Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 09:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Why would you think about something like that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 09:14 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Yeah he's hit me a few times. I know it's dumb but I'm just lonely. In not back with it just thinking about it in my mind.
NO! Don't go backwards into that trap. Let me predict what will happen: he will start hitting again. Maybe you come up pregnant, doubling down on your bad situation and ensuring that you remain in that bad life. Stay away from him.

Get out of that town. Understand that life can get get a lot better if you work towards it.

Look at it like you are not abandoning your younger siblings - you just have to save yourself first in order to save the worthy ones later (by that, I mean some will want to better themselves and some will be content to wallow in the sty).

I grew up in a small depressing town, where opportunities were few. Probably a lot like your town. I cringe to think what life would have been like had I not left.

You made a wisecrack as to not giving extra sauce to a poster, because of what he/she said. It showed an intelligence and a sense of humor there. There is potential in you. Do yourself a favor and get out.

Last edited by cheryjohns; 12-29-2015 at 09:41 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 09:25 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I talked to the guy I dated last and we might start over. He has issues with abuse so I'm still not sure. I'm hoping something else will come up. I'm just ready for another relationship. Two months ago I wasn't sure but now I really want to be with somebody. I don't know. Blah.
Quote:
It's hard but we make it work. I think if I were just married my problems would jyat go away but even my pastor says I am wishfully thinking.
Quote:
Yeah he's hit me a few times. I know it's dumb but I'm just lonely. In not back with it just thinking about it in my mind.
These three posts are posts that you should print out and paste up on your mirror. You need to read them every single day when you wake up and before you go to sleep at night.

These three posts are blaring testaments as to why you should not be trying to date anyone right now.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
But then why flirt with me and the hints

Just because a person can be overly friendly, does not mean they are interested in you. A good Manager would not even dream of getting involved with an employee. After you approached him, he probably saw that you took it the wrong way, and now does not want to make that mistake again. I know quite a few people like that.

You can equate them to folks that join Marathons just to run, not to win, or even finish. They just like to play game. Go on about your business now.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:09 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I have a feeling it's behind the dumpster. That's truly a player if he can talk some hot Latino girl INTO the dumpster.
And get free Big mac meals (supersized with chicken nuggets) for my buddies afterwards

Old 01-01-2016, 02:48 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Theres a new manager at my job who I asked out a week ago (he's different def not abusive like I talked about in my last post). He would flirt with me and compliment me and I could just tell that he liked me. He told me he was single and hinted around but when I asked him out he said he can't take me because if work rules. Now ever since I asked I think hes been avoiding me and won't talk or joke with me anymore :/ any reason why? Did he not like me after all. Did he think I would tell if we did date. I dont get it
Sounds like you read him wrong. I don't think he was flirting with you but just being friendly. Yet you took it the wrong way.

Flirting would be sending you hearts or blowing kisses or telling you how sexy you are or asking you out on a date.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:55 AM

22 posts, read 27,235 times
He backed off because with the current atmosphere, dating a subordinate can easily be spun into a "sexual harassment/using position of power to coerce you" lawsuit.

"But I wouldn't do that!"
Maybe you wouldn't, but he can't read your mind. Or maybe you wouldn't now, but would do it out of spite if you ever got into a lover's quarrel. Way too risky for him.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Theres a new manager at my job who I asked out a week ago (he's different def not abusive like I talked about in my last post). He would flirt with me and compliment me and I could just tell that he liked me. He told me he was single and hinted around but when I asked him out he said he can't take me because if work rules. Now ever since I asked I think hes been avoiding me and won't talk or joke with me anymore :/ any reason why? Did he not like me after all. Did he think I would tell if we did date. I dont get it
You can't blame him for that love

Can I ask why did you ask him out if your company doesn't allow dating between its workers?

Old 01-01-2016, 07:55 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
I thought she was 16 and he was 17 reading the initial posts. 22? 22 is not a child. That is an adult who should know better. Long past childhood. We have 22 year olds leading 18 and 19 year old men and women in combat. Best advice for the OP is to go down to the local recruiter and sign up. Doesn't matter which one, but it will get her out of that town and into some experience in the world.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:31 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
I think you thought he was flirting when he was just being nice. Thats his job, being a manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships