Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Meh. "Best ones" by what standards.

By our own standards, of course. For me it is educated, intelligent, physically attractive, fun to hang with, sensual, and cool and interesting to talk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 12:37 PM

613 posts, read 361,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Geek 101 View Post
Man
Last night I went on a date with a woman who was very demanding with her expectations and almost sounded controlling we went to the bar she had some drinks then started criticizing millennial, my hobbies, how im not good looking enough, and just a lot of depressing things.
Idk what her problem was but she was a total turn off.

So my question here is are the woman who have a sweet and gentle personality along with very hot looking hard to find? Because they don't seem to be the norm as I use Okcupid to find dates.
If so, please tell me where to look and go?
It is possible but need luck. I haven't met one for many years, until I met my wife..on tinder. The best combination of a sweet heart, loving, considerate, nurturing, humble, open minded and very sexual and easy going at the same time. 2 years in and I still feel like I hit the jackpot, compared to my prior dating experience

Old 12-18-2015, 01:17 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
I have a lot of thoughts, so I'll probably stagger them here

1) There are lots of women with good personalities out there.
2) There are lots of attractive women out there.

Obviously, there are fewer women that have both than women that have one or none of the above qualities. I wouldn't call them unicorns or anything, but now you're starting to get into "selective" territory. The more dealbreakers you have, the fewer women will meet that criteria.

In addition, what you're looking for....EVERYBODY WANTS. Nobody goes out thinking "I want a hot woman with a bad attitude" or "I want a nice, charming bowser". People want both those positive qualities. They just might value one or the other so highly that they can deal with the absence of the other.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:43 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Obviously, there are fewer women that have both than women that have one or none of the above qualities. I wouldn't call them unicorns or anything, but now you're starting to get into "selective" territory. The more dealbreakers you have, the fewer women will meet that criteria.

In addition, what you're looking for....EVERYBODY WANTS. Nobody goes out thinking "I want a hot woman with a bad attitude" or "I want a nice, charming bowser". People want both those positive qualities. They just might value one or the other so highly that they can deal with the absence of the other.
And it's all relative too. What one man finds as a "good personality" another might find annoying. Some men like strong, independent women... others like meeker, more coy women... some like feminine women... some like the matriarch type.

Even good looks are subjective. There was a thread last week about the most messaged woman on OKC... about half the guys thought she was hot and the other half said no way, she's nothing special.

It's hard to find someone with the looks and personality you like. You can keep searching your whole life and never find her. But chances are the more you look, the more you interact with women, date women, etc, the better chance you will get lucky and find a woman that ends up being near perfect "for you" (and that's the key, for you).

Old 12-18-2015, 01:51 PM

199 posts, read 295,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
And it's all relative too. What one man finds as a "good personality" another might find annoying. Some men like strong, independent women... others like meeker, more coy women... some like feminine women... some like the matriarch type.

Even good looks are subjective. There was a thread last week about the most messaged woman on OKC... about half the guys thought she was hot and the other half said no way, she's nothing special.

It's hard to find someone with the looks and personality you like. You can keep searching your whole life and never find her. But chances are the more you look, the more you interact with women, date women, etc, the better chance you will get lucky and find a woman that ends up being near perfect "for you" (and that's the key, for you).
There's also the combination of ugly and a not so beautiful personality as well.
I want to remind everyone just because someone is not good looking doesn't mean they are easy going as well.
Believe it or not, some guys I met in the past don't really like the sweet and soft type, they all wanted something different and not all of them like that gushy mushy, lovey dovey, cuddly personality. If Im guessing, the OP wants someone like that it's pretty possible, some guys can't appreciate love and affection

Some men may want someone more rough and more independent, it all depends on the man.

It's really all about looking online and offline.
Get out there and talk to lots of woman ask them out someone will say yes eventually and it well possibly could be that girl you can keep forever

Last edited by Haeley_Ramirez; 12-18-2015 at 02:03 PM..

Old 12-18-2015, 02:03 PM

199 posts, read 295,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

Idk about everybody
it really depends on the man

Old 12-18-2015, 02:42 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,157,881 times
I wonder if the OP is good looking. Everybody wants somebody good looking. We're funny that way. But are you good looking too? If you aren't, then why would you assume that you "deserve" a good looking person? Seems kind of odd. Good looking people date other good looking people. There are exceptions.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 12-18-2015 at 03:02 PM..

Old 12-18-2015, 02:44 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,161,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Geek 101 View Post
I didn't she bought her self some drinks, she found my suggestion of going to the movies boring and then we went to some bar but she was annoying to be with , at first we texted a lot and it seems we were going to get along but when we meet man I never dealt with a more annoying woman than her.

Cute and sweet will do.
Just some whos a sweetheart and not demanding or has extreme high expectations and who isn't a prude
If you are making a girl buy her own drinks on a date with no dinner I would not expect any compliments.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:53 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,161,090 times
BTW dating less is the key not more. Only date a girl you consider marriage material. Those types only come around at best 1-2 a year. And when you do go big or go home.

I took my wife out on a first date in my convertible at six pm, sport coat, dress pants. She questioned the time but I knew what I was doing. Table for two, oceanfront and I timed it so dinner hit the table exactly as sunset hit.

After that I knew a really great romantic place to grab a drink afterwards and knew the slightly longer way which was more scenic. After then back to her place, a quick kiss told her I had a great time and I am looking forward to our next date and left. No asking to go up, no desperation.

Why girls talk. You got to figure when she talked to her co-workers, friends or mom they all were on my side.

This meeting a girl on line, taking her for drinks and then making her pay. Really, and wondering why she was complaining. Did you even shave.

Heck with my wife I even washed and vacumed my mercedes before the date and ironed my pants. I only went all out like that 2-3 times on a first date. But honestly what is point of going on a date with the type of girl you claim you want.

My wife was beautiful, super nice, great job, nice family, great cook, right age, right religion, a "good girl" etc. All the boxes checked. I was not being jerk who a first date is meet at starbucks in a tshirt.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
Idk about everybody
it really depends on the man
It really doesn't. If someone is going to argue that someone doesn't want to be attracted to their date or doesn't want them to have a personality, you're arguing some serious semantics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships