Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 07:14 AM

44 posts, read 133,668 times

Advertisements

What are you looking for, OP? Just casual dating or something serious? If you're looking for a serious relationship you won't have any problems. When I was in my early 20ies, someone who's 30 was too old for me. It's just a different stage of life. I was a student, wanted to have fun, and wanted to date someone around my own age. When I finished college, worked for a while and was about 26, I started dating a guy who was 29. I wanted something serious. No worries, you're not too old for most women 25+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 08:15 AM

103 posts, read 69,239 times
Yes but for all the wrong reasons.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:06 AM

4,564 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I turned 29 today, so one year left. I've heard a lot of, "Don't worry about it" as far as the big Three Zero goes, but definitely the negative stuff stands out. Like women in their 20s won't want to date you anymore because 30 is too close to 40 and 40 is too close to 50, and 50 is basically dead. As hyperbolic as that sounds and all lol.
Dont worry about it. When I was 30, I was at the top of my game. I had all kinds of women. Seriously, from 28 to 34 was the most productive time of my life in terms of dating. I had money, a home, my body was magnificent, and there were times where I had 2-3 women (i.e., sex) in one day because I was NOT looking for a girlfriend. It wasnt until I hit 34 where I met my future wife and settled into a different lifestyle.

As long as you arent ugly then you shouldnt worry about it. Many 22-25 year old women will prefer a 30 year old guy over a guy their own age. Guys their age usually have no money and are still pretty much kids themselves.

So dont stress out. You're a dude, you can do well even when you hit the big 5-0 because that is the nature of the world. Plus, you'll clean house with the 35-40 year old woman crowd. They know they are on the downside of their dating "careers", are super horny, not into playing games, and with the way most people are into health/fitness, may have bodies that are better than the 20 something year olds (as long as they havent had any kids).

Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
My dude,,, lol,,, there is an entire DECADE between 30 and 40. The only chics who think "30 is old" are still in high school. So let's keep it movin' shall we ?

Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Dont worry about it. When I was 30, I was at the top of my game. I had all kinds of women. Seriously, from 28 to 34 was the most productive time of my life in terms of dating. I had money, a home, my body was magnificent, and there were times where I had 2-3 women (i.e., sex) in one day because I was NOT looking for a girlfriend. It wasnt until I hit 34 where I met my future wife and settled into a different lifestyle.

As long as you arent ugly then you shouldnt worry about it. Many 22-25 year old women will prefer a 30 year old guy over a guy their own age. Guys their age usually have no money and are still pretty much kids themselves.

So dont stress out. You're a dude, you can do well even when you hit the big 5-0 because that is the nature of the world. Plus, you'll clean house with the 35-40 year old woman crowd. They know they are on the downside of their dating "careers", are super horny, not into playing games, and with the way most people are into health/fitness, may have bodies that are better than the 20 something year olds (as long as they havent had any kids).
My most 'productive' time was in my late 30s. A very good job, money in my pocket, a lovely apartment in the center of the city and an okay body. Like you, I didn't go looking for the girls, they came to me.

Then, and also like you, I met my future wife and that all changed. But did I have a blast!

Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Depends on location.

Dating died off completely for me when I hit my 30s. Small town living+heavy drug use+majority of women marrying off before they hit 25 or less will do that though.

But then you got the divorcees! Oh boy let me tell you how horrific the majority of those women are. Just trying to talk to them is like trying to have a conversation with the Devil himself most of the time, unless they find out you have infinite money, the body of a Greek God, and your own business which is nothing but traveling(so she can piggy back) so she can "feel taken care of." Seriously it's so bad I'd rather date a 20 something over a 30 something+ anymore, but 20 somethings have a whole other list of problems that sucks.

Hope you don't live in a small town, and you'll probably be OK with dating in your 30s.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:17 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
As a 30 year old guy, you can date women easily from 18-30. Not too bad.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:17 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,476 times
I just turned 30 in November but nothing has changed. I still have an abundance of options.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:20 PM

62 posts, read 35,889 times
30s is when women want commitment. That's when suddenly all the "fake, manipulative nice guys" aren't so fake and manipulative anymore because those girls need husbands now.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:57 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
I am 34 years old with a career and actively pursue women in their early twenties. I'll let people put up their parameters of what they think is right and judge accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships