Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Cool story, bro.. But didn't you end up having a long & drawn out affair with a call girl or something..?
The Russian was my previous GF mentioned in the post. Yes. She was a working girl. We were together a memorable 2 years of my life that I will not forget. Our relationship came an end amicably and we didn't talk for a year or so afterwards. By the time we reconnected and became very close friends, I was already well on the path to marrying my roommate.... future wife. My wife acknowledged this and accepted it....

My life changed (for the better). Her life did not. We remained very close supportive friends over the years. I eventually had to distance myself from her because the combination of our history/closeness in conjunction with a rough patch in my own marriage rekindled some feelings for each other that I was not prepared for.

Thus.... as it is now.... My wife (I told her about my feelings) and I are together and working on getting back to what brought us together while survive some stresses in the family. We have made great progress... but as with many marriages it is a work in progress. She's a wonderful mother and person in my life that brings a sense of normalcy that was missing prior. She knows my history and conflicted feelings that were around when we met....

I hurt my friend.. my only close friend.... my confidant... I have to live with that painful thought. The last time I saw her, she was walking from the bus stop to work in the morning hours... it tore me apart knowing that I couldn't be there to give her a ride like I did so many times prior. I do still think of her and hope she is ok... we have a common set circle of friends and I my hope is they will look after her in my absense.

Last edited by usayit; 12-23-2015 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 04:40 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
No he was married and I heard not a great guy.
He looked like mcdreamy and I have never found mcdreamy attractive,I always liked an ed Sheeran look.
But crazy sparks make you find them attractive I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
... and .. are you (still) together?

Old 12-25-2015, 05:22 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I've never had this happen on dates. I didn't find my co worker very attractive at first but after 6 months of seeing him every day I started to fall for him. If we were to date traditionally, well... that wouldn't have even happened.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
No he was married and I heard not a great guy.
He looked like mcdreamy and I have never found mcdreamy attractive,I always liked an ed Sheeran look.
But crazy sparks make you find them attractive I suppose.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
What's confusing?

Old 01-04-2016, 07:14 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
What's confusing?
Being attracted to Ed Sheeran but not Patrick Dempsey. But we all have different tastes, I know.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:35 AM

44 posts, read 133,622 times
When I first met my ex-boyfriend, I didn't find him very attractive. He had a cute face, but he was short and a bit chubby (and I was usually attracted to tall fit men). I fell in love with him anyway, because he was wonderful. The sex was pretty good. Still, in the end it didn't work out. We were together for three years and I loved him with all my heart. I don't say we broke up because I never really felt attracted to him (there were other reasons), but probably it was a part of it. Especially after 2-3 years I often caught myself looking at other men and finding them more attractive than my then-boyfriend, and felt terribly guilty about it.

I think it CAN work if there is at least a bit of attraction. Still, I think it's better to look for someone you really feel attracted to, because in the end, that's a really important part, too (yea, call me shallow, but I'm just being honest).

Old 01-04-2016, 08:36 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winrunner View Post
I told part of this story in a reply to another thread yesterday. This is the closest I ever came to deeply caring about someone that I initially didn't find attractive.

I am 6'2" and this young lady was all of 5'. She'd claim 5'2", but insist on wearing her boots to prove it. She was very dark, barely any hair, had a barrel shaped body and part of me suspected that she was born male. No one at work batted an eye when they found out we were lovers. They didn't judge her by her looks or us by how awkward we looked walking side by side. No, they knew her to be a beautiful soul and they were glad we were together. I did not see the attraction and subsequent relationship coming.

I was a supervisor and handed out job assignments and on occasion I would assign her work, although she primarily worked for someone else. It wasn't until one slow shift that we really got to talking and I realized, I like her. I liked spending time with her and took every opportunity that I could to be with her. It didn't matter what we must've looked like to other people.

She turned out to be one of the kindest and most intelligent people I have ever met.

I wasn't initially attracted to her until I got to know her and I'm very glad I did.

I have never gone on dates with someone that I did not find attractive hoping to develop some attraction. I would imagine there has to be some attraction for someone to even ask for the date.
Wish I could Rep you twice......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships