in scrubs though but anyone could buy scrubs. What's an iceberg shot?
Had a guy send me messages who claimed he was a doctor, yet listed his highest education being a Bachelor's degree and lived in a ghetto neighborhood. Nice try, poser! Also, when these online creeps ask for more photos when you've already provided plenty - send them random stuff....I send fat women, pictures of fish or anything else I find funny.

Last edited by MyScreenName; 11-27-2015 at 01:55 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 03:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This is what happens when people act like "sending nudes" is no big deal. Now people don't even know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

Continue to message a guy that is 4 hours away if you want, but focus on meeting real-life people where you already live. And don't send people naked pictures of you.
Err, what? I don't see a single person on this thread suggesting the OP send nude pics, LOL!

I see either people thinking he may not want nudes, but just more pictures of her (with clothes); I see people who think he's some sort of cad who does want the nudes...but I don't see anyone saying "Well, why didn't you send nudes then...it's 'no big deal'."

Old 11-27-2015, 03:23 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
I don't see anything in his note that would make me suspect he wants nude photos. At least not yet. That's jumping the gun to accuse him of that. He's not talking dirty and he's not hinting at wanting nude photos.

However, he is a braggart, which I find to be unattractive. Either he is a creep or else he is socially inept. He's definitely trying too hard... unless he is responding to something that OP sent him that we don't know about. Like maybe she asked where he likes to travel or what his hobbies are.

I'd simply fire up google and look up his name with that town. If he is a doctor, he will have a listing in the yellow pages. Many medical offices have photos of their staff on their webpage, so you can compare photos and see if he really is a doctor or not.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:27 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,746 times
He sounds like a massive dork.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Err, what? I don't see a single person on this thread suggesting the OP send nude pics, LOL!

I didn't say that.

We have had a few younger posters here over the past year who subscribe to the misguided idea that exchanging nude pix is just part of the dating process now, and they freak out when people suggest otherwise, calling us out of touch.

Now here we have a question from someone who apparently is familiar with that train of thought, to the point that it has caused her to wonder if a request for photos means "nude photos" when that should never enter into either one of their minds since they don't even know each other.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:43 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

I'd simply fire up google and look up his name with that town. If he is a doctor, he will have a listing in the yellow pages. Many medical offices have photos of their staff on their webpage, so you can compare photos and see if he really is a doctor or not.
I wouldn't rely on google as this dr may well exist, but is not actually the one who is posting on this site. With catfishing, a woman could pretend to be a man using someone else's pics & life events that they lift off sights like Facebook & Instagram. 1 woman did this in USA & managed to have pseudo relationships with 7 gorgeous & intelligent women for 2-3yrs. The story she created was so credible & she did this using some poor guy's images. She never met the women in real life as situations would always arise, e.g. Relative was sick; she was being deployed abroad etc. The guy whose pics she stole had no clue that his photos were being used in this way. There are some sick people out there so i'ld be careful about what I read on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships