Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times

Advertisements

I've been dating a girl for a few months now. A week ago we opened up about past sexual partners and she told me that while being on an international course she had intercourse with some guy there. This was a bit less than two months before we did anything. At that time (when she was on the course) we only started chatting, we haven't even gone out yet. However, I feel really pissed, obsessed and jealous. Also a few days ago I found the guy on facebook (not stalking whatsoever, just connected a few clues when I saw his profile) and now the profile has a face. I liked her from when we even started chatting and figured that since she did this she wasn't into me at all. I'm not jealous normally and hate being like this, also I've never took girls that do one-night-stands seriously and all of this is really [bleep] my head.
Should I even be remotely pissed by this? I want it to work out, but this changed my view and opinion about her.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinV View Post
I've been dating a girl for a few months now. A week ago we opened up about past sexual partners and she told me that while being on an international course she had intercourse with some guy there. This was a bit less than two months before we did anything. At that time (when she was on the course) we only started chatting, we haven't even gone out yet. However, I feel really pissed, obsessed and jealous. Also a few days ago I found the guy on facebook (not stalking whatsoever, just connected a few clues when I saw his profile) and now the profile has a face. I liked her from when we even started chatting and figured that since she did this she wasn't into me at all. I'm not jealous normally and hate being like this, also I've never took girls that do one-night-stands seriously and all of this is really [bleep] my head.
Should I even be remotely pissed by this? I want it to work out, but this changed my view and opinion about her.
If past experience bothers you, maybe let her know that sharing each other's past is unnecessary. Some women and some men like to make their partners jealous, as long as she is not trying to play games with you and she has been loving and honest about her past, I won't worry.

To me, as a girl, I like a guy with a lot of sexual experiences. Who wants to be the guy's first? I would rather be his last. But maybe for a guy is different.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:12 PM..

Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 PM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
oh oh..

i mean, understand women play by different rules. think of it like this, if you could get sex pretty much on demand...wouldn't you have slept with way more women than you have? anyway, i'm not one to talk...i've left girls in the past because i couldn't get over their #s. i feel like, don't string her along...either find a way to get past it now, or leave.

there's no "right way to feel"...should you be bothered? the fact is, you are bothered. feelings shouldn't be felt, they just are...

Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

Walk away and do not look back, you haven't been on an actual date and you think you have the right to be jealous?

PS ~~ You were snooping no matter what words you use to attempt to pretty it up or justify it, if any of this story is true.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:13 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 01:55 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
I've been dating a girl for a few months now. A week ago we opened up about past sexual partners and she told me that while being on an international course she had intercourse with some guy there. This was a bit less than two months before we did anything. At that time (when she was on the course) we only started chatting, we haven't even gone out yet. However, I feel really pissed, obsessed and jealous. Also a few days ago I found the guy on facebook (not stalking whatsoever, just connected a few clues when I saw his profile) and now the profile has a face. I liked her from when we even started chatting and figured that since she did this she wasn't into me at all. I'm not jealous normally and hate being like this, also I've never took girls that do one-night-stands seriously and all of this is really [bleep]my head.
Clearly you can't handle people's sexual history & won't be able to move past this. Why don't you let her go & avoid discussing sexual history with the next one.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:14 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
If you're bothered, you're bothered and the cat can't go back in the bag. You're still immature about it though and this will cause you trouble over and over unless you find a "unicorn virgin".

Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
So... she had sex with a guy without the proper courting period?

She met a guy she liked and she had sex with him. In and of itself... so? I'd say the problem isn't with this girl but rather your notion of women and sex.

One way or the other, you have to decide. If this is unacceptable to you, break it off. If you can handle it, proceed. But remember, she didn't do anything wrong, so don't hang this on her. Don't continue the relationship resentful of what she did before she even knew you. She did her part and was open with you. Now do your part and do one thing (accept it) or the other (refuse to accept it) but don't try and have both (the relationship + anger at what she did). That won't work.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:14 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 06:01 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
If you hadn't been out on a date yet, you can't hold this against her as unfaithfulness to you.

Unless you are dating very young women, most have pretty extensive sexual histories by the time you meet them.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:12 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
Young man, nut up and get over it, the fact is you dig this young lady and that's all that really matters. There's nothing to worry about, don't waste your time thinking about others, start thinking about how to keep a smile on her face and keep her happy, because if you that fairly well, the past doesn't really matter anymore because she's with her man and you both are really happy, understand? live your life.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I've been dating a girl for a few months now. A week ago we opened up about past sexual partners and she told me that while being on an international course she had intercourse with some guy there. This was a bit less than two months before we did anything. At that time (when she was on the course) we only started chatting, we haven't even gone out yet. However, I feel really pissed, obsessed and jealous. Also a few days ago I found the guy on facebook (not stalking whatsoever, just connected a few clues when I saw his profile) and now the profile has a face. I liked her from when we even started chatting and figured that since she did this she wasn't into me at all. I'm not jealous normally and hate being like this, also I've never took girls that do one-night-stands seriously and all of this is really [bleep]my head.
Should you be bothered by it??

That's not the right question, really, because you already ARE bothered by it. The question to ask is "Why?"

Did it shatter some preconceived notion you had about her? About YOU?

It's insecurity. The problem is yours and yours alone. Better get a grip.

(And cyberstalking never helps.)

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-02-2015 at 08:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships