Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 10:56 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
No, you're not hearing what I'm saying. OLD has far more men than women. Therefore, women have their choice and can (and do) date way far out of their league.

I said that I've found bars to be better (mostly because I'm weeded out on OLD due to my height). This is a very common complaint for men. Women online are looking for tall, good-looking, funny guys with good jobs. I could PM you links to these women's profiles if you'd like and you can see for yourself.

This is why bars are better for men that are deficient in a particular area, but are good catches overall (pretty much the average guy).

However, as I said, both methods are vastly inferior to meeting women through work or school.
I'll agree that OLD probably has more men than women. OLD does focus on the superficial so many men might feel slighted. However, there are also women who might feel equally slighted and feel that men are only after a certain type.

I don't need links thank you, as I am one of these women who looks for the qualities you have listed above, but I'm only looking for my equal so what I'm asking for, I also bring to the table.

OLD can be used in addition to meeting through work/school. I would agree that meeting in a venue where you get the chance to really know someone, increases one's chances as it's focusing less on superficial qualities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 11:05 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I'll agree that OLD probably has more men than women. OLD does focus on the superficial so many men might feel slighted. However, there are also women who might feel equally slighted and feel that men are only after a certain type.

I don't need links thank you, as I am one of these women who looks for the qualities you have listed above, but I'm only looking for my equal so what I'm asking for, I also bring to the table.

OLD can be used in addition to meeting through work/school. I would agree that meeting in a venue where you get the chance to really know someone, increases one's chances as it's focusing less on superficial qualities.
From what I've seen, the vast majority of women that use OLD drastically overestimate what they have to offer. They seem to think that they are looking for their equal, but they are really shooting out of their league.

Just saying.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:15 PM

Also, another thing worth mentioning:

I did an experiment a little while back. I created a fake profile with a tall good-looking model and messaged women. I was curious how this fake profile would do so I continued things to texting and eventually to a meet up. What I found was that most women flaked anyway. The ones that didn't looked significantly different from their profile pictures (in a bad way).

That was certainly an interesting finding.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
From what I've seen, the vast majority of women that use OLD drastically overestimate what they have to offer. They seem to think that they are looking for their equal, but they are really shooting out of their league.

Just saying.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! My experiences are clearly very different to yours. The same guys who approach me IRL have similar qualities and are in the same league to the guys whom I agree to date online, so for me OLD = IRL. Obviously your mileage may vary!

Old 12-25-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Also, another thing worth mentioning:

I did an experiment a little while back. I created a fake profile with a tall good-looking model and messaged women. I was curious how this fake profile would do so I continued things to texting and eventually to a meet up. What I found was that most women flaked anyway. The ones that didn't looked significantly different from their profile pictures (in a bad way).

That was certainly an interesting finding.
Could they have been responding to whatever you were texting by disappearing? I really can't say coz obviously I've never felt the need to conduct such an experiment. For the record, people flake all the time in OLD so you shouldn't take it personally.

BTW some people are just not photogenic so until you actually meet them, it can be hard to make a judgement call.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! My experiences are clearly very different to yours. The same guys who approach me IRL have similar qualities and are in the same league to the guys whom I agree to date online, so for me OLD = IRL. Obviously your mileage may vary!
The women that I dated IRL were way higher quality than the women online in all aspects. Not even close. And some of these women actually pursued me.

I don't know any man (no matter how they look) that does better online than they do in real life.

Quote:
Could they have been responding to whatever you were texting by disappearing? I really can't say coz obviously I've never felt the need to conduct such an experiment. For the record, people flake all the time in OLD so you shouldn't take it personally.

BTW some people are just not photogenic so until you actually meet them, it can be hard to make a judgement call.
They looked way worse IRL.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:41 PM

My general advice:

If you are a woman and want to date out of your league, go online.

If you are a man and want to date out of your league, either become really charming in person or go to a third world country.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim150 View Post
I went out with a very nice gentleman and we both had a great time. We met online and we really hit it off so we met a second time and spent the day together. He even emailed me after the date to say what a great time we had. We sort of made plans for out next date but nothing concrete.

After our date he was going out of town for business and would be retuning in 3 weeks. What I didnt expect was not to have any communication at all and now I am left wondering if we will see each other again or not. Its now 3 weeks since he ledt.

The one thing that might have happened was that he asked me if I wanted to get married in the future and I said yes that I would. When he asked me this I was giving him an honest answer and was not at all implying that I was going to marry him as I dont know much about this man. I am now left with the desire to tell this man that it is not HIM that I want to marry but when i find the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. For now I was just enjoying my time with him and getting to know him. He was fun and had great conversations.

When he took me to the car it didnt seem like what I said bothered him at all and we hugged and kissed as if nothing.

How can I try to repair this now or is this done deal and I need to move on?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you think you did wrong. Answering his question honestly that you would like to be married in the future? That is not a mistake. If he bailed because of this, that would be in your best interest.

I would assume you wouldn't want to be with a guy who never wanted to get married if you would like to do that in the future.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:00 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Nah, the three weeks apart so early in the relationship killed it.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:18 PM

403 posts, read 472,917 times
That vacation thing maybe a easy way to avoid seeing someone again because I was told the same back in the summer and never from her again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships