Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 10:38 PM

621 posts, read 1,033,095 times

Advertisements

I am almost 30 and I would have liked to have been married by 25 but it never happened so going on 30 not sure if it will happen. But it had me thinking, is it alright to get married after 30 or even older? You always see young people as young as teens getting married if not people in their 20s get married. Part of me thinks I won't ever get married and it hurts to see everyone else going up the ladder and I am still at the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 10:54 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,143 times
It's okay to get married at any age. I can't believe in this day and age someone is even asking that question. Not sure about other countries but in America the average age at which a person marries has been going up for a while. Nothing wrong with marrying after 30 or later. In fact, you'd probably be better able to make an informed decision as to whether the other person is suitable for you than if you were to marry at a younger age. Don't obsess about it though. Just because you aren't married doesn't mean you can't like a happy, productive life.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:26 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Get married at whatever age you want to, or don't get married, if you don't want to. Life isn't a game where you have to climb the ladder and progress through marriage, parenthood, divorce, remarriage, etc. in order to keep up with everyone else. You can do what makes you happy.

I have a friend in her 50's who just got married and she's happy as can be. I got married when I was 18 and I'm still happy and in love...when you find the right person, that makes it the right time of your life to get married, it's not about getting it done by some certain age.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:18 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I am almost 30 and I would have liked to have been married by 25 but it never happened so going on 30 not sure if it will happen. But it had me thinking, is it alright to get married after 30 or even older? You always see young people as young as teens getting married if not people in their 20s get married. Part of me thinks I won't ever get married and it hurts to see everyone else going up the ladder and I am still at the bottom.
I have a friend who married after 30 and she married well. Heck, he married well. They now have two children.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:49 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
I met my husband when I was 22, we did not get married until I was 30. We don't have children yet (I'm 33 now). People were always badgering us, asking us when we were going to get married. Now it's the same thing with children.

Do what feels right to you, not society. If you are worried about finding someone...I always found it became easier when I stopped looking so darn hard. I know people who are just getting married in their late 30s, early 40s.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:03 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Of course it's ok! What are you going to do? Meet the man of your dreams and tell him "sorry, I can't marry you. I'm over 30." You are on your own ladder. Life doesn't start at marriage. Enjoy your freedom.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Marriage means little, children means everything

Old 12-23-2015, 08:08 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:

There is no ladder. Okay, to put it in your words - by the time you get up the ladder, they crashed through the ceiling and end up at the bottom again.

30 and never married is way better as 30 and divorced.

Your time will come. I know lots of people over 30 who aren't married.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:18 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,707 times
I'm 61 and I've never been married. I never wanted to be a wife or a mother to anyone.

DH, as a I call him as we've lived together for so long, has never been married either.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:23 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I'm 61 and I've never been married. I never wanted to be a wife or a mother to anyone.

DH, as a I call him as we've lived together for so long, has never been married either.
They lived together happily for 40 years, then they married
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships