Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 06:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
FYI......she has issues. Cut loose and find a better one.
He loves the girl mate, would you discard someone you loved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 06:25 PM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Naive at 22... Probably. Stupid? Kind of harsh. I don't think I have ever met another female who hasn't been played at on time or another by some smooth talker.... Especially when they were young.
Not the guys fault.. She should have realized that getting drunk made her fair game to be sexually abused by a group of guys.
That's such an absurd statement. Since when does being drunk give guys the green light to rape you? Granted if you put yourself in a situation where you are by yourself and act/dressed in a provocative way, then you're putting yourself at risk for it. But if I go out with a few friends to just have a girls night and get sht-faced, I'm not expecting to be raped by a group of guys on the way home.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:30 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
That's such an absurd statement. Since when does being drunk give guys the green light to rape you? Granted if you put yourself in a situation where you are by yourself and act/dressed in a provocative way, then you're putting yourself at risk for it. But if I go out with a few friends to just have a girls night and get sht-faced, I'm not expecting to be raped by a group of guys on the way home.
Apparently you missed the aka.... "sarcasm" in my post.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:51 PM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Apparently you missed the aka.... "sarcasm" in my post.
Oops, my bad LOL. Hard to detect sarcasm without tone (in person). Carry on

Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Oops, my bad LOL. Hard to detect sarcasm without tone (in person). Carry on

No worries.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:10 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
oops, my bad lol. Hard to detect sarcasm without tone (in person). Carry on
😂😂😂😂👍

Old 12-23-2015, 09:38 PM

216 posts, read 212,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You would think she would have learned her lesson after the first guy
Some never do, they just move from one loser to the next loser, but that's a whole other subject than what the OP is asking.

The question for the OP really comes down to himself? The GF seems to be fine with her past, he seems a little troubled by it. The real issue he must ask himself is this something he can live with or does he need to move on? Like another poster said you can't go back and change the past, this is true, but you can change the future. He has a choice, he can stay and say no more or he can move on, if he believes he'd be better off to do so?

Old 12-24-2015, 01:06 AM

10 posts, read 31,042 times
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this matter, I really appreciate it!

Some clarification: what happened wasn't rape, as there was some consent from my girl, it's just that this consent was very distorted by alcohol.

I get it that my girl has moved on, but I guess the thing that keeps bugging me is that I think that a-hole who used her doesn't deserve her company, he doesn't even deserve to be near her; and the fact that my girl thinks the opposite is what upset me. But it is up to her to decide who she talks to and who she doesn't, and if talking to that guy helps her cope with her past like mentioned on the first page of this thread, then I should be happy that she does that.

Re-reading what I just said made me realize what my real problem is: I'm jealous. I'm just so damn jealous that this stupid jock of an a-hole got to undeservingly be so intimately close to my wonderful and sweet girl, with so little effort on his part...But this is my own problem, it has nothing to do with my girl. I just have to get over it, for the sake of our relationship.

And to those who suggested to leave her: I just can't. I love her so very much...And the thought that she'd be alone again, open to even more abuse, absolutely shatters my heart.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 12-24-2015, 01:22 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freh View Post
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this matter, I really appreciate it!

Some clarification: what happened wasn't rape, as there was some consent from my girl, it's just that this consent was very distorted by alcohol.

I get it that my girl has moved on, but I guess the thing that keeps bugging me is that I think that a-hole who used her doesn't deserve her company, he doesn't even deserve to be near her; and the fact that my girl thinks the opposite is what upset me. But it is up to her to decide who she talks to and who she doesn't, and if talking to that guy helps her cope with her past like mentioned on the first page of this thread, then I should be happy that she does that.

Re-reading what I just said made me realize what my real problem is: I'm jealous. I'm just so damn jealous that this stupid jock of an a-hole got to undeservingly be so intimately close to my wonderful and sweet girl, with so little effort on his part...But this is my own problem, it has nothing to do with my girl. I just have to get over it, for the sake of our relationship.

And to those who suggested to leave her: I just can't. I love her so very much...And the thought that she'd be alone again, open to even more abuse, absolutely shatters my heart.

Thanks again everyone!
I concluded that from the beginning. We all have to overcome insecurities throughout of lives. Again, you're with her now, so enjoy the time with her and treat her good; unlike the other chumps

Old 12-24-2015, 10:18 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Sounds like she wasn't "taken advantage" of, that's just how she told you. Was probably just a garden-variety drunken hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships