Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 12:16 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Jackson View Post
Unfortunately, her dog bit her baby niece in the face and it required surgery, but nothing major. She said it was extremely uncharacteristic of him, because he is usually very timid. They will be putting him down in a couple weeks, she seems to be doing ok given the circumstances.
She's killing her dog because the dog bit her niece?

Wouldn't it be a bit less extreme to simply keep the dog and the niece separate if the niece comes to visit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:20 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post

Wouldn't it be a bit less extreme to simply keep the dog and the niece separate if the niece comes to visit?
Seriously. I don't even care that this is a hijack...that is offensive.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Seriously. I don't even care that this is a hijack...that is offensive.

Not a hijack. It's another red flag on this girl for the OP to be aware of.

He's trying way to hard to want this girl to like him when he should be checking for the flags for why he might not like her.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:25 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Not a hijack. It's another red flag on this girl for the OP to be aware of.

He's trying way to hard to want this girl to like him when he should be checking for the flags for why he might not like her.
Sorry...to clarify: I meant MY post was a hijack, not the one I quoted.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:49 PM

403 posts, read 472,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. Kisses are not gratuities, like the free after-dinner mints you get at some restaurants. They're an intimate act. The kind of woman you say you're looking for usually needs to feel some special attraction to a guy after getting to know him before a level of intimacy kicks in.

This made me laugh out loud. " kisses are not like free after dinner mints"

Old 01-01-2016, 05:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Walmart walk? Could be fun actually. If you pick the right aisle. Toys, games. Always good conversation starters. Books, movies and music too. And if you can fight off the kids you can play around of video games. Would be quite fun with the right person.

I went on a date were we stopped at a tourist store and picked out ugly clothes for each other. One of the highlights of the outing.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:02 AM

19 posts, read 13,687 times
Quote:

She has to put the dog down for insurance purposes.

We had our 4th date tonight, we went ice skating and then to an Irish restaurant (she wants to travel to Ireland someday). I'll tell you guys more about it tomorrow. I'd love to hear some of your opinions.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:44 AM

98 posts, read 72,792 times
She's just not that into you...... if she was into you, she'd kiss longer. Women who are seriously attracted to you don't want to come up for air!

She's a classic cereal dater - in other words, not dating for love, just dating for the heck of it. I'd say it's time to find a new fish who is more serious about you.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:15 PM

19 posts, read 13,687 times
*UPDATE*

So we had our 4th date last night. We went ice skating and out to eat. She seemed excited when we went in the arena, I was too. Notre Dame's facility is amazing. She hugged the wall for the first 15 minutes trying not to fall. I held her hand for a couple laps. We both had a few close calls and shared some laughs. We skated for about an hour, then we went to an Irish restaurant.

We took our seats which was a booth in the corner, it was a good spot to see the band play a little later. We had a good meal, I had a shepherds pie, and she had chicken curry. We also ordered a round of Irish beers. After we ate, I told her she could sit by me to get a better view of the band, the table we were at was open too (the restaurant encourages customers to share tables), she agreed. We sat close to each other, our legs were touching, I rested my arm on the top of the booth behind her. We talked and enjoyed the conversation. She asked about my parents, and I asked about hers. She told me her parents were nice people. She asked about my most spontaneous moments. She seems pretty close to her younger sister (18), I have a younger sister too (17). She told me her sister wants her to move to florida with her while she goes to school next year. I asked about her childhood, she told me she was kind of a tomboy growing up, and played football with the boys when she was young. We joked and people watched during the show. She told me I was pretty great again, from time to time I rested my arm around her shoulders, touched the inside of her leg when talking in her ear. She would touch back by putting her arm around my waist and rubbing me for a couple seconds and then returning to her natural position, or she would grab my stomach. She would do this while we laughed a few times. At one point, she hooked my arm and felt my bicep. She told me I have really nice arms lol. She told me she liked my shirt. I told her I used to have very long hair, she seemed fascinated and was trying to picture me with it. We had a second round of beers and laughed some more, after the show we decided to leave. We split the costs at both places, she offered. I walked her to her car and we hugged for about 10 seconds and then said goodbye. No kiss, I didn't really try for it this time.

The date lasted about 7 hours, it was pretty great once again. I noticed that she did her hair very nice on this date, like she went to a salon beforehand. So what do you guys think? I'd say this date was similar to the previous two, except it was a bit more physical. We had good conversation, although not too personal, and we laughed with each other throughout. It didn't seem awkward at all, I felt comfortable the whole night.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It sounds very "fine and good" overall, a pleasant date.

The only positive I can say about not kissing her is MAYBE it will make her wonder why you didn't try, and more likely to make her open to a kiss next time. Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships