Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 12:35 PM

30,418 posts, read 21,645,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What big thighs?
My guess is this woman is about 165 lbs. While I have no problems with that weight, about 1/2 of all men would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 12:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I don't agree with you. The word "most" implies that the vast majority like thin women and I can tell you that this is not the case. On the other hand I wouldn't say that most like women this size either. However based on what I've observed your point is not completely true. Some men prefer thin, some prefer athletic fit, some prefer thick, some prefer plus size, some have no preference, etc. I know that my type which is a specific subtype of black or biracial men that I am attracted to from what I've known from dating them and observing who they date, well they do tend to prefer women of all colors that are slim thick, thick or plus size. They wouldn't rule out a thin woman, but they don't think thin women look as good as thick women. On the other hand I know that some of my male coworkers tend to like blonde thin or slender fit white or Asian women. I guess my point is that there is a group of men that like thin women, and a large group of women that tend to like the way thin women look, but that neither is the majority. Not to mention I find it difficult to believe that a thin woman is the major preference when women like Kim k are put on pedestals, big butts are in, and the vast majority of women these days are overweight. Just saying-don't project your personal preferences on to the majority of men.
Ditto. I did alright in the dating scene, but I'm not kidding myself: resembling the Olsen twin's long lost triplet was definitely a handicap, lol.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
My guess is this woman is about 165 lbs. While I have no problems with that weight, about 1/2 of all men would.
I've just googled that 11 and a half stone,

To be honest I don't think men look at the ACTUAL weight of a woman ( well I don't ) as at the end of the day if a woman looks great then she is great regardless of her weight/size if you see where I'm coming from

Again her body type is not one that I'd usually go for but her face without a doubt as she's gorgeous. I've said previously that I'm a sucker for the pretty face and with her she's the perfect example.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:49 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,254,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I'm sure you would agree her eyes woukd stick out anywhere? Surly?
Honestly when I saw the woman the things that stuck out to me was that she has that "look" that is currently deemed attractive and exotic looking in Caucasian women-the jet black silky hair, pretty eyes, plush lips, nice cheekbones. This is the facial look that we also see in Kim k, Megan fox, etc. Another stand out to me was her pictures in different settings-we saw her dressed up, in a jersey, in workout gear, and a close up of her face in a white shirt. Then the excessive amount of tattoos and the high amount of confidence conveyed made her stand out. Her thick thighs in that dress also have her a sex appeal. All of these things are why I considered her attractive. Truthfully I've seen women that have similar faces and or the same bulky type of body as she in person and they were always either average to me or slightly attractive but did not stand out. But what made her stand out is all the other points I emphasized above. It sort of took her up a notch. If I was looking at her without these factors I too would rate her average if I was being honest.

I have never done OLD so I have no clue how the women look on those sites, maybe the average on old is skewed making it easier for women that may otherwise be deemed average or slightly attractive a lot more attractive.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:54 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,254,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I agree with you somewhat. Don't know about half of all men, but the men who don't find plus size women attractive may not like her weight. She looks like a plus size chick to me and there are groups of men that think that plus size is fat.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,474,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Does one have to be above average to correctly identify an average looker? An unattractive person can't call someone else average?

Because you think she's above average, everyone else should - or they're insecure or petty?
The proof is in the number of men who contacted her. She may have gotten the same garbage-to-genuine messages as most women do, but the sheer number of messages she got--in New York, no less--is really all anyone needs to know.

And I'm calling people insecure and petty because of the way they are cutting her up. It's pretty transparent to me, given some of the posting histories of the people who are the most vocal about it.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 PM

238 posts, read 221,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
The proof is in the number of men who contacted her.

And I'm calling people insecure and petty because of the way they are cutting her up. It's pretty transparent to me, given some of the posting histories of the people who are the most vocal about it.

Saying that you are not attracted to someone is not "cutting them up". Should I lie and say that I find her hot? How does one get around this? Perhaps, some of us would have been better off just staying quiet. Then again, aren't their communistic countries like that? Thank god we live in America and can give our opinions freely.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,873,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizcharlene View Post
The trick for getting a ton of messages on OKcupid as a straight woman is including "Casual Sex" in what you're looking for. All types of creeps will be blowing up your inbox. Again, volume vs actual value? No real purpose here; you're still proverbially jilling off on the Internet.
Well that would be one way to word it.

Last edited by funymann; 11-30-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-30-2015, 01:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,474,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
Saying that you are not attracted to someone is not "cutting them up". Should I lie and say that I find her hot? How does one get around this? Perhaps, some of us would have been better off just staying quiet. Then again, aren't their communistic countries like that? Thank god we live in America and can give our opinions freely.
How about you read what I wrote. I said she wasn't my cup of tea, either. However, there is a way to phrase things that denote objective observation, and there is a way to phrase things that reek of insecurity and jealousy.

What kills me is that the more viscerally some here react to what I said, the more it shows I'm right.

Look, fug people can judge other people's looks all they want. It just makes them look stupid and petty, and begs for others to point out the glass houses they live in.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:10 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Honestly when I saw the woman the things that stuck out to me was that she has that "look" that is currently deemed attractive and exotic looking in Caucasian women-the jet black silky hair, pretty eyes, plush lips, nice cheekbones. This is the facial look that we also see in Kim k, Megan fox, etc. Another stand out to me was her pictures in different settings-we saw her dressed up, in a jersey, in workout gear, and a close up of her face in a white shirt. Then the excessive amount of tattoos and the high amount of confidence conveyed made her stand out. Her thick thighs in that dress also have her a sex appeal. All of these things are why I considered her attractive. Truthfully I've seen women that have similar faces and or the same bulky type of body as she in person and they were always either average to me or slightly attractive but did not stand out. But what made her stand out is all the other points I emphasized above. It sort of took her up a notch. If I was looking at her without these factors I too would rate her average if I was being honest.

I have never done OLD so I have no clue how the women look on those sites, maybe the average on old is skewed making it easier for women that may otherwise be deemed average or slightly attractive a lot more attractive.
Great observation,

Apart from the one lying down, I really like the selfie in the sports shirt classic girl next door.

Ive never done online dating myself but your spot on and I think she's extremely clever as she's posted different pictures that would attract different types of men so......

But again I go back to one of my earlier posts ( and someone agreed also ) why the hell is she online? She could stick her head out the window and have men wolf whistling at her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships