Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:46 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times

Advertisements

Well, that sucks you live by society's standards. I find life to be easier when you just live it your way. My mom started giving me crap about settling down and finding a man and setting me up. Well, guess who's never going to live in the same state as me again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 08:52 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
BTW I got married a few days shy of my 35 birthday to a girl who just turned 33.

I have three kids, no fertility pills etc. The last kid we had I was about to turn 44 and my wife was 42, doctor said if we want my wife is good for 2-3 more if she wants. She is 50 and still fertile, has her period and could still get pregant.

It is a big fat myth about women and age for the most part. Look, I looked at my family tree. The folks in the 1800's were popping out 10-12 kids. No birth control and you had kids till you could no longer could have kids. My wife, my Mom, my Grandma and my GreatGrandma all had kids in their 40s. Heck the grandma and GreatGrandma did it in a hosue with no heat, running water or electric with no doctor present.

Dont worry.
Seriously?

No.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28singleagain View Post
Hello,

My four year relationship (engaged for a few months) ended last month and ever since I've been feeling a bit down. I start wondering if I ever meet someone amazing again, or if I'll just have to stay alone or make compromises. I'm turning 28 in a few weeks and I feel incredibly old to be single again, may sound stupid but well. I'm not desperate for a relationship, right now I do not want to date anyone, but I guess if I don't want to be alone forever I should start trying in a few months or so.By the way, I'm female, fit and attractive, I'd say.
I'd like to hear two things from you guys:

1) Any of you have found the love of their life with 28 or older? I know there are people who did, but I would just like to hear some stories, maybe it makes me feel a bit more positive.

2) Men, how old are you and what age group are you dating? I'd prefer to find a guy 30-35, just because I think that group is more likely to want to settle down.

I guarantee you that if you take care of yourself like you say you do than you will have no problem finding a man. They will find you actually.

I'm 34 years old. Don't think i'm old at all. you're right in my prime age actually so my next question is where about do you live and do you want to go on a date? I'm playing..

Chances are you're not living in the sticks like I am lol The hills have eyes

Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
oop I just read your post again.. you said meet someone amazing.. well with me there'd definitely be compromise lol

Old 11-28-2015, 10:05 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
OP u should rush out and marry the next guy you see on the street and see how that turns out

Old 11-29-2015, 05:21 AM

162 posts, read 348,993 times
Depends. I'm 29 and single. The 30-35 range is gonna be a crapshoot because dudes in that age range are more established and are more in demand than their early to mid twenties peers. I say its a crapshoot because some of them are going to be taking advantage of that newfound popularity due to their increased status, while some will be looking to find a woman to settle down with while building their "nest".

Old 11-30-2015, 10:08 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
How I wish I could be 28 and single again. Where's that car from "Back To The Future?"

Only problem is with time travel you can't really go back and do it differently, it would injure The Universe.

But one can always dream ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships