Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:04 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Oh, and btw, the listening-and-talking thing, with no distractions, no TV/computer, etc., really should be daily, for the health of the relationship. There should be some built-in time to check in with each other and bond that way.
I agree. It would be quite beneficial in a perfect world. But given all of today's technology, not very many can be torn away from calls, emails, text messages, etc. Go into any restaurant or public establishment, you see so many texting, talking on their phones, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 10:06 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You say its spontaneous, but the way it's written makes it fairly clear that it's a rare special occasion that was preplanned, which makes it goal-oriented.

"Manly" is in the eye of the beholder. Some women will go for it; some won't.
You're right. It is preplanned. A special once-in-a-blue-moon occasion.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I agree. It would be quite beneficial in a perfect world. But given all of today's technology, not very many can be torn away from calls, emails, text messages, etc. Go into any restaurant or public establishment, you see so many texting, talking on their phones, etc.
That's why they say relationships take work. It's easy to let yourself be distracted. It takes effort to place our focus on others.

But doing so would benefit the relationship more than special dinners and keeping track of who takes out the trash.

Merry Christmas, Rick.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:48 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
OP - your other friend feels a little jealous maybe because no one is doing that for her?
My very masculine BF does all those things. I love it. I like a man who is masculine and knows how to be tender.
You do what works in your relationship. Period. If a woman doesn't like it, move on. As Ruth said - *****stampede*** -- there are a lot of women who would love it.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Ok but say that guy serving dinner is the protector type involved in manual labor, who decides for a night to serve...I won't say "his lady". I need another description. His woman.
Exactly. There are beefy, manly types out there who also have a gentle side, and know how to appreciate their ...um...whatever. Now, THAT is "swoony"!

Old 12-25-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
OP - your other friend feels a little jealous maybe because no one is doing that for her?
My very masculine BF does all those things. I love it. I like a man who is masculine and knows how to be tender.
You do what works in your relationship. Period. If a woman doesn't like it, move on. As Ruth said - *****stampede*** -- there are a lot of women who would love it.
DING DING DING! Those tender moments only serve to underscore the masculine side. A balance between those two is very attractive.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
I'm surprised it's only done occasionally. My husband does 1-4 since day one when we started dating, except he only cooks breakfast. He can do steak, sausage and beans, Ravioli, macaroni and cheese on evenings. But most of the heavy cooking is performed by me because I love to cook. For #5, we watch TV together, and of course we talk while we watch TV, but we don't set out to talk every day.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I can do and be everything women are describing as "manly", except for car maintenance, because the newer models of cars can't actually be worked on properly without specific tools and scanners.

Manual labor job? Well, lol, I don't know too many other jobs that are more physical than mine. I mean if you're an iron worker, or any other job that has a pretty high death rate, you certainly got me beat in the manly department. Otherwise I don't think there are too many jobs out there that involve working in 120+ degree rooms with steam blasting your face throughout the day with continuous heavy lifting all day for 12 hours. I'm not bragging, but my bosses has decided that I'm worth keeping around because they just gave me like a 20% raise this year in an effort to keep me around. Perfect attendance helps with that.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I can do and be everything women are describing as "manly", except for car maintenance, because the newer models of cars can't actually be worked on properly without specific tools and scanners.

Manual labor job? Well, lol, I don't know too many other jobs that are more physical than mine. I mean if you're an iron worker, or any other job that has a pretty high death rate, you certainly got me beat in the manly department. Otherwise I don't think there are too many jobs out there that involve working in 120+ degree rooms with steam blasting your face throughout the day with continuous heavy lifting all day for 12 hours. I'm not bragging, but my bosses has decided that I'm worth keeping around because they just gave me like a 20% raise this year in an effort to keep me around. Perfect attendance helps with that.
Hear that, ladies? The Frog's your man! And underneath it all, he's quite a Prince, too!

Frog-gie!
Frog-gie!
Frog-gie!

Old 12-25-2015, 07:49 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, any guy doing all that, is doing it for a bj Lol
Any guy doing all that deserves one! lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Rick, when you referred to your former friend as an idiot. If she doesn't appreciate a man who cares, she certainly is one.

My mother was laughing at that commercial currently on TV where the man is sick and says that his mother used to make him soup when he was sick. His wife says "Awww, really?...you should call her." It's supposed to be funny but I think it's awful. If you care about someone, you take care of them and vice versa, not in a codependent sense but just in a way to show that they are special to you.

If I could find a man like the one you describe, I would do my best to keep him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships