Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 AM

92 posts, read 127,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Jackson View Post
The gum was spearmint so I don't think my breath was bad.

I don't feel like she is OCD. When we went to eat, she ordered boneless wings because she said she doesn't like sauce on her hands. She broke her fork and sauce got on her hands but she finished eating before washing them. Also, when we were looking at the fish in walmart, she touched the glass and got water on her hands, she semi freaked out, she was more worried about the smell, luckily there was a sink next to the tank.

I just don't really want to be in the position where I only try to kiss her at the end of the night. I feel like it's unnecessary pressure. Any ideas how I can change this? Perhaps a certain type of date would make it easier.
Then don't wait until the end of the night. Do what feels right.

Also, the more worrying thing here isn't the kissing, it's the getting freaked out by coming into contact with everyday life items. Freaking out about water from a glass should get alarm bells ringing. That's going to get old fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 09:33 AM

19 posts, read 13,678 times
I understand what you guys mean with the kissing. I don't expect tongue, I'm ok with that, I guess I just expect advancement from the last kiss. I guess this girl is just different. I feel like if I don't try to kiss her after I did on the 2nd date, then things aren't moving in the right direction. Should I just not go for it and let her go for it?

Old 12-30-2015, 09:41 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
I understand what you guys mean with the kissing. I don't expect tongue, I'm ok with that, I guess I just expect advancement from the last kiss. I guess this girl is just different. I feel like if I don't try to kiss her after I did on the 2nd date, then things aren't moving in the right direction. Should I just not go for it and let her go for it?
A soft peck on the lips is all she wants for now.

Take it slow Tiger! She sounds like a nice catch. Don't screw it up with over thinking things.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Just go for it. If she starts developing feelings she will want to kiss you. I have had times when I got the peck, then she backed off, then we continued talking and touching and a few moments later she was not reaching to kiss me, but she was the one giving me the tongue. No woman that really has feelings won't want to kiss you. They have desires too.

Yes, some girls go slower than others.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
A soft peck on the lips is all she wants for now.

Take it slow Tiger! She sounds like a nice catch. Don't screw it up with over thinking things.
Exactly, overthinking kills the mood.

Its not like she isn't seeing him regularly. That she agreed to go out with him 3 times isn't a bad sign.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:47 AM

Appreciate the advice everyone. I've never dated a girl who made me wait like this lol. I just hope she isn't doing this because she isn't over someone else. She seems to really like me, maybe she just wants to be sure.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Appreciate the advice everyone. I've never dated a girl who made me wait like this lol. I just hope she isn't doing this because she isn't over someone else. She seems to really like me, maybe she just wants to be sure.

Your job isn't to figure out why she is making you wait. Your job is to show her a good time, give her your undivided attention while on dates, and get her to like you enough where the reasons she is making you wait are reasons no longer.

Oh, and good luck! She seems like a quality girl. Quality girls aren't a dime a dozen you know.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post
Your job isn't to figure out why she is making you wait. Your job is to show her a good time, give her your undivided attention while on dates, and get her to like you enough where the reasons she is making you wait are reasons no longer.

Oh, and good luck! She seems like a quality girl. Quality girls aren't a dime a dozen you know.
I do feel like we have a good connection beyond just physical things. I actually enjoy talking to her which is rare.

I know man! She is a good girl, which is why I don't want to screw it up by expecting her to kiss me.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post

Exactly. And she's probably not "making you wait" like it's a calculated thing. She sounds like she's trying to get to know you.

Remember the real goal here is supposed to be to get to know someone and enjoy being with her, not "MUST GET FRENCH KISS."

Quit overthinking it.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I do feel like we have a good connection beyond just physical things. I actually enjoy talking to her which is rare.

I know man! She is a good girl, which is why I don't want to screw it up by expecting her to kiss me.
Don't worry about the kissing. Since the conversations are good and you like talking to her (a great, great sign) focus on keeping the conversations good and stimulating. The kissing (and everything else) will naturally come.

Of course, if you are 3 or 4 months in and the kissing is still pecks, well, we can cross that bridge if we get to it. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships