Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:42 AM

9 posts, read 6,406 times

Advertisements

me and this girl have been texting for a month, she seems nice i would say. i have not asked her out yet but want to take her out to a nice place. but the thing is, ive only texted her phone but never spoke to her. i know its her but she has only seen one pic of me, should i be caution that she might not like how i look. also, is it too soon to see what should we say to being asked out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 07:44 AM

986 posts, read 1,865,956 times
You guys should talk on the phone and see how the conversation goes. That's a good step towards meeting in person. If you have chemistry on the phone, it'll be likely that you'll have chemistry in person. If not, then you know there's really no point in meeting.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 AM

9 posts, read 6,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
You guys should talk on the phone and see how the conversation goes. That's a good step towards meeting in person. If you have chemistry on the phone, it'll be likely that you'll have chemistry in person. If not, then you know there's really no point in meeting.
i was thinking should i ask her can we talk on phone?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:56 AM

986 posts, read 1,865,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach282 View Post
i was thinking should i ask her can we talk on phone?
Yep, just ask if you guys can start chatting on the phone. And see how it goes.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:08 AM

92 posts, read 127,335 times
You should not be texting for a whole month before you ask a girl out. A few lighthearted texts, then ask her out.
You should have been on your 3rd or 4th date with this girl if it was going well by now.

If you do the phone, crack a few jokes, ask some preliminary safe questions and make a date within 10-15 minutes of that call. Then say you need to go exercise or do something for work and end the call.

Chemistry and connections can only happen in person. People can be one way on the phone and another in real life.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:13 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
You've been texting for a MONTH??? Good Lord, man, you should have been with her three weeks ago!!!

Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
You've been texting for a MONTH??? Good Lord, man, you should have been with her three weeks ago!!!
Friend zoning in 5..4..3....

Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 AM

524 posts, read 521,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post
Friend zoning in 5..4..3....
Alex is right, OP. Learn from this experience and don't make the same mistake with the next one. Always ask a girl if you can call and speak to her to gauge her mental sturdiness. There are a lot of wackos online.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionsRGood View Post
Alex is right, OP. Learn from this experience and don't make the same mistake with the next one. Always ask a girl if you can call and speak to her to gauge her mental sturdiness. There are a lot of wackos online.
Good point. If she ends up being a wacko, the OP wasted a month of texting. He could have been doing much more productive things instead of texting.

His time is important, he shouldn't be giving it away to just anyone. Especially strangers.

Also OP, do not take her to a nice place. Nice places (if you mean expensive restaurants and the like) are places you take her after you got along and are further in the relationship.

If you go to dinner and you don't connect, then you are stuck until dinner is over. Go to a night time establishment where you can talk and have a drink (or do more than talk if you really get along). If you are getting along and you get hungry, then go eat.

Trust me, I learned all the above the hard way.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:32 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
If you've been texting a girl for a month and haven't asked her out, and haven't even talked to her on the phone, I'm sure she's thinking that you're not really interested or serious about dating. I'm pretty sure she's mentally already moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships